Why?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Slowman
regular

Why?

Post by Slowman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 am

Why would anyone walk around the Sydney CBD wearing the bottom half of their wetsuit carrying a surfboard around? I was in the city last week for work and haven't been there for a while and noticing some changes and then I spotted this. Is there a surf spot at Darling Harbour I don't know about? This was near the corner of Bathurst and Kent Streets. About a month back I missed getting a photo of a ute with a goat and a surf ski in the back (I nearly dropped the camera out the window as I chased through trafic trying to get the shot) so I had to get this one at least.

Name and shame! Yeah may be he lives there but it looks odd.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 am

I find it more odd that you called that a surfboard ... how could you ... :?: :x

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:14 am

Surfin Turf wrote:I find it more odd that you called that a surfboard ... how could you ... :?: :x
Because it is a surfboard. At that angle it might look like a lid but it isn't, it was a clear board with a black cover...you can see the string at the back.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:16 am

Slowman wrote:
Surfin Turf wrote:I find it more odd that you called that a surfboard ... how could you ... :?: :x
Because it is a surfboard. At that angle it might look like a lid but it isn't, it was a clear board with a black cover...you can see the string at the back.
my mistake ... I stand corrected ... I just assumed anything that odd would be boogie related ...

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 am

Bloody stand ups. Confirmation of the '90% theory'.

Slowman
regular

Post by Slowman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:27 am

Ringmaster wrote:Why didn't you just cross the street and ask him :?: :idea:
What are you crazy? I was in the hustling CBD I was rushing man :lol: honestly it never occurred to me as I could only see it being misinterpreted as "why the bejeezus are you walking around town like a seedspiller with a surfboard and your wetsuit on?" and I couldn't have that.

PB
regular

Post by PB » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 am

I'd put money on him being a backpacker who doesn't realise it's possible to wear clothes to the beach & then change into your wettie

He was probably en route to Town Hall Stn in order to surf Bondi

There are some Swedish surfers who live in the apartment block of a friend of mine in Bellevue Hill, and I often see them coming down in the elevator in their wetsuits (zipped up!), boards under their arms, all ready for the 2km walk down Old South Head Rd

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

iggy wrote:i reckon we should move this thread over to tangents and use it as a suppository for all of the weird arsed shit that people capture on their cameras or camera phones for that matter...

at one point i had a fkkn gold mine of weird public happening shit on my phone...

still got one of a massively obese man with tree trunk purple cankles at circular quay hurling abuse at a bus...

he looked like a big boiled humpty dumpty going feral with tourettes...

poor cnut was a schizophrenic i think...

funny though :lol:It sounds to me that you have just witnesed the soul heir to harris coffee and tea doin his thing.He dose this to bus drivers all the time.He's actually been known to siht in his hand and throw it at the drivers.Yuck :? :? :!:
maybe i'll put it up, bit cruel though :oops:

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:51 pm

thats a backpackers hostel isnt it?

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Bloody stand ups. Confirmation of the '90% theory'.
so true of me I'm afraid ... I believe that 90% of boogie boarding is dead boring and the other 10% is worse ...

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:Bloody stand ups. Confirmation of the '90% theory'.
so true of me I'm afraid ... I believe that 90% of boogie boarding is dead boring and the other 10% is worse ...
Hook, line and sinker.

Hahahaaha. Too easy.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

^^^^

so is that line ... 8)

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:19 pm

Reminds me of the tome i walked the 5km home from the golf course, i was towing my buggy past this old bloke pottering in his front yard. I leaned over the fence and said " hey mate, have you seen a titleist pro v 4 around here?
Nah he didn't laugh either.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:47 pm

marcus wrote:thats a backpackers hostel isnt it?
yes.

Chrisp
barnacle

Post by Chrisp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Chillin wrote:Reminds me of the tome i walked the 5km home from the golf course, i was towing my buggy past this old bloke pottering in his front yard. I leaned over the fence and said " hey mate, have you seen a titleist pro v 4 around here?
Nah he didn't laugh either.
I laughed.......... :lol: