Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 pm

ledge71 wrote:Small waves on The Island over the weekend with a 5 hour session on Sunday afternoon in 2 to 3 foot PERFECT conditions. Duck dived a little one paddleing back out, nosed into the reef. Hands slipped down the rains and I crunched my chin into the coral! It aint a good look and hurts like hell when I smile! Lucky I'm at work and there's never anything fun to smile at!

Had my little surfing mate medivac'd off the island with a collapsed lung Saturday arvo so I won't be complaining about shitty surf for the next few weeks.

Looks like some good swell coming our way this week, Don, can you confirm please?

Photo attached of one of the villages we surf at.
Hope they're not boiled lollies, Ledge. :oops: :roll:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Welcome spike in easterly swell this morn. Last few sessions have been rubbish for me getting frustrated and flapping about all kooky like.
No different for the early today, good swell gone to waste over crap banks. Not getting my feet in place and flailing about. Totally off my game.

So, after lunch. ventured south of the divide to Bronte and got back on the bike, survived the low tide rock off, and took ma chances amongst a pack of familiar faced chargers ( gee those life guards have got it good) ripping it up in shapely shoulder to head high on the sets. Managed to evade getting clobbered as I'm prone to doing picking off middish ones between sets. and jagged a few bowly rights getting some nice speed across pitching sections, perfect foot placement, and enjoyed the newish stick again.
Must say, being amongst more accomplished surfers really helps to lift yer game. Confidence restored.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

alakaboo wrote: Jimmy, where did you end up surfing? I guess not Del Mar, seeing as the station closed in the mid 90s... :)
Yeah didn't know that til I got to Santa Fe station. Headed up to Seaside Reef one day and Swamis the next.. Not all time (3-4 Ft) but really liked North County SD. Should have spent more time up there instead getting stuck in La Jolla.

Thanks again for the advice Mr Alakaboo (is that better Mark? :mrgreen: )

And sorry for having a dig at your site I was a bit pissed at the time. :oops:
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm

all good, 8) didnt surf today, had work to do but it was the nicest morning for waves in a while, but heard it went to shit pretty early but saw the Bluff about as good as I have ever seen it and only 1 guy out...he really scored.......there is a bit of swell still so I am aiming to get a spot tomorrow morn, just hope the swell is big enough, could be super fun coa everything is right for it....built up and now can only be dissapointed..... :roll:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 am

jimmy1501 wrote:really liked North County SD. Should have spent more time up there instead getting stuck in La Jolla.
yeah, I could happily spend a lot more time in the Solana Beach/Cardiff area.
Pity Baja has gone to the dogs, otherwise it'd be a perfect spot.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

pridmore wrote:all good, 8) didnt surf today, had work to do but it was the nicest morning for waves in a while, but heard it went to shit pretty early but saw the Bluff about as good as I have ever seen it and only 1 guy out...he really scored.......there is a bit of swell still so I am aiming to get a spot tomorrow morn, just hope the swell is big enough, could be super fun coa everything is right for it....built up and now can only be dissapointed..... :roll:

I must have got there after you saw it Mark. I hit the water about 5.45am at the Bluff.
There were three out at that point and I had nearly 2 hours. Never more than 8 or 9 of us. Wouldn't say it was all time but it was fun, if a little confronting. Some of the clean up sets were pretty serious and unpredictable because the peak was shifting a bit and they weren't quite lining up properly.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 pm

must have just missed ya ( if you mean Wed morning, coz today I checked elsewhere and surfed another spot y ) but wed morning was tasty lines thats for sure and Bluff wasnt perfect but was nearly as good as I have seen it, for a bloody long time anyway....next time let me know you are heading up....
I surfed a rippy semi closeout beachy today, wasnt how I'd hoped but was still ok...rode boards with proper fins for the first time in weeks, wow, who dropped the anchor, but got it sussed after a few...Cuttlefish paddled out, good to chat and talk boards..my son took a few dodgy pics, might throw a few up later.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

pridmore wrote:must have just missed ya ( if you mean Wed morning, coz today I checked elsewhere and surfed another spot y ) but wed morning was tasty lines thats for sure and Bluff wasnt perfect but was nearly as good as I have seen it, for a bloody long time anyway....next time let me know you are heading up....
I surfed a rippy semi closeout beachy today, wasnt how I'd hoped but was still ok...rode boards with proper fins for the first time in weeks, wow, who dropped the anchor, but got it sussed after a few...Cuttlefish paddled out, good to chat and talk boards..my son took a few dodgy pics, might throw a few up later.... 8)
No sorry. I misread when you posted.' Twas actually today.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Here's where Ledge has been surfing lately.

Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm

pridmore wrote:must have just missed ya ( if you mean Wed morning, coz today I checked elsewhere and surfed another spot y ) but wed morning was tasty lines thats for sure and Bluff wasnt perfect but was nearly as good as I have seen it, for a bloody long time anyway....next time let me know you are heading up....
It's normally a last minute decision based on my knowledge of the area. If my local isn't doing it, I think about where else might be given the conditions. There is a certain set of conditions which, when my local isn't working, up there will be.
Beanpole

Skipper

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:43 pm

TrevG wrote:Here's where Ledge has been surfing lately.

Yea Trev, was a very very hard to get out and go back to work. Just two of us out.

Who would be able to turn their back on this?
Attachments
DSC_0037.JPG
You should never turn your back on a friend!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm

got nuthin on me Ledge, I pity you havin to surf that ..... :roll:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:26 pm

TrevG wrote:
pridmore wrote:all good, 8) didnt surf today, had work to do but it was the nicest morning for waves in a while, but heard it went to shit pretty early but saw the Bluff about as good as I have ever seen it and only 1 guy out...he really scored.......there is a bit of swell still so I am aiming to get a spot tomorrow morn, just hope the swell is big enough, could be super fun coa everything is right for it....built up and now can only be dissapointed..... :roll:

I must have got there after you saw it Mark. I hit the water about 5.45am at the Bluff.
There were three out at that point and I had nearly 2 hours. Never more than 8 or 9 of us. Wouldn't say it was all time but it was fun, if a little confronting. Some of the clean up sets were pretty serious and unpredictable because the peak was shifting a bit and they weren't quite lining up properly.

i'd love know how many are out tommorrow on the back this :?:

i surf the rivermouth....it was average....cast of a thounsand clowns fighting over better than average set waves on the points, i just couldn't face the sheer weight of humanity :cry:

yay for surf reports and forecasts and the dreaded mobile phone :roll:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

maybe its a scam to send people there while we get better waves somewhere else... :roll:
reckon Ledges peak will be crowded as buggery.....mid week is great for crowds round here, just the weekends is mental...

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Yea. We're getting a good run at the moment. At least you can still get out there. Better then the alternative. Good luck for the weekend guys.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Noosa little cove today, some nice looong nose ride sections. Was going to enter the noosa comp but couldn't be fked with it all this year.

I'll be down the bluff early tomorrow before work, seeyas there :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:
TrevG wrote:

i'd love know how many are out tommorrow on the back this :?:

i surf the rivermouth....it was average....cast of a thounsand clowns fighting over better than average set waves on the points, i just couldn't face the sheer weight of humanity :cry:

yay for surf reports and forecasts and the dreaded mobile phone :roll:
You may be right Fong.
But there's another issue at the Bluff and Moffs. If you get there at dawn and watch for an hour or so, on any day except one where the wind has been blowing hard onshore all night, probably something in excess of 50 cars will arrive to check out the conditions. Most move on elsewhere. But it's hardly a secret that those two places are where you go first up if you are anywhere nearby.
Beanpole

Skipper

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 pm

No comment required.
Attachments
18 02 2011 025.jpg
2-18-2011_014.jpg