Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

ledge71
Local

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ledge71 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm

pridmore wrote:Kings,clean and small but ideal for the semi-finless boards, not too many out and the ones that were out were all sitting on one peak and it wasnt even the best or most consistent spot :roll: Son and I got heaps of fun ones before he had to go to school.... :D
So you're living on the sunny coast?
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm

pridmore wrote:Kings,clean and small but ideal for the semi-finless boards, not too many out and the ones that were out were all sitting on one peak and it wasnt even the best or most consistent spot :roll: Son and I got heaps of fun ones before he had to go to school.... :D

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm

t - tree

hehe....and haha

1 pm...it was clean and pumping with no prick around

by 6 pm it was maxing out and heavy :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 pm

ledge71 wrote:
Yep. He's baaack!
Just bought the swinger with length of him. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

ledge71 wrote:
Yep. He's baaack!
Just bought the swinger with length off him. 8)
Last edited by Trev on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Did anyone in Sydney manage to snag some waves around midday with this random change of wind to NW?

I paddled out to Curly with no wind and plenty of chop left over from the NE'er the day before, it was looking pretty mushy and average but there was only one guy out. Hadn't even had a wave yet only to have the wind swing to strong offshore. The wind cleaned the place up and held up some amazing little wedge barrels, there was barrels left right and center, it was amazing! It was like a cracking middle of winter surf, clean, consistent and hollow, only hot summer temperatures! :D
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Got nuttin'
Not lookin' good for the next week or so either.
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I surfed not too far frm you Trev, Kings again, more crowded and not much bigger. Thought we may have got more swell from Yasi but today was still fun...only 2 ft but water was nice to cool down in, stinking bloody hot here....

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:49 pm

pridmore wrote:I surfed not too far frm you Trev, Kings again, more crowded and not much bigger. Thought we may have got more swell from Yasi but today was still fun...only 2 ft but water was nice to cool down in, stinking bloody hot here....
Yeah. I watched a few go out early just north of the KBG but couldn't get excited about it and went back to bed. :oops:
Beanpole

Skipper

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm

was fun around the high tide, especially if you had a board with alot of foam and getting waves when the HPS crew werent....looks like being smaller again tomoz but could be worth a paddle still on the Swinger...dunno if I'll bother tomoz especially if the swell drops, might check one of 2 other NE options that are open to more swell.....

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Can't believe you guys didn't get any good swell! Thought is was a certain. Hope you get some on the weekend.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 am

I went to noosa, after looking at local decided not worth travelling down south, think it was now the right call. Surfed nationals early and got some real fun waves, wind and tide got into it later on and when I got out around 9.30 it was very average indeed
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 am

Anyone know if DI hand anything?

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

7ft Tea-tree... wind swung offshore for about 30 mins, was incredible
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:27 pm

haysie wrote:7ft Tea-tree... wind swung offshore for about 30 mins, was incredible
Now look. Haven't you been listening to Iggy? There's no such thing as a 7' wave. :wink: :lol:
Beanpole

Skipper

haysie
regular

Post by haysie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:40 pm

I wish I was talking about the surf... I sat in a 7' tall tea-tree for the whole day, cause there was no fcucking surf. :lol:
Braithy - I can look at a guy like Sonny Bill Williams, his physique and face, and appreciate, he's a good looking guy

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:14 pm

haysie wrote:I wish I was talking about the surf... I sat in a 7' tall tea-tree for the whole day, cause there was no fcucking surf. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beanpole

Skipper

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Perfect 3 to 4 at my home away from home local. A bit fat but glassy and very smooth. Got bloody crowded about 5pm when 2 guys paddled out at the same time! Four in the water is just not on...maybe I should sack em!

Have a good weekend everyone, hope you score some nice waves!