Snapper riffing

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Snapper riffing

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Julian or Kelly are winning, I think.

Opinion subject to change
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Did someone tell Parko I wasn't impressed? He's going ballistic against Julian!!!

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:00 pm

A lot of close heats - seems like half the tour are on song with wave choice the only thing separating the contestants. One low point for me is that South African girl doing the interviews.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:14 pm

pinhead wrote:A lot of close heats - seems like half the tour are on song with wave choice the only thing separating the contestants. One low point for me is that South African girl doing the interviews.

Low Point - WTF?
Rosie Hodge is one cute sexy thing, even her accent is mellifluous.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

pinhead
barnacle

Post by pinhead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:02 pm

black duck wrote:
pinhead wrote:A lot of close heats - seems like half the tour are on song with wave choice the only thing separating the contestants. One low point for me is that South African girl doing the interviews.

Low Point - WTF?
Rosie Hodge is one cute sexy thing, even her accent is mellifluous.
She seems to be trotting out prepared question and doesn't seem to have much connection with the surfers, the interviews just seem awkward and superficial. I can see cute and sexy girls with foreign accents at the cafe down the road and they bring me coffee.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 pm

pinhead wrote:I can see cute and sexy girls with foreign accents at the cafe down the road and they bring me coffee.
do they also surf better than you??

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Did anyone think Parko's 10 was overscored?

Not saying it wasn't a good wave but from where I was standing it looked more like a 9 or so. Not bitching just an observation..

Nice to meet you Braithy.. Shame about that handshake of yours though..

Never took you for a wet fish type..
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 pm

el rancho wrote:
pinhead wrote:I can see cute and sexy girls with foreign accents at the cafe down the road and they bring me coffee.
do they also surf better than you??
For an interview is not just surfing and good looking with foreign accents important.
I'll prefer fong. He could wear a bikini like Alana and a blonde long-haired wig..

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm

jimmy wrote:Did anyone think Parko's 10 was overscored?

Not saying it wasn't a good wave but from where I was standing it looked more like a 9 or so. Not bitching just an observation..

Nice to meet you Braithy.. Shame about that handshake of yours though..

Ha! Yeah, mate I was a stunned mullet.

Security guards had just given me the once over for some ill-advised photo captions they thought I was responsible for. I was getting out onto the sand to process everything.

When I heard someone say my name, I wasn't sure whether to turn around and just start swinging. Next time you can be sure I'll account for myself much better in the shaking hands department.

Good to meet you too. Maybe see you again tomorrow.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm

el rancho wrote:judges should not have to explain every score because the internet warriors can't wrap their pea-brains around high performance competition surfing.
Amen to that.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 pm

jimmy wrote:Shame about that handshake of yours though..

Oh dear, and I was just warming to Braithy.

Can't get past a wet fish handshake though.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm

pinhead wrote: One low point for me is that South African girl doing the interviews.
I've gotten used to having Rosie around ... in actual fact I've gotten used to the whole fcuking commentary team seemingly being sithifricans ... the only one missing is Wendy the tasteful watch where you put the staples centrefold Botha.

Anyway ... I missed most of the Porko and Julian heat due to bad timing and vehicular accommodation issues. Go Porko Go Porko Go Porko Yeah ... sounded like a doozy.

Slater ... no matter how hard I try and not be a Robert Kelly Slater fan ... its nearly impossible not to be ... especially when confronted with the kind of performance he put on this afternoon. Bede got a nice little barrel half way through ... but never really got out of the blocks. Not sure if I'm buying the whole peptide thing ... but Kelly on a flood-tide is a sight to behold ... crazy.

The last heat of the day panned out in a similar fashion ... with Mick leaping to the front from the get go ... and Wilko failing to keep in touch. Fanning is such a good surfer ... one of the few that can beat the air-brigate with scintillatingly honest on rail surfing ... go you good thing.

I'm definitely heading down tomorrow ... got my handshaking down pat ... I think its the delirium tremens ... maybe its Parkinson's Disease ... who knows ... but it causes havoc at low shutter speeds.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Womble wrote:
pinhead wrote: ..... the only one missing is Wendy the tasteful watch where you put the staples centrefold Botha.

A
saw her the other day. Looking a bit shabby, but then we all do sometimes.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Nothing wrong with Rosie.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but I reckon she's ok. Better than many of the blokes.

What the hell has happened with simple things like 'heats on demand'. Be damned if I can find anything on the intertubes. Googled to my heart's content, and got last year's heats on demand, couldn't find this year.

Farking hell, great promotions fellas. News, even on the SBS evening news, says that parko got a 10 in the quarters. Thought I would check it out.

Do you think I could find it?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 am

Here you go, Olds. Though you should probably have posted in the dementia thread.
http://quiksilverlive.com/progoldcoast/ ... 7&heat=811

Agree with Jimmy, not worth 10.
jimmy wrote:Shame about that handshake of yours though..
That wasn't wet fish, it was wombat jizm.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 am

merkin wrote:Could one of you learned gentlemen from north of the border please give me an estimated time of kick off for this palaver today - I need to get passports and visas sorted for the journey.
Next call 10 am at Kirra.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:32 am

reginald wrote:
merkin wrote:Could one of you learned gentlemen from north of the border please give me an estimated time of kick off for this palaver today - I need to get passports and visas sorted for the journey.

don't forget an abo for the bonfire
And as it's already 8.30 down your way, you'd better get a move on. :-)(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.