surfing alone

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:30 pm

I've often got a song going through my head. When I think beforehand I make sure I hear some good music before the surf so I don't get bob the builder, or worse still, one of my kids pokemon or hi-five songs going through my head.

Hey wanto, I've gotta ask. What's the ROFL about. I worked out lol, imo, imho and fwiw but ROFL has me beaten.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:35 pm

R-olling O-n the F-loor L-aughing...

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:51 pm

oh man, are you priming your groms to get bashed at school or what maurice!!!!!!I can just see it now dude "hey (insert your groms name) what on the ipod mate, i got the new snoop/farrell single, its sick, what are you listening to?" "oh man im way into dead freddy, here, listen".....smash!

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 pm

nubby wrote: what on the ipod mate, i got the new snoop/farrell single, its sick, .....smash!
hehehehehe :lol:

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:54 pm

hot potatoe hot potatoe!

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:36 pm

everytime a wave barrels or i see one i get this tune from a dvd called carnage and its calle dpulse and its all wipeouts from hawaii and i just get the song into my head

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:47 pm

One Mile Point wrote:everytime a wave barrels or i see one i get this tune from a dvd called carnage and its calle dpulse and its all wipeouts from hawaii and i just get the song into my head
Yeah Carnage is nothing but barrels, got it on my harddisk I'm going to cut it up and add my own music some day as me don't likes the sounds on it.

Nikko
regular

Post by Nikko » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:21 pm

I love it...
Seems inner confidence and a go for it attitude is all it's required.
Numbers up ;it is up no matter what i reckon...
Injuries is the biggest issue as someone else pointed out.
An understanding of environment seems essential to.
Time, experience and discovery channel is the go eh?
:evil:
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

mad
charger

Post by mad » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:10 pm

You know ever since the technology has advanced and is open to the market, I've been thinking about Shark Shields for the solo early sesh. It probably warrants a new topic but whaddya reckon?
Is it a soft on option, an impediment to surfing, better safe than sorry? I've done a little homework myself but thought to throw it out there.

nubby
charger

Post by nubby » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:27 pm

they would be sweet for us, but i can see a time when EVERYONE will have them and the noas wont be able to go near the coast to breed and stuff, instant extinction......

phil_mckrack

Post by phil_mckrack » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:06 pm

about the songs, i usually get a few through my head, mix them all up and make a huge remix marathon of loads of songs including a variety of guitar solos, riffs, drum beats, techno tunes and lyrics, only when alone, and its funny when you get so lost with your tunes and somebody has paddled out and you dont realise until you turn around to catch a wave, pretty embaressing actually... :oops:

mad
charger

Post by mad » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:38 pm

That's the one MG, one of their products is adaptable to a board but needs a purpose fit leggy, its all on their site.
Dunno about the SA surfer having a shark detterent device fitted mid-munch Wanto. As far as I know, the shark shield technology and its predecessors is the only gear on the market, unless you include chain mesh wetties or steel mesh cages, but there all a bit tricky to squeeze in the bazza, or pull off hell airs.
I did some ringing around in South Oz, and some crew are wearing the shark shields, and the locals are not happy Jan. Story is that they reckon the same electronic pulse that deters a shark within the 10 metre radius, also initially attracts the shark to the pulse. This is all fine if you're wearing the thing, but if you're the sucker without one, old mate next to you just wrote you up on the noah menu. Could have stumbled across a useful purpose for high school mattress shaggers. The company vehemently denies this on the website, so it's obviously an issue. Funny thing is when you read through the testimonies (mainly ab divers), their all saying how many noahs they've seen.
Be a real cumbersome bit of gear in the surf, but an improvement on the steel cage I suppose.