How many tries did it take you to ride your first wave ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

jagotrading

How many tries did it take you to ride your first wave ?

Post by jagotrading » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 am

I want to try surfing for the first time and i was wondering how many times it took you to catch your first wave? And also how big was the wave? (By the way i snowboard a little if that helps at all lol)

-------
California Big Wave Surfing - Riding 70ft Waves in the Golden State

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Re: How many tries did it take you to ride your first wave ?

Post by jimmy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 am

You could try not being a spamming cu.nt to start with.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:57 am

relax jimmy....
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 am

I remember diving out of that helicopter headfirst with a board in my hand, which I accidentally grabbed instead of the speargun. I was trying to nab one of those nice tuna-tasty dolphins who was taking it easy on the foamball. Not to be deterred, I barrel-rolled whilst swinging the board into what turned into a pretty awesome overhead smash, knocking Flippy the now floppy dolphin, who then disappeared into the lip and onto the reef. By virtue of a small series of adjustments based on the subconscious laws of self-preservation and an innate sense of balance, I now found myself laying on the board facing backwards as it itself was now being carried along within the tube. Self-preservation now back within regulated boundaries, I deferred to an equally-ancient need - hunger.

My manservant Peepo had exited the helicopter after me, in a rubber dingy; which seemed to us as the best way to safely manoeuvre his 145kg South Pacific frame around in the water. His task was, as always, to gather to my hunting. A fine pair we made as we plied our way around that mighty ocean and its exotic ports during the course of the late 19th century. He, being the son of a poor chieftain who was to sell him into slavery in order to slow the rapid decline of the native pig population that comprised the bulk of Peepo's diet, was happy, if not a little foolhardy, to follow me in my wanderings.

I longed to return to the country manor and the cordial affections of Genevieve, however an excess of lust for adventure and an interest in expanding the whale trade beyond its northern boundaries continued to drive me onwards and outwards. I found Peepo, during an island jaunt a number of years ago, covered in pig blood, gnawing on a leg bone and strapped to a sacrificial altar. Not wishing to involve myself in local politics, I threw some semi-precious beads into the air and released Peepo from his binds. Since that day he pledged himself to me. Not liking the look into his eyes as he said those words, especially then discerning his gender, I allowed him to aid me in my endeavours instead; and a wonderful aid he has become. I found myself coming to trust him completely, and we had become an effective team. With this in mind, I rode the board until the wave deposited me onto a nearby beach. Peepo joined me some minutes later with the carcass of the dolphin firmly within grasp, and proceeded to quickly make a fire a prepare a meal of dolphin and coconuts. We sat there, content, and fell asleep on the sand as day deferred to dark.

I do count that as my first wave, though I do acknowledge that it was not the primary goal at the time.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

jimmy1501 wrote:You could try not being a spamming cu.nt to start with.
JET01 wrote:relax jimmy....
Gee wizz, he does come over all Jack Russell like at the slightest hint of rustle in the bushes :o

Um...Dae!... that was a good thing you did for Peepo.
But how does he go getting around in the rubber dingy?

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 am

Peepo did very well indeed, getting around the dingy. Being all around something isn't a problem when one is 145kg.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 am

Dae wrote:Peepo did very well indeed, getting around the dingy. Being all around something isn't a problem when one is 145kg.
Are you ghostwriting for Longinus?
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 am

serial offender

http://www.sportalk.org/surfing/how-man ... rfing.html

take your spamming fcuktardery elsewhere.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 am

jimmy1501 wrote:You could try not being a spamming cu.nt to start with.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am

You having trouble with your tinypic Hatchy? :wink:

\none left on the forum.

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Sorted guys.

By Marcus. :twisted:
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?