Surf satire from 'Bearded Gimp'

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Surf satire from 'Bearded Gimp'

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:11 pm

iggy wrote:
steve shearer wrote:Man's got more boatbuilding, woodworking skills in his big toe than 99 percent of the cunce who hang shit on him.
absolutely, and it's doubtful anyone would dispute that..
Roy's work is magnificent and unrivalled..
but what's also true, is that anything that's ever offered up by Roy is either to promote himself or slander others..
Roy's craft and the way he chooses to ride waves is "a" way, but not "the" way..
(that's his downfall, as he's sees his way as the "only" way)
over the course of time on RS (and swaylocks, where he was eventually banned), he's hung shit on anyone that rides contemporary shortboards, or chooses to hang-ten, or cross-step on a longboard..
he's also made snide remarks at tom wegner's craft..
Roy is perhaps the most narrow-minded ego-centric dweeb to ever post on RS..
he's a great craftsman, but also an idiot..
Iggs, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Great craftsman but incredibly narrow minded in outlook and zero acceptance of anything but "his" way.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 pm

TrevG wrote:
iggy wrote:
steve shearer wrote:Man's got more boatbuilding, woodworking skills in his big toe than 99 percent of the cunce who hang shit on him.
but what's also true, is that anything that's ever offered up by Roy is either to promote himself or slander others..
Roy's craft and the way he chooses to ride waves is "a" way, but not "the" way..
over the course of time on RS (and swaylocks, where he was eventually banned), he's hung shit on anyone that rides contemporary shortboards, or chooses to hang-ten, or cross-step on a longboard..
Iggs, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Great craftsman but incredibly narrow minded in outlook and zero acceptance of anything but "his" way.

Hahahahaha I'd say we do more variety in fin setups, lengths, widths, thickness and rocker than the rest of the manufacturers on the planet added together, but that's just an educated guess !

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

iggy wrote:
Dude, I just call it the way I see it.

Regarding Tom Wegener's boards we have a lot in common design wise and I've been saying for years that even though I'm not a noserider I really admire his noserding boards.

Not sure where you got the idea that I've been making snide remarks about him, although possibly you might erroneously construe such a thing from an impersonal design discussion.

As far as Swaylocks goes, you have no idea but keep on towing that party line like a good chap.

:lol:

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Everything is the party line except your line, right Roy? :roll: Yes, you shape a variety of boards but you are missing the point. People don't like the way you preach at them rather than discuss with them. Better a 'party' line than a dictatorial one.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:07 pm

At least I get a good laugh at myself mate !

:D

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 pm

oh please, roy. i've never seen anybody take themselves as seriously as you do. you're the most earnest, narrow-minded, self-promoting piece of pomposity i've come across.

i do my best to like you -- i love weirdo freaks and hate the squares. but you don't seem to embody any of the spirit of the freak, just the trappings.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh fcuk...now where did I put that opened can of worms.
Sorry to be the catalyst for this threads development, I really did feel like a cnut (and still do) for taking a cheap shot.
Anyway, how about them tomatoes and landscaping ideas ay

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

gibber wrote:Oh fcuk...now where did I put that opened can of worms.
Sorry to be the catalyst for this threads development, I really did feel like a cnut (and still do) for taking a cheap shot.
Anyway, how about them tomatoes and landscaping ideas ay
Gaz, don't worry about it.
Roy makes his own problems. :lol:
He leads with his chin far too much for his own good. 8)
Sort of like the rest of us on here, too. :oops:
Or maybe if we get a bit more abusive, the thread will get locked. :mrgreen:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

purple pyramids wrote:
oh please, roy. i've never seen anybody take themselves as seriously as you do.
We do have a range of moods, including ultra serious, and ultra hilarious.

You sound pretty serious yourself right now !

you don't seem to embody any of the spirit of the freak

That's because I'm not a freak !

:D

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Clif wrote:
Everything is the party line except your line, right Roy? :roll: Yes, you shape a variety of boards but you are missing the point. People don't like the way you preach at them rather than discuss with them. Better a 'party' line than a dictatorial one.
Dictatorial ?

Here's a helpful wee clue: You can stop doing what I say now, it's not compulsory !

As for the party line, we all know what sort of horse one gets when a committee designs it !

Gimme a dictator any day. . . hang on, I AM a dictator I'm the ruler of my own being, it's called Liberty !

:lol: :lol:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm the ruler of my own being
No you are not, you just think you are.

Here's a wee clue: Nobody is doing what you say, hence why you always have to do the hard sell, over and over and over again. Sorry to say, it is tiresome.

Here's another wee clue: How about simply posting pictures of your woodwork projects without the dialogue? It is much more pleasant for all concerned.

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

I have got to say , I have lived my life until now just being vaguely aware of Roy. I dont know enough about him as a person to say diddly either way, but man, just because its wood and it doesnt look like homer simpsons spice rack doesnt mean its a good board, and I would eat a handful of my own sh.it before I strode down the beach with one of Roys under my arm. I seriously had to read some of his stuff twice to see if this was a gee up or not. If Garrat McNamara tows in on that ironing board with a handle (fin) then I want to see the footage and some commentary just to be sure its not a dare.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 pm

bohdidontsurf wrote:I have got to say , I have lived my life until now just being vaguely aware of Roy. I dont know enough about him as a person to say diddly either way, but man, just because its wood and it doesnt look like homer simpsons spice rack doesnt mean its a good board, and I would eat a handful of my own sh.it before I strode down the beach with one of Roys under my arm. I seriously had to read some of his stuff twice to see if this was a gee up or not. If Garrat McNamara tows in on that ironing board with a handle (fin) then I want to see the footage and some commentary just to be sure its not a dare.
Cue a slight creaking noise as your mind tries to expand but fails.

roy Stewart
regular

Post by roy Stewart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Clif wrote:

How about simply posting pictures of your woodwork projects without the dialogue?

It is much more pleasant for all concerned.
Certainly, but let's just say more pictures AND more dialogue shall we ?

Here's some more dialogue from 'The bearded Gimp'

"On the beach, veteran ASP judge Raimundo Herrera watched open-mouthed at the scene unfolding in front of him. "I'd just given Ben a 9.63 for his massive ride and then Roy gets his first wave. What could we do? It was the best wave I'd seen in my life - one that made our scoring system suddenly irrelevant. In the end we had to start marking him out of 100. Roy's heat total was 197.6 for his two best waves and his nearest competitor scored 16.1. It was carnage out there. Lambs to the slaughter."

That performance was enough for the rest of the field. As Herrera confirms, "Pretty much straight after Roy's first ride 17 competitors withdrew with injury and the rest of them followed suit, citing a variety of reasons. Nobody came out and said it, but we all knew that Roy would simply make them look stupid. Only Phil Rajzman was prepared to put his reputation on the line so we arranged a final for the two of them. Fair play to Phil, he gave it a go but Roy absolutely roasted him. He came in with tears in his eyes. Said it was a privilege to be out there in the presence of genius."

:lol:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

nu boy
regular

Post by nu boy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:19 pm

AAAHaaahaaha,All this tunnel vision makes me think of tunnel fins.I have one of roys tunnel fins and it works well in an 8'4" foam board.Imsoon totry it in a fish ??? :shock: .Without experimentalists like roy surfing would stagnate into corperate design lockdown other wise known as G.S.I. so bring it on roy use your hands to create your dreams at least you are being who you are and not what they want you to be.......... :|

caspian
regular

Post by caspian » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:21 pm

roy Stewart wrote:Cue a slight creaking noise as your mind tries to expand but fails..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah this guy's hilarious.

Over the last two months or so realsurf has shown me some real characters, both good and bad. I'm glad I found this place 8)