raps for tc

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

aaronn
barnacle

raps for tc

Post by aaronn » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:42 am

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: raps for tc

Post by Beanpole » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Cool :roll: :roll: Pity he left out the SUP rave.
The older I get the less appealing fame seems.
Fortunately I am without talent so its hypothetical anyway :lol: :lol:
As Tripitaka says"The euneck should not take pride in his celibacy."
I hope TC did enjoy it.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Beanpole wrote:Cool :roll: :roll: Pity he left out the SUP rave.
The older I get the less appealing fame seems.
Fortunately I am without talent so its hypothetical anyway :lol: :lol:
As Tripitaka says"The euneck should not take pride in his celibacy."
I hope TC did enjoy it.
Is that euneck or no-neck?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Probably works for both :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pity I can't spell eunuck :lol: :lol:
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Had a similar meeting with Tom, very easy to chat with and no big ego or attitude whatsoever...he happily gave me ( an absolute nobody to him ) a half hour or so to chat about design and surfboards in general...I have shaped him one of my Quadfathers and he is apparently surfing it sometimes but I'm hoping for some more feedback soon but he is a very busy fella and probably has about 30 boards atm....I think he gets less cred than he deserves as a surfer.... 8)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Ya reckon?
I think he had his moment of being the man and everyone who still likes power surfing as opposed to aerials and tail slides still appreciates his surfing. I guess everything is pre and post KS these days.

Then again they had a thing in the paper about Bob Dylan being arrested by a police officer who was too young to recognise the name so maybe it gets worse as you get older. A lot of old shapers must be thanking whoever they believe in that longboards came back in fashion to reserect their careers.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am

Beanpole wrote:Ya reckon?
I think he had his moment of being the man and everyone who still likes power surfing as opposed to aerials and tail slides Yep. Too true. These guys aren't surfers. They're gymnasts. Give me powere surfing anyday.still appreciates his surfing. I guess everything is pre and post KS these days.

Then again they had a thing in the paper about Bob Dylan being arrested by a police officer who was too young My kids all know and enjoy Bob Dylan and his music. This makes good reading but I think it's more a case of another stupid American who's too self centred to take notice of the world around herto recognise the name so maybe it gets worse as you get older. A lot of old shapers must be thanking whoever they believe in that longboards came back in fashion Back into fashion because shortboards had gone too far to suit the general populationto reserect their careers.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:12 am

^^yeah right.

Here's a grim truth about surfing in the years to come, as the Western world marches drearily down the time tunnel of an aging demographic -- we're all gonna be drowning in old people telling us how "these guys aren't real surfers" and how much better it was "in my day".

Fcuk me dead, I always thought a good bit of the appeal of surfing was that it made such fun of that sorta crap.

The older and lamer I get, the more I realise that enthusiasm is massively underrated -- and experience massively over-so. It's interesting to note that just such enthusiasm is what the crew seems to enjoy in TC.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 am

Nick Carroll wrote:^^yeah right.

Here's a grim truth about surfing in the years to come, as the Western world marches drearily down the time tunnel of an aging demographic -- we're all gonna be drowning in old people telling us how "these guys aren't real surfers" and how much better it was "in my day".

Fcuk me dead, I always thought a good bit of the appeal of surfing was that it made such fun of that sorta crap.

The older and lamer I get, the more I realise that enthusiasm is massively underrated -- and experience massively over-so. It's interesting to note that just such enthusiasm is what the crew seems to enjoy in TC.
Your demographic too, NC.
To be honest I didn't think you'd be the first fish I caught with that lot. But hey, if the hook fits........ :lol: :lol: :oops:
"Fcuk me dead, I always thought a good bit of the appeal of surfing was that it made such fun of that sorta crap." Hmm yes. Wanta read this line of yours and then re-read my post? :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 pm

I sense a Next Big Thing coming on: adapters on SUPS to slot the Zimmer frame legs into. :lol:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:30 pm

I never met tc but saw his brother getting a pie from the upper crust. Never forget my brush with fame.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Coops@DY wrote:I never met tc but saw his brother getting a pie from the upper crust. Never forget my brush with fame.
He needs a brush???
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 pm

TrevG wrote:

To be honest I didn't think you'd be the first fish I caught with that lot. But hey, if the hook fits........ :lol: :lol: :oops:
"Fcuk me dead, I always thought a good bit of the appeal of surfing was that it made such fun of that sorta crap." Hmm yes. Wanta read this line of yours and then re-read my post? :wink:
Yeah but then again... I think Bob Dylan SHOULD be arrested.

aaronn
barnacle

Post by aaronn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

plenty of 4 fin fans and alt-boarders @ that forum - another reason why they warm to fellow 4 finners like TC

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
TrevG wrote:

Yeah but then again... I think Bob Dylan SHOULD be arrested.
Yeah. Maybe the cop DID recognise him and was just getting even for "Ruben Carter"
Beanpole

Skipper

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Or perhaps for several entire albums.

Sveta
Grommet

Post by Sveta » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm

TrevG wrote:The older and lamer I get, the more I realise that enthusiasm is massively underrated -- and experience massively over-so. It's interesting to note that just such enthusiasm is what the crew seems to enjoy in TC.
I'm with that Trev. Anyone who pulls the "in my day" line is just trying to reclaim the enthusiasm of there youth. You are having to relive those memories of the past to get the same experience in the present.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Ah Nick. Are you so young you don't remember "Reuben Carter"
A great song about the police framing a black boxer for murder. Never proven of course but makes for a great 60's ballad.
I agree, Bob Dylan as a singer makes a great songwriter, but he did have a few classics in the early days.
Yeah Yeah! I know! More, "in MY day..."
Beanpole

Skipper