Cleaner Conditions Needed for Body Boarders ??

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Do bodyboarders surf less?

Hell Yeah!
55%
Nah their out there all the time, even when its 40kts onshore!
45%
What are you on about??
No votes

Total votes: 11

AndyTheMan
Grommet

Post by AndyTheMan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:13 pm

[quote="vs"] because the waves are weak, fat and full. [quote]

Just like your missus??

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 pm

I heard that when booger riders are born the doctors slap the mother and the bitch reckons she deserves it too :D

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 pm

In my opinion this is why alot of boogies also take up stand-up. In my opinion the surf is calling, but the boogie is useless so often it isnt funny. I know alot of guys that will take out the booger when ever there is some decent swell hitting a good boogie break over taking their stand up out to a beachie, yet can stand up better than majority of others in the water.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 pm

SA Surfer, you are obviously are trying to fit in to the cool surfer image. Despite spending your life playing in the dirt in the desert you live in.

Here he is in action at his local. Dunt Reef. :lol:

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:30 pm

^^ :lol: But you've got the name wrong, is actually Funt Reef :wink:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Hanging out at the Dunt "train-o" waiting for life to arrive..

:lol:

jimodea
Grommet

Post by jimodea » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

bodyboarders are gay

stoive
barnacle

Post by stoive » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:07 pm

jimodea wrote:bodyboarders are gay
you could at least try and be creative if you want to insult something :roll:

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:36 pm

^^ Dude, considering his IQ, thats a really good try. :P

Isnt it little fella? *scruffs the tards tennis ball sized brain case*

amsay00
Grommet

Post by amsay00 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 pm

i h8 this bodyboarding/stand up war ayy its getting old surfers hve there skills and bodyboarders hve there skills. fuuuuk everytime boogs n standups get into the same topic theres a war fkn get ova it n just respect eachothers skills

heefcoate
Local

Post by heefcoate » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:34 pm

goatboats are cool!

stormy

Post by stormy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:54 pm

going back to the original question , yes bodyboarders get less enjoyment out of onshore conditions than surfers , thats not such a bad thing though is it.... i bodyboard when its sucky , heavy , etc.... and when it turns onshore i break out the 6'6 and have a great time...
so i guess you could say a surfboard is more versatile in onshore conditions but id much rather be out when its sucky and heavy anyway. i also think the majority of surfers never get to see decent bodyboarding because they are not preparded to travel and surf those heavy psycho waves that bbers love....

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:25 pm

stormy wrote:i bodyboard when its sucky , heavy , etc.... and when it turns onshore i break out the 6'6 and have a great time...
stormy wrote:they are not preparded to travel and surf those heavy psycho waves that bbers love....
So why aren't you riding these waves on your 6'6"? .......

Because taking the drop standing up with a piece of hard fibreglass and sharp fins underneath you isn't as easy as lying down on a soft piece of foam. I bet you if you made the same drop on dredging wave standing up, you'd be more stoked than if you lidded the same wave...because it's harder.

It's pointless to argue, of course bb'ers often can take off in heavier conditions but you don't see them doing it on a standup either, for a very good reason. You also don't see bb'ers charging at a maxing Mavericks too... why? Because it's easier to outrun the murderous lip on a bigger board.

stormy

Post by stormy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 pm

you abviously think that because something is harder that it is better and/or more fun.... well if you can take your shortboard and surf heavy sucky waves.... dont!!!! take a 8'10 mal because thats harder again and from you say would be more gratifying!!!
mavericks isnt the type of psycho wave i was thinking of , its too choppy for bodyboards and far better suited for stand ups.
at the end of the day its about choosing the right surf vehicle for the right waves.
the best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:10 am

I'm with fish fingers on this one, if I could stand up surf the heavier suckier waves that bodyboarders surf then I would be out there as well, I know that the drop would be so rewarding, freefalling, stopping the nose from pearling, feeling the fins catch trying to launch with as much speed off your bottom turn, and through a throaty heavy barrel now that's what would be rewarding!

At least there are guys here who when the conditions aren't right for their equipment, switch craft :idea: I can't say that I ever think of body boarding instead of surfing though when it's clean :?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:27 am

amsay00 wrote:i h8 this bodyboarding/stand up war ayy its getting old surfers hve there skills and bodyboarders hve there skills. fuuuuk everytime boogs n standups get into the same topic theres a war fkn get ova it n just respect eachothers skills
Sometimes it is all just too easy really :lol:

Smnmntl where are you?

marty
barnacle

Post by marty » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 am

its generally better to get in the water for a paddle than not to......

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

stormy wrote:bodyboarders get less enjoyment .... i bodyboard ...its sucky .... have a great time... id much rather .....sucky anyway....... the majority of surfers never get to see decent bodyboarding ....
hmmmm ..... my take on your post .... I'd have to agree ..... hmmmm....