Tail Pads

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

BA
Duke Status

Tail Pads

Post by BA » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:50 pm

Any advice on how to remove a tail pad from the deck of your board. Is there something that will remove the glue ?

skooter

Post by skooter » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:01 pm

haven't taken one off for a long time; but if i remember the last time i used acetone, hope that helps

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:06 pm

aaaahhhhh, the ole tail pad removal eh! the joys of it!!! Do you want to stick another one on after you've got the old one orf mate? If so, ya gotta get that deck clean as a babies.......if not just rip it orf and use some fine glass paper to get rid on the shit that's left........easy to leave and just wax over...

if ya wanna put another on you'll have to be careful how ya go. Pull the fecker orf...gently does it, try and get it orf in one go if ya can......then some fine glass paper again......take it as close to the deck as ya can.......use some thinners (poss water it down a little) if ya ain't got a fancy colour or spary......again go steady......the thinners should do the trick.....then some washing up liquid with a cloth to finish, make sure all thinners are gone.....may as well clean ya whole stick while yar at it..........make sure nothin is left and it clean and glassy to the touch.........then on goes the new'un..........it can be a lenghty process.....enjoy! If ya got any thinners let, drink'em......if ya've fecked it the thinners'll take d'edge orf ya disaster :lol:
I've got two bad habits, smoking and masturbation.
I'm a twenty a day man and I smoke like a farkin chimney.

"Stay happy and you'll be perfectly fine"... Jack Norris

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:15 pm

Thanks guys. Bumbaclot I'm just taking it off and then waxing luckily. As for drinking thinners, umm, I think I'll give that a miss. :D

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:48 pm

Ive always used a stanley knife ta remove tailpads. But then again, most of the chicks around here have nice bums, so no need for da knife.
In actual fact, I find most o me tail pads fall orf in bits and pieces. Could be da corrosive water over here, or the fact dat i piss on me board too much.