55ft off Ireland

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

surfin39
charger

Post by surfin39 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:11 am

Hatchman wrote:
Ever surfed Vicco in the winter at the crack of dawn on a nice icy cold Southern Ocean swell?
yes :shock: ... I used to go to Mt Bulla in August and then down for a week of surf ... very , very painful stuff ... I used to put a shortjohn under a thick steamer that I borrowed off my mate from Vic, with booties and still was in shock the whole time in the water ....

Surfed NZ south island Oct last year ... that was extremely cold but a bloke from Kaikora set me up with a full coverage, head to toe and fingers ... he let me use his mid winter gear because as the water had warmed up to 12 he wasn't needing it :shock:

I reckon HB's right , add the dispicable and cold weather conditions to that size and it would make for some pretty terrifying stuff ....

philw
Local

Post by philw » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 am

no photoshop. it be real. check the video. it looks heavy and unpredictable, high gnarly factor indeed. hope these guys get their dues at big wave awards 'cos it looks a shitload nastier than some warm water 20 footers.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Looks 36' from the front and that's the way non ocean goers call it. Me, I say Farkin Huge and I leave it at that.