Kelly loses at Hawaii?? He had his eye on the wrong trophy!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

wotashot

Kelly loses at Hawaii?? He had his eye on the wrong trophy!

Post by wotashot » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Not hard to see why the old fella stays in the game!

Check out the link!

http://www.wotashot.com/details.php?gid ... d=&pid=585 :P

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:55 pm

A very thinly veiled attempt at getting some free advertising...
you dont even have the decency to introduce yourself to the forum via participating in the banter... just jump straight in and start whoring out your business, I wonder what the admin of the site would think of you using this site and forum/board simply for your own product promotion while other companies pay for advertising space? Dont get me wrong mate, I got nought against you, or your business for that matter, but dont be surprised if you get your posts removed and yourself banned. If I were you I'd be contacting admin to sort it out, ya might stand a chance.

A smarter thing to do would have been to individually contact those members regularly posting quality pictures, maybe even working your way into the forum community a little before blatantly offering up some self promotion, as it is you come across a bit like an indian call centre operator during dinner time.

I'm not the admin of this site, i dont pretend to represent him/them, but if i were him you'd have all your posts deleted and your IP banned, for using the bandwidth I'd be paying for, soley for the promotion of your own personal business pursuits.

All the best in the future.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:58 pm

wands this aint SFCU, no nazi mods here... take captain goodvibes for example.

wotashot

Post by wotashot » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:03 pm

Just updated my profile as we speak.

Thought it was a funny shot....nothing to it. Actually it is a funny shot! :wink:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 pm

Revolution wrote:wands this aint SFCU, no nazi mods here... take captain goodvibes for example.
meh... I know Jubal personally, he has done a lot off his own bat and out of his own pocket, if he wants to rule with an iron fist over there then I'd say its fair. Jaza and Scooper... I dont know, nor care. Jubal is a good bloke, you'd know it if you had ever met him, possibly you are dirty coz you may have been banned I suspect.

But as you can see above, some companies pay to advertise, so why should this fella be any different, this is forum for banter and discussion, this guy uses it straight up for promoting his own business, now the fella who pays the bills may have a problem with that, I'll leave that up to him, its his money. I was just making a point and even trying to help 'wotashot' sort it out before it became an issue.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 pm

was just saying this forum aint so harsh on those things, no one really mods that stuff.

scooper is just rediculous. Jaza can be rediculous at times. Jubal, his forum his rules, when i came back from being banned he was all good about it.seemed good bloke, and he seems to put alot into forums, his decisions i can live by

(usually thats because he isnt blocking, merging, deleting, locking, warning people like a certain mod on a constant power trip ;) )

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Revlon lotion theres another thread specifically asking people to monitor exactly this kind of thing. Nice pic though :D

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:17 pm

guys, yeah there is a loose rule on this stuff.
i like to think the regulars posters on realsurf can be trusted, and that theyre contributions are important enough that letting someone sell a second hand wetty, well i turn a blind eye to it if its someone such as bookster who has provided us with amazing photos and good conversation.as he recently put an ad up for a cheap wetty, he was also helping out other forum members with a good deal.
its a little different when a new member to the forums advertises on theyre first post.
in the end its up to don, but i like to be flexible.
blatant flogging product is a no no though. thats just my opinion

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 pm

nothing like waking up with 20 bucks and a soiled condom stuck in your ass after a Cristian surfers post contest BBQ

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Not a generalisation on all christian surfers just some bad vibes from long ago in Burliegh. Lets just say that no contest glory could be worth the hours of JC propaganda

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:41 pm

christ I hope HOTTA A ROT is a CS am I on the wrong tangent?

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 pm

This is Tracey Davey's (Tadwablue on ASL forums, and I think tracks) pic and she is not a christian surfer and she did not advertise this pic herself at all, this is just the company advertising and I don't think you guys should be making rude remarks such as those above

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:54 pm

Thank God you cleared that up, I thought I may have been jumping in over my head, no disrespect to the CS boys and girls, Born Again Burliegh is between me, the BBQ and the 20 Bucks not Tracey?

tadwablue

Post by tadwablue » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 am

i would be the said photographer of the above linked photo and i beleive that wotashot are trying to do the right thing by the photographers it is advertising for.

i joined the sight as i dont have the funds to create my own sight nor the time skill to either.

As far as CS goes I have meet crew from the goldie
and they are a good bunch. Having said that ive also meet the Tassie crew and hang with the melb guys.
Ive met JC and chilled and stayed with the guys on the north shore last year when I was there for a few months and could not say a bad word.
The work that JC does for CS is to his credit, regardless of your experience with CS i think you should keep in mind that we may be Christian but are still just as human as anyone on this forum.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with in Burleigh, its seems to be a common thing in that area these days CS related or not.

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 am

tadwablue wrote: Ive met JC and chilled and stayed with the guys on the north shore last year when I was there for a few months and could not say a bad word.

The work that JC does for CS is to his credit, regardless of your experience with CS i think you should keep in mind that we may be Christian but are still just as human as anyone on this forum.
:shock: Repent! The saviour has cometh.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:24 am

did i miss something :? how did religion come into this fucken anoying thread on a guy plugging his site/pic?

p.s. i met JC but i told that hippy to fuck off.

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:31 am

tadwablue wrote:i would be the said photographer of the above linked photo and i beleive that wotashot are trying to do the right thing by the photographers it is advertising for.
Tracey, welcome 8) and nice pic 8)

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Wotashot already have a medium (their website)
to promote/advertise. Its sort of wrong using other websites which are
targeted at similar markets to be used. :o
If YOU had posted the above photo Tracey, then there would be no issues
at all. :shock:

My 6c worth anyway. :P

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:32 am

I work with JC and he doesn't seem like a god to me, just one of the guys ;)

Oh and by the way he goes for the cats so he doesn't like anyone mentioning choking, 1996, 1963 or a certain 2005 semi-final when nick davis (ex-geelong :lol: ) kicked a goal to win the game with a few secs remaining :D
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .