Ozzie Wright

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Apehammer

Post by Apehammer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:05 pm

No doubt Curren has more style then Ozzie, but I'd rather listen to the Goons than Curren's tuneless electriv guitar jam on Glass Love. Unlistenable!

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 pm

I bet you like big, gaping, frothy gouges Simon you fruit.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:29 pm

Ghetto Gumby

Be sure to check out episode 1 as well.

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 pm

It used to be cool and functional when the likes of Pottz and Archie were punching them out. Now airs are becoming trivial with token moves for name droppers, all that skate lingo sorta shite, with your mute-alley-oop-revert to fakie. And now we're starting to hear all the Seppo freestyle motor cross dribble, heart attack-superman kinda crap. In my younger days I spent more time on airs than most (through the late eighties and nineties), and looking back, I also wasted more waves than most looking for the perfect launch sections. Ozzie gets it done even, if it's not that pretty to look at and at least he is an Aussie.
Archie though, he managed the balance between air and style, pity he ended up in jail, his kids supposed to rip too.

Clarky
regular

Post by Clarky » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:31 pm

yeh wtf ur all Fcuked dont diss ozzie he shits on all of you, then he eats more and shits on you again :D
and tom curren rips aswel hahaha open ur eyes cnuts :shock:

cs
regular

Post by cs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Watching Ozzie out in the surf is alot different to any of the vids I've seen him in.
He makes 1ft southy mush look awesome, and if anyone saw him about a month ago getting pitted on one very solid arvo at northy they wouldn't question the rest of his surfing.

He always seems to be the one having the most fun out there... bastard :evil:

Sausage
regular

Post by Sausage » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:04 pm

Apehammer wrote:No doubt Curren has more style then Ozzie, but I'd rather listen to the Goons than Curren's tuneless electriv guitar jam on Glass Love. Unlistenable!
LOL

That's so true.

Curren is the master of style and always will be. His surfing was so inspiring, best bottom turn in the business and the tube riding is of the shizzle, but his music sucks. I think they play it at nursing homes.

I reckon Parko is todays style master and he has the lethal repertoire that he can pull off in WCT heats, his speed cut backs when he lays back with his hand in the water are so dialled.

Ozzie has his place and you may not like his style but he is inspiring young surfers to push the boundary's, this will ensure our sport evolves. Keeps up with snowboarding, skating and other gravity driven extreme sports.

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:20 pm

robzig wrote:. Plus his girl is a hottie :D
was...
they broke up

ozzie has a realy unique style of surfing, on everyt section his turns will be unpredictable. He does some crazy stuff and got some balls, like the fist two sections in that vid

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Doped youth is the single greatest surfing video ever...

His band is pretty shit ... but it shitsall over the other pro surfers band.
pepper wrote:Just another pro surfer in another shitty band
I like his art.

Currens boring, id rather watch ozzie hack away, boost, and get pitted than currens textbook surfing.

spotty
Local

agreed

Post by spotty » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Apehammer wrote:No doubt Curren has more style then Ozzie, but I'd rather listen to the Goons than Curren's tuneless electriv guitar jam on Glass Love. Unlistenable!
I would rather not listen to either of them...or Donovan Frankenwhatever...Machado...Slater..Jack J etc.. :oops:
"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

spotty
Local

check this out...

Post by spotty » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:16 pm

"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Re: check this out...

Post by Revolution » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:44 pm

spotty wrote:check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0kT6Kw ... ed&search= = idiot :oops:
Someone needs to be introduced to the lovely world of drugs.

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 pm

Sausage wrote:
LOL

That's so true.

Curren is the master of style and always will be. His surfing was so inspiring, best bottom turn in the business and the tube riding is of the shizzle, but his music sucks. I think they play it at nursing homes.

I reckon Parko is todays style master and he has the lethal repertoire that he can pull off in WCT heats, his speed cut backs when he lays back with his hand in the water are so dialled.

Ozzie has his place and you may not like his style but he is inspiring young surfers to push the boundary's, this will ensure our sport evolves. Keeps up with snowboarding, skating and other gravity driven extreme sports.
True. Parko has probably got one of the cleanest styles out there. Especially in right hand point breaks.

However parko surfing in small surf isnt that inspiring

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 pm

You can rip and still look ugly.
Buts thats for the individual to decide yeh ? For me, I cringe watching him surf but acknowledge he surfs good.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Carpark King wrote:yeh was so slop today. I was on my 5"8 fish yesterday and managed to get a couple of fun ones..

What were you surfing on and where were ya surfing?
my 5'4.
at curly.
pretty fun

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:07 pm

longbum wrote:You can rip and still look ugly.
Buts thats for the individual to decide yeh ? For me, I cringe watching him surf but acknowledge he surfs good.
With you longbum. Do you remember guys like Richie Collins, Todd Holland OMG Ugly, but still got results and exposure. I worshiped Christian Fletcher as a grom yet the whole time acknowledged he was ugly, but there was still the odd carve and a layback snap that gave me the ammo to defend his unconventional style (to say the least). Ozzie is doing his thing and its obviously attracting market attention which is more than I can say when I was punting the local.

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:27 pm

smnmntl wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:Ghetto Gumby

Be sure to check out episode 1 as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Looka mah head, iss LOP-sided.... suck a d.ick"

Classic... there goes the rest of my afternoon
best thing ever ay.
its ollld tho hha

creased
Local

Post by creased » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 pm

You ruined the afternoon's work and many recipients hereafter.