Ozzie Wright

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

spotty
Local

Re: KOOK

Post by spotty » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:41 pm

Carpark King wrote:
spotty wrote:I think Ozzie surfs like a complete kook...he has the ugliest style around...his music and art are crap also. :D
How do you define style? He has a mad punk style and he fits so much on a wave. I love his style. Fast, smashes everything and utilises every part of the wave, if its a good air section he does an air, if its a long wall he will do some good hacks.

And i reckon he does some sick cutbacks...
How do i define style? Well...Tom Curren would be the antithesis of Ozzie...smooth...controlled Ozzie is a f--ken GUMP! Massive poo stance...wild out of control moves...
"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

Carpark King
regular

Post by Carpark King » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 pm

And some might say Tom Curren is boring as bat sh*t to watch and past his time.

Theres no right or wrong

I can assimilate a lot more with how Ozzie surfs, and the type of waves he surfs. And i think his style suits the east coast dam well!

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:53 pm

I always get a big kick out of watching Ozzie surf. Carpark King's right, afterwards you're all pumped up like "bring on the 2ft mush". You haters are narrow minded degenerates. Go fiddle with some kiddies haters. Go on. If you go now you might catch the lunch bell.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Was having a yarn to Ted Grambeau a month ago and he reckons that he loves shooting Ozzie.In fact he had just shot some stuff of him recently surfing out Octavia street NN.

I can feel the jealousy oozing through my monitor. Im sure there are a few people on here that would love to be paid to go surfing.Im sure there are people on here that would love to sleep in , wake up,walk down the road, have a latte and then have a surf....and get paid for it. Sure you can criticize anyone but at the end of the day whose laughing.

Real surfers/realsurf/reallynotwithit.

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:02 pm

smnmntl wrote: if ya can't land em, don't do em
What a f*cking stoopid thing to say!

If anyone else dared typed that I could imagine your response. 10 or so lines of harsh, and on the very rare occasion amusing, barbs ripping into the poor sod that dared type those naive words.

Well the tables have turned sucker. Your in my hands now!

And considering I've got no time, or skill, for clever and dextrous words I'll just come out and say what you usually just imply. And that is..

...your a f*cking idjit! (and a paedophile apparently)

If you cant do it, dont attempt it. What sort of advice is that, eh? How does humanity move forth except to dare, to dream, and in Ozzie's case, to FLY!!

Maybe thats why your still floundering in the Bronte shorebreak; never daring to attempt that first cutback for fear of not making it. So much easier to play it safe and go straight in the whitewash. Cant go wrong then hey Smn? Can ya? I said CAN YA?

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Carpark King wrote:I can assimilate a lot more with how Ozzie surfs
i think the word is associate ;)

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:09 pm

How does humanity move forth except to dare, to dream, and in Ozzie's case, to FLY!!
geez, getting a bit carried away aren't ya reefer ... :lol:

he's not THAT good

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:15 pm

2nd Reef wrote:So much easier to play it safe and go straight in the whitewash.
Ha griefer! You try negotiating backwash boyo :D yeah I know you think it looks so easy. :twisted:

lovenutz
regular

Post by lovenutz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Rather watch bruce, andy, slater, reynolds, parko surf......

However he is pretty fricken good at wheelies and stuff. Peaked in 7 days 7 slaves......he fricking ripped in that!

Takes a different appraoch in his surfing....which is cool keeps surfing fresh. does some sick massive airs

His art/fashion is not my cup of tea but fc uk it was/is so influential on the current fashion its crazy. Ozzie pretty much changed fashion in sydney its crazy.

By the way the goons of doom suck!

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Clif wrote:
How does humanity move forth except to dare, to dream, and in Ozzie's case, to FLY!!
geez, getting a bit carried away aren't ya reefer ... :lol:

he's not THAT good
Oh, I dont know Clif.

The glory of science, the profundity of art and the majesty of Ozzie's airs - these are things that the human race should be proud of.

As the Olympic motto says - faster, higher, sicker.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:27 pm

:roll: you do seem to be getting a little carried away there ...

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm

OK OK...I did just have a long black.

Look, the first post was more about the Gumby from Bronte. The opportunity rarely arises to put shit on him, so when it does I jump on it with much gusto.

surfingmaster

Post by surfingmaster » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:34 pm

My mother doesnt like OZZIE because she told me that he bit a bats head off once. She love animales and it upset her so much that she had to have tranquiliesers.

spotty
Local

i get it

Post by spotty » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Meataxe wrote:I always get a big kick out of watching Ozzie surf. Carpark King's right, afterwards you're all pumped up like "bring on the 2ft mush". You haters are narrow minded degenerates. Go fiddle with some kiddies haters. Go on. If you go now you might catch the lunch bell.
I dont hate the guy...i dont even know him...i just dont dig his surfing...or his art...or his "music" so it always surprises me to find that there are so many out there that do. I can also understand how some might think Curran's surfing is boring...they would usually be the ones who try to surf like Ozzie...right? :lol:
"Surfing is 90% mental, the other half is physical."

"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly alright"... Jack Norris.

surfingmaster

Post by surfingmaster » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm

I didnt know OZZIE surfed. I allways thought he was into rock n roll. Ive seen the OZZIE show on TV and he looks too out of it to shoot the curl.

Meataxe
barnacle

Re: i get it

Post by Meataxe » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm

spotty wrote:
Meataxe wrote:I always get a big kick out of watching Ozzie surf. Carpark King's right, afterwards you're all pumped up like "bring on the 2ft mush". You haters are narrow minded degenerates. Go fiddle with some kiddies haters. Go on. If you go now you might catch the lunch bell.
I dont hate the guy...i dont even know him...i just dont dig his surfing...or his art...or his "music" so it always surprises me to find that there are so many out there that do. I can also understand how some might think Curran's surfing is boring...they would usually be the ones who try to surf like Ozzie...right? :lol:

Oh yes I see "spotty". That's a cute rabbit you have there. A cute, harmless innocent looking little fella isn't he? I bet the kiddies come running over when you produce that from under your coat. I bet they want to stroke him, and maybe feed him a bit of the carrot you keep on hand. I bet it works a treat doesn't it? Yes, yes, it suits your purposes perfectly, that rabbit doesn't it - "spotty".

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:01 pm

you are one seriously f.ucked up unit MeatMan ^^

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Me?! Surely you mean Spotty?