Posers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:10 pm

KK is master and slave.

Ahhh, the crack of the whip! Ooooooo, the feel of the lash!

Let's face it, all philosophy leads to s&m.

Colonel Fiction
regular

Post by Colonel Fiction » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:22 pm

I JINK THEREFORE I AM.
- Johnny Gibbs

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:43 pm

for a few years my favourite surf publication was the book of big surf - i think tracks published it some time in the mid-eighties. the dozen or so contributors told stories about their early experiences of big surf and how they came to love big surf. i hope i'm not mixing this up with something i read somewhere else, but one story that stuck in my mind was mike newling's. newling said something like 'if you check the surf and it looks out of control and impossible to paddle out in but somewhere out there you see one rideable wave come through - one wave you can picture yourself taking off on and surfing across, then you have to get out there and give it a go.' nothing else a surfer said has ever stuck in my mind like those words of newling's, or at least the idea they express, since i don't remember them exactly. now i don't quite know what i want to say, but i think that if the worst poser could experience such a moment of awareness - awareness of the possibility of his relationship with a single wave and of his obligation towards that possible relationship - then he could leave posing behind, at least for a moment or two. hmmm i seem to have got into a mess, what the hell.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:09 pm

Lucky Al wrote:for a few years my favourite surf publication was the book of big surf - i think tracks published it some time in the mid-eighties. the dozen or so contributors told stories about their early experiences of big surf and how they came to love big surf. i hope i'm not mixing this up with something i read somewhere else, but one story that stuck in my mind was mike newling's. newling said something like 'if you check the surf and it looks out of control and impossible to paddle out in but somewhere out there you see one rideable wave come through - one wave you can picture yourself taking off on and surfing across, then you have to get out there and give it a go.' nothing else a surfer said has ever stuck in my mind like those words of newling's, or at least the idea they express, since i don't remember them exactly. now i don't quite know what i want to say, but i think that if the worst poser could experience such a moment of awareness - awareness of the possibility of his relationship with a single wave and of his obligation towards that possible relationship - then he could leave posing behind, at least for a moment or two. hmmm i seem to have got into a mess, what the hell.
Poser :?:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Nick and Cliff.
I was banished from the The Hellfire club in the city because of my excessive whipping cappers.Apparently my pet "cat o nine tails" was seen as a little to over the top.
It was a ruff time for old KK.I wondered the streets late at night looking for people to be whipped. I even put out an ad in the local newspaper.It read " local guy looking for slaves to whip ferociously with a cat o nine tails" No one responded :cry: .

Part of my report card. I have a love of thinking.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm

oldman wrote:
Beanpole wrote:Ah yes, posers :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bunch of cracked philosophers posing as surfers?
Is that bad???
Nah, I ment it as a compliment if anything. Easy to see the swell has dropped off.

KKK feels the need to show his credentials as a cracked philosopher. I think he does it in every post.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:42 pm

oldman wrote:

Is that bad???
Nah, I meant it as a compliment if anything. Easy to see the swell has dropped off.

KKK feels the need to show his credentials as a cracked philosopher. I think he does it in every post.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:42 pm

oldman wrote:

Is that bad???
Nah, I meant it as a compliment if anything. Easy to see the swell has dropped off.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm

Bit of ground hog day with the posting there.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:52 pm

KK looks like some adlays got ahold of your report card...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:03 pm

Only a B in existentialism, I am f**ken SHOCKED.

Perhaps I should not go near "culture" any more, but I will now attempt a definition of "poser":

A person who in communication with others adopts an appearance or attitude at deliberate odds with his or her experience, in order to gain a social advantage.

Top THAT Sir Clifton if ye dare, sirrah.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:03 pm

*repeatpost*
Last edited by Nick Carroll on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:04 pm

*and again the site's gone mad*

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:17 pm

poser NC

8) :D

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Beanpole wrote:Bit of ground hog day with the posting there.
I was wondering what was happening there beanpole.

I mean I is deaf boy, not dyslexic. No need to repeat yourself. Could you type a little louder.

PDK
Grommet

Post by PDK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Perhaps I should not go near "culture" any more, but I will now attempt a definition of "poser":

A person who in communication with others adopts an appearance or attitude at deliberate odds with his or her experience, in order to gain a social advantage.
Too verbose. You just need;

A person who behaves affectedly.

Colonel Fiction
regular

Post by Colonel Fiction » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:27 pm

PDK wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Perhaps I should not go near "culture" any more, but I will now attempt a definition of "poser":

Too verbose. You just need;

A person who behaves affectedly.
Still too verbose PDK.

My dick 'n' hairy says: "A person who poses"

PDK
Grommet

Post by PDK » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:43 pm

^^^^^^^^ ha ha ...... very clever Colonel ^^^^^^^^