Anyone like Dolphins? Obviously not the Japs.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

bringbackmacca
regular

Post by bringbackmacca » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:55 am

mate thats pretty disturbing. i had to cut it off half way. up at newy theres usually dolphins out every morning. why the fuk are the japs going after them? the whales are bad enough

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 pm

Had one stick its head out and chatter while looking at me and my mate the other week while the rest of the pod were launching airs all over the joint.. Undescribable and farking magic :)

NewyBen
Grommet

Post by NewyBen » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Got this emailed to me earlier this week, the unbeleivable irony was that it had previously been forwarded by some bloke who runs a deep sea game fishing charter boat - "Bloody Japs, what they're doing is disgusting, harming these poor innocent animals! oh hang on a sec I've got to go and gaff a marlin that some rich prick has been winding in for the past 2 hours".

It's bad, but no worse than what goes on in abatoirs, slaughterhouses and fishing trawlers all over this country. People should be petitioning against the poor treatment of all animals by all people, not just making it a racist rant against the evil 'Japs' while sitting there muching away on their snags and steaks.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:18 pm

F*CK SIGNING A PETITION, WE SHOULD BE GOIN TO FRICKEN WAR TO DEFEND OUR FINNED COMRADES....

on another note; if you need to vent at some jappos, there should be 1000 plus at Aussie Stadium next wednesday for the Asian Champions league match: Sydney FC versus Urawa Reds, 21st March Aussie stadium, from $18 adults and $7 for children, kick off 8pm
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... ASIANSFS07
[end hijack]

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:19 pm

SAsurfa wrote:Had one stick its head out and chatter while looking at me and my mate the other week while the rest of the pod were launching airs all over the joint.. Undescribable and farking magic :)
Mate. That is once and a life time stuff. Very lucky. :)

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm

NewyBen wrote:Got this emailed to me earlier this week, the unbeleivable irony was that it had previously been forwarded by some bloke who runs a deep sea game fishing charter boat - "Bloody Japs, what they're doing is disgusting, harming these poor innocent animals! oh hang on a sec I've got to go and gaff a marlin that some rich prick has been winding in for the past 2 hours".

It's bad, but no worse than what goes on in abatoirs, slaughterhouses and fishing trawlers all over this country. People should be petitioning against the poor treatment of all animals by all people, not just making it a racist rant against the evil 'Japs' while sitting there muching away on their snags and steaks.
I dont reckon that animals in australias industry would be executed and left to suffer in the fashion depicted in that picture.

reggie

Post by reggie » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:25 pm

see the dolphin still alive, tied to the back of the truck, being pulled up the hill?

absoulte fucking disgrace.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm

As an avid meat eater (the animal kind), I have no problem with people killing animals for food. As long as it is humane.

I know abbatoir's are not the most pleasant places, but what the Japs are doing is fcuking barbaric. I believe they do the same thing in some icelandic countries. Round them up the same way.

The warehouse scene in that vid almost made me puke. It is very sad indeed. There must be a better way of doing these things.

CaT_SPeW
charger

Post by CaT_SPeW » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:37 pm

yeah disgusting, i saw this video about 2 years ago, its nothing new though and its not just the japs either

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:53 pm

Coops@DY wrote:
SAsurfa wrote:Had one stick its head out and chatter while looking at me and my mate the other week while the rest of the pod were launching airs all over the joint.. Undescribable and farking magic :)
Mate. That is once and a life time stuff. Very lucky. :)
Yeah I won't be forgetting it anytime soon, I think we are so lucky as surfers and little things like this brings life into perspective and makes you appreciate how beautiful the world around us is!

Ahh im sounding like a tree hugger :P :arrow: 8)

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:56 pm

CaT_SPeW wrote:yeah disgusting, i saw this video about 2 years ago, its nothing new though and its not just the japs either
It is pretty disturbing but you're right it's nothing new.

I'll never forget some of the abbattoirs I saw O/S in 3rd world countries. That sh.it will give you nightmares.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:17 pm

If its the one i saw on Foriegn Correspondant a couple o years ago, i cannot watch it. Still remember the images in my head and trying to forget them, like the guy at the night club who accidently forgot to zip up and his slong was hanging out. Bad medicine. :cry:

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:15 pm

If it's as bad as you all say it is i can't watch it and i won't.

I still have nightmares from whaling :arrow: true fact :cry:

Plus the images in Nat Geo on elephant poaching (it was a photo with the elephants head cut off and left for dead) is enough tragedy for my week.

It's sad to think some of you have said "yeah it's bad but it's nothing new" or words to that effect. We are slowly becoming conditioned to the fact that animals being massacred is just another one to add to the tally of human desctruction.

end of my hippie rant :oops: :cry:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:28 pm

All animals eat &/or are eaten, fact. We forget living in suburbia that we also are part of the food chain. Funny how only small numbers of people jump to the defence of sharks and snakes, but lots make a noise when the warm fuzzy type feeling animals that are in the spot light.
Didn't watch the video am no Godammned hippy, but reckon it's wrong (this includes Tiger Penis too)

Chamberess
Owl status

Post by Chamberess » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:42 pm

It's not a case of eat or be eaten.

It's a case of genuine need v greed.Do we really need to eat whales for meat when they are an endangered species? Do we really need to eat shark fin soup?

I am not talking about indigenous populations here.I am talking about exploitation of animals to boost the profits of companies even when it leans towards illegal practices.And further to this, killing animals in the worst possible way -e.g chopping their head off for a set of tusks that will get the poacher a couple bags of millet and some salt and leaving the body to bleed to death.Hell noone gives a damn whether it is ethical or not anymore.

God damn i havn't had anyone argue with me on realsurf in a long time, so hopefully that will start something.

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:42 pm

meat is yuck

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm practically 100% vegetarian.

The only meat I mostly eat these days in Kangaroo. Better for you than beef, high in protein and iron, low in fat and being a native species and not endangered it makes sense to eat it in Australia as they don't damage the environment nor require all the drugs, steroids and hormones that cows, sheep, chickens etc... need.