HSC

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:31 pm

andycumo wrote:yeh maths tomoro nice

dammit are you in year 11? i kno heaps of people there in year 11
well just finished yr11? now yr 12? yer thats me...

who you know? lukey, nuggent, sammy nd shit? or more of the chicks. (hence how i saw ur myspace...)

prowler

Post by prowler » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm

rabbity7 wrote:Thats maths over and done with. Did anyone finish. Question 10 was pretty damn hard. I only got up to it before time ran out.
yeah, i totally slaughtered that one, but i do three unit so it makes two unit really easy

halfy
Local
Location: Don't you think you've had a little too much to drink

Post by halfy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 pm

pretty average run of the mill exam. obviously last 2 questions sucked balls. couldnt really do much about those, but i think i'm looking at about 60-70 range, hopefully i didnt make stupid retard mistakes

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:12 pm

yeh ill be hoping for around 65-70, didnt bother looking at that graph.

i was so stoked when i completed some other hard sections though

anyone do pe 2day?

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:13 pm

Does anyone here do extension modern?

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Longygrom wrote:
One Mile Point wrote:
Longygrom wrote:
hog wrote:
howsitgoin wrote:hog is gay
howsitgoin wrote:nor did i rip into anyone buddy
yeah F*ck off!

take some of your own advice hogard.

hahaha west lol this is a surfing forum. Do you guys...dammit and omp actually go to the beach on a regular basis?

just curious....i mean its alot of talking you guys do on this 'surf forum' but not alot of it is to do with actual surf related topics.
Ive said it countless times before, i go to the beach twice a month, not regular but still makes me a surfer. I dont think i read anywhere on this site that states "those who dont surf 5 times a week cannot join this forum"? I do get invovled in many surf related topics, but alot of them turn into fights because of simple minded retards like you.

So simple minded on this 'surfing forum' is now defined as living near the beach and surfing everyday?

hmm bit ironic now where discussing this ON as surf forum.

OH and OMP....the sites name actually says it all.....REAL- SURF! for real surfers does it not?

back on hsc- man PD will be heavy for all of those doing it at 2. I did in yr11 and was not healthy for my organisational skills regarding handouts and booklets.
i dont think i said that living near a beach makes you simple minded. Thank you.

Gebrad

Post by Gebrad » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:04 pm

yeh i did pd today. didnt think i did too well. now i am fucked for maths tomorrow thanks to all the pd study.

kookmachine
Local

Post by kookmachine » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:10 pm

One Mile Point wrote:Does anyone here do extension modern?
there is no such thing

you can do extension history as a 1 unit course, but its not directly related to either the ancient or modern courses... you look at history as it is presented throughout history, historiography, the impact of bias and manipulation and the impact of historification over time

i dropped it after a term or two, didnt really enjoy it

halfy
Local

Post by halfy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:14 pm

yeah, kookmachine, i was told by mates its like doing a 2-unit subject crammed into one unit. with all the reading and the assessments, which i've heard are pretty whack, the load gets pretty extreme.

nothing like extension english were you could potentially learn everything in the first lesson and never return until the exam and do pretty well...hahha yeah buddy. good old Crime Fiction and its easily distorted texts.

howsitgoin
regular

Post by howsitgoin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:31 pm

dammit__01 wrote:shit i must know alot of people you do...
i dont know anyone from davo...or forest.

i only associate with people that go to school east of wakehurst parkway. :D

just kidding. :D

but yes, i would know quite a few of people you do..

hog

Post by hog » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Longygrom wrote: back on hsc- man PD will be heavy for all of those doing it at 2. I did in yr11 and was not healthy for my organisational skills regarding handouts and booklets.
Yeah matt it was heavy......basically 8 hours per day for 3 days i studied for that test! :shock:......and i'll be lucky to get over 70%, anyway hopefully ill get scaled up for coming first in my year

howsitgoin
regular

Post by howsitgoin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:46 pm

hog wrote:anyway hopefully ill get scaled up for coming first in my year
out of interest hog ...how many people do PDHPE at (we wont say what school)

kookmachine
Local

Post by kookmachine » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm

halfy wrote:nothing like extension english were you could potentially learn everything in the first lesson and never return until the exam and do pretty well...hahha yeah buddy. good old Crime Fiction and its easily distorted texts.
yeah mate, extension english is great... ive got revenge tragedy though, but the same applies - easy to learn, easy to write about, and an easy exam... im just a little worried about the stimulus for the creative - ive got a feeling theyre going to pull something like paper 1, something unexpected

what are your texts?

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:14 pm

kookmachine wrote:
One Mile Point wrote:Does anyone here do extension modern?
there is no such thing

you can do extension history as a 1 unit course, but its not directly related to either the ancient or modern courses... you look at history as it is presented throughout history, historiography, the impact of bias and manipulation and the impact of historification over time

i dropped it after a term or two, didnt really enjoy it

I meant extension history, but because i do modern i get used to saying it.
i got offered it, but i knew it would be too much work, i enjoy modern.

rabbity7
regular

Post by rabbity7 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:53 am

I do 3 unit maths and have decided just to throw it away. I can't be bothered putting in the hours today. Haven't done any yet. Is anyone else in the same boat. Theres a fair bit to learn just for one unit. Screw it.

halfy
Local

Post by halfy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:33 am

Crime Fiction's texts are:

- the Skull Beneath the Skin (book)
- the Big Sleep (film)
- the Real Inspector Hound (play)

(bold is what i'm using)
thats it really. also we got given this giant handout with choices for supplementary texts. i've done:

- Twisted, J. Kellerman (novel)
and these 2 paintings becuase there just differant ways of loooking at CF, plus its a comlpetly different medium to the others (covering the base if they ask a question on CF in dif. mediums) :wink:

yeahh, i dunno whats the deal with this imaginative thing. it can be like an anylitical response i'm told, but in the version of a creative writing piece. pretty F'd in the A for that.

what are u doin in RT? (kill bill :P )

Beaver
regular

Post by Beaver » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:18 am

Yeah I had to Individual and society.

Its annoying cause the past year, just for yr12, we had to do lessons outside school hours, and most of them were an absolute waste of time. I just felt sorry for the teacher. Ive only done one essay the entire year for the subject and used it in every exam and am doing alright.

The module is shit boring though, I wish i was doing another one. Firstly the 19th century has dead set got to be the most boring, superficial era. The module is just a feminist load of bullshit geared towards chicks obsessed with fcuking pride and prejudice and Mr Darcy. It shits me so much, and the crap i write about annoys me even more. Arggh....

The prescribed texts I chose are Pride and Prejudice and A Dolls House, and supps are a painting and an essay.

halfy
Local

Post by halfy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:12 am

yeah 2 true about the essay. we did a speech for our first assessment in extension and i've used that in every exam and assessment afterwards. although i didnt relise we had an hour so i've kinda made extensions on it(excuse the pun).

beavs, same deal here with the afterclass lessons. they couldnt fit a few of us in the timetable so we had to do monday arvo's for like 2 lessons. went to about 3 all year and i pulled a 42 for trials. :lol: 8) fair stoked