Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, Mr Puffy Pants, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 pm

TBH, I admire beans for his persistence in surfing along the eastern beaches.
I reckon if I only got one or two (or even three) "okay" waves in a session, I'd probably look at mountain biking. 😡
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told

Wyre
Annox
It’s a mix of Angourie and Lennox, two waves where you need a saucy little 4/3 springy the most

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:48 pm

Best shortboard sesh I’ve had in yonks.
5pm till dark. Just the 2 of us.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Trev wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 pm
I reckon if I only got one or two (or even three) "okay" waves in a session, I'd probably look at mountain biking. 😡
I just made a decision to try and surf most days. Actually was about to can it when I drove to the Bra and I remembered a quote I saw recently that said if there’s a chance to go surfing take it because you don’t know when you will be able to again. Probably be out of the water after Tuesday when I get this skin cut out.
Since I’ve upped things by including a bike ride every second day my aerobic capacity has improved so just a paddling session is good.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:21 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:13 pm
Trev wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:36 pm
I just made a decision to try and surf most days. Actually was about to can it when I drove to the Bra and I remembered a quote I saw recently that said if there’s a chance to go surfing take it because you don’t know when you will be able to again. Probably be out of the water after Tuesday when I get this skin cut out.
Since I’ve upped things by including a bike ride every second day my aerobic capacity has improved so just a paddling session is good.
I walk a lot.
Haven't ridden my bike for ages.
Probably should get back into it a welli try to do something reasonably strenuous Anny day I don't surf.
Been swinging a mattock around clearing some large root balls in the garden lately.
That takes some serious upper body work.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told

Wyre
Annox
It’s a mix of Angourie and Lennox, two waves where you need a saucy little 4/3 springy the most

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:26 pm

There’s a pretty good exertrail in Queens Park I hit on my bike ride if it’s not busy. I’m lucky I don’t have to ride on the road much. Just dodging road warriors on racing bikes in Centennial Park.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:30 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:26 pm
There’s a pretty good exertrail in Queens Park I hit on my bike ride if it’s not busy. I’m lucky I don’t have to ride on the road much. Just dodging road warriors on racing bikes in Centennial Park.
I don't really have any excuse up here. All flat and all paths are designated for pedestrians and cyclists. Plus a neat crushed granite track along a secluded waterway at the back of the suburb.
Beanpole

Skipper

Wyre
Annox

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:32 pm

I went off it after my first sign of a bladder tumour. That happened directly after flogging it up a steep hill around here. There are plenty of those. I take it easy now.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Jorgo
Local

Post by Jorgo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Well I didnt surf there today..but i spent the last week down at Bendo /Green Is. The wind was crazy off the charts for the first 3 days. But had better weather for Wed and Thursday and surf at GI on Wednesday (6 foot) and Thursday 3-4. What was even better was on the Thurday night after a short drive back to WGong with my brother we caught The Psychedelic Furs at Anitas at Thirroul. Great intimate venue and a great gig. Wyre were you there i wondered...Double barrel so to speak:)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:38 pm

Well that definitely tops me Jorgo. Long time no post, Bro.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm

First warm day down here. 28 degrees with northerlies. Real summery feel. Worked this morning so had an arvo session. Thought crowds would be off the charts but strangely bugger all. Got a peak pretty much all to myself. Chest high and quite consistent. Still cold in the water so steamers are the go. Some blokes still wearing booties. One lunatic was just wearing boardies. I nicknamed him Iggy.

Rode the Volume 2. Feeling much better on a bigger board. Paddles really well, gets into waves easy, and loves to get on a rail. Quite an effortless board to ride.