Where I have been

Discuss shaping and repairing techniques here.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

diggerdickson
barnacle

Where I have been

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 pm

I finally make the move to Tasmania and have now settled in after two years. Surfing for me has stopped, therefore the desire to shape has stopped as well. I made a shaping bay but found it just created a hole that I could not deal with. So I will not buy a blank again, nor will I surf due to my injuries, which is a curse that I will never get over.

I have found something that is creative and has moved my attention away from what I am missing every time I know its offshore ( Its not alcohol).

Pics are below.

Hope all are well and enjoy every surf guys, as one day it will stop, may it never though.
Attachments
IMG_6309.JPG
Old hard wood floor boards from around early 1900's, 10 000 volts of electricity, a bit of glue, a bit of tinted epoxy. Fun times
IMG_6309.JPG (39.34 KiB) Viewed 37103 times
IMG_6337.JPG
Im playing around making serving boards with the cracks and holes filled in with epoxy tints.
IMG_6337.JPG (31.54 KiB) Viewed 37103 times
IMG_6378.JPG
Just could not resist cutting in rail bands into this bread board.
IMG_6378.JPG (29.22 KiB) Viewed 37103 times
IMG_6351.JPG
Slice of a very old huon pine tree.
IMG_6351.JPG (30.08 KiB) Viewed 37103 times
IMG_1518.JPG
King Billy Serving Board.
IMG_1518.JPG (32.36 KiB) Viewed 37103 times
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Re: Where I have been

Post by foamy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:08 pm

It’s great to hear from you, Digger.
So, your back is not great?
How are the kids going?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Im planning on making river tables, lazy susan's, coffee tables, and so on. I made a hot box with a old fridge. a iv strip light, thermostat. Its bloody brillant. would be a awesome hot box for boards if you could find a fridge at the tip thats big enough.

Anyways, I probably wont be back to the site due to not want the memories of surfing as its been three years since i have been in the water and I don't like the reminders of what I really want to do.

I do have a website now as in two or so years I plan to turn this into a full blown business. The address is queenrivertables.com.au or you can find me on fb. Hey trev, are you enjoying the Noosa festival mate. I reckon south coolum point would have been going off in the latest swells, use to love that point in stormy surf.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Yeah mate.
The festival was good.
Just had the QLD State Titles for everything from boogers to SUPs, shortboards and Longboards.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Trev wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 pm
Yeah mate.
The festival was good.
Just had the QLD State Titles for everything from boogers to SUPs, shortboards and Longboards.
Did you go in it trev. I would have just to have scored first point even if I did not progress, which I would not have, though imagine first point in a decent swell and just you and those in your heat, would be great.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:38 pm

foamy wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:08 pm
How are the kids going?
Back is forever fu%^&d foamy. I take it easy, lift nothing, and when ever I get a twinge I go into a like mini breakdown and stay in bed for a few days. Its the fear of breaking down again as I could not get through a fourth op, not again. So its easy easy, do everything right and dont lift anything even slightly heavy.

I don't truly mind if I think about it and I would not change a thing. I mean who gets to do what Ive done as a kid and as a old man, not many people. Im paying for it mind you, but no use sliding into the grave with no broken bones, no sea urchins piercing your ears and blood left on nearly every reef you have surfed at times. I mean that would have been a boring life and you only get one. So slide into it sideways with your clutch dropped and your knuckles white I say.

My kids are great foamy, really improving living under a safe house with no fear that we will have to move. My oldest boy (14) has just been re diagnosed and they have lifted his rating up to level 2 for autism. Ive battled with NDIS since I got to tassie and ive just about won. So all i need to do is organize a physc to help Noah for a few years and he will be right. His a good kid, he just cant read emotions, body language, has no empathy so he relies on his sense of justice for his moral compass. With a bit of help he will be able to function, even if its life long, it dont matter.

My older girl is now 18, while my youngest is 5. All doing well foamy.

Its good to hear your still surfing mate. Thats bloody great news.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:24 am

diggerdickson wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:25 pm
Trev wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:38 pm
Yeah mate.
The festival was good.
[/quote

Did you go in it trev. I would have just to have scored first point even if I did not progress, which I would not have, though imagine first point in a decent swell and just you and those in your heat, would be great.
First point is full of sand and the small swell meant they ran everything at Access 11. I didn't compete just surfed Nationals, Johnnos and Ti Tree for a week.
Competed in the O70s at the state titles. The Bluff with just 3 or 4 out and overhead was worth it. Got beat though.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:39 pm

diggerdickson wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:38 pm
foamy wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:08 pm
How are the kids going?

I don't truly mind if I think about it and I would not change a thing. I mean who gets to do what Ive done as a kid and as a old man, not many people. Im paying for it mind you, but no use sliding into the grave with no broken bones, no sea urchins piercing your ears and blood left on nearly every reef you have surfed at times. I mean that would have been a boring life and you only get one. So slide into it sideways with your clutch dropped and your knuckles white I say.

there's a song in here, Digger. Sliding into graves with no broken bones, beautiful. Glad to hear you are on the up, Tasmania ain't a bad place to be for the next crazy era. Good luck with your work, it looks great
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm

I heard Braithy might be looking for some digs down that way Digger if you wanna make a buck renting a spare room out.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:36 pm

Too late, pretty sure el Rancho beat him to it.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:21 am

What’s El Rancho been up to?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?