Trestles....early calls only fencesitters fcuck off.

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Trestles....early calls only fencesitters fcuck off.

Post by steve shearer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Go for it Don.....
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Trestles....early calls only fencesitters fcuck off.

Post by Donweather » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks Steve, but to tell you the truth, this particular annual event never get's me excited. Something about a surfing contest in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that just doesn't interest me in the slightest, so i've never even looked at the swell forecasts or swell windows for that matter. I couldn't even tell ya where Trestles is (yes I know in the USA but where I couldn't give a flying feck).

So I say let's open it up to the fencesitters to see what hidden talents are out there?

Someone can then wake me up when they announce the winner of this event....and then we can move onto the Euro beaches and babes!!!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm

But speaking of forecasts, feck me has anyone seen the bombs modelled to brew up in the Indian Ocean in about a week's time!!! (GFS here).

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Not far from San Diego Don: http://www.surfingatlas.com/spot/1821 Lowers is the spot but needs a decent SW swell vector for the long right handers to crank. Looks pretty south to me for the forseable, nice period but tiny. This time of year all the decent North Pacific systems are slamming into Washington / Oregon / Canada. Dont get that far south until Nov. By September 13? Theres a nice system tracking east by the end of next week Which should put some western energy into it.

Actually just checking that on WW III and it is looking pretty good by 15-16th. 4 foot?

So if Parko wins this its good game Mens Title?
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

eMpowered
Local

Post by eMpowered » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Kelly, Joel or Mick.

robzig
Local

Post by robzig » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am

:|
Last edited by robzig on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 am

Adriano de Souza.

Lives part time just up the road at Timmy Patterson's house in San Clemente.

Heartily committed to winning an event this year, wants Americans to like him, excellent in surf of Lowers-type size shape and energy level.

How's that for non fence sitting ya cnuts.

PS Lowers is complete shit in any angle further west than 215 degrees. It likes 195 best. September is often an excellent month since the devil south winds of early to mid summer have cleared off and there's still plenty of southern hemi activity with the occasional (ha!) "hurricane" thrown in.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:36 am

Ummm......sorry if you guys come off a little slow but I mean calls for the surf...not the frickin surf contest.
That would've been posted in general surf discussion.........for fcuks sake..

Not so sure on the Hurricane sich but my intuition is that the current storm crashing into Baja will remove a lot of the latent heat in the ocean and thus reduce the chances for a quick follow-up.
Also the most favourable swell window SE of NZ , the one that fired so spectacularly for them during the early part of the austral winter...now seems to have gone dormant, blocked by semi-stationary high pressure.

So going on Carroll's knowledge of the favourable swell window (and thus ruling out those early season northern hemi systems) I'd say we're looking at inconsistent and small surf from the south south west ....with the focus of a not particularly active storm track a little too far east and south to be in the prime part of the swell window.

So another conny with marginal, small pulsey, long range surf.

As to the winner ......I'd say Slater would be favoured with an early exit for Parko causing the american surf media to get a little semi-hard-on before a crushing return to form in Europe with the title sewn up in Portugal.

Sveta
Grommet

Post by Sveta » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:38 pm

0-7 foot from some direction with potentially 0-35 knot winds possibly from a certain direction - I reckon. Might actually be alright, but we'll see.
Ahh this fence paling is becoming uncomfortable. (Shall I leave that open for comment) 8)

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Sveta wrote:0-7 foot from some direction with potentially 0-35 knot winds possibly from a certain direction - I reckon. Might actually be alright, but we'll see.
Ahh this fence paling is becoming uncomfortable. (Shall I leave that open for comment) 8)
Dollink, zis is ze pits (pers comm Z.Z. Gabor) :lol:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am

I would say, in boxing terms, that would be a ten punch combination with every punch a scoring blow.
Not the kind of heavy , hammer blows of a Thomas Hitman Hearns or other street-type fighter but more the kind of superior hand speed and technique of an Azumah Nelson v Jeff Fenech in their comeback where Azumah just toyed with him while punching ten kinds of porthole in him.
Or Mundine v Green where again, a slow lumbering man of ponderous intellect and punching style came up against a vastly superior fighter and came off looking very second rate.

So recognising that I'm already looking as those two aforementioned pugulists do I step out of the ring and from a safe distance throw out my very best and bravest cheap shot : Fcuk off back to the skislopes in your little fluoro shell suit.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Donweather wrote:But speaking of forecasts, feck me has anyone seen the bombs modelled to brew up in the Indian Ocean in about a week's time!!! (GFS here).
Anyone heading to indo next weekend may wish to throw in the biggest gun they've got.....holy feck she's gonna be solid!!!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 am

So Trestles is gonna SUCK. 3' max sw swell, very iffy and occasional. Unless some hurricane raises its head.

Everything's down this part of the world.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Now that Trestles is over we can concentrate on the better parts of the ASP tour....the Euro leg. Looks like the Quiky Pro France will kick off on Wed and probably continue into the weekend with some fun clean waves, before being put on hold.......probably for some time as there doesn't appear to be a real lot on the horizon behind this initial system?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Reckon they'll get anything to ride Mundaka with now? Or will the comp come down to some crappy beachie?

Looks like they might have some refracted NW swell early-mid next week, but nothing huge......hence me thinks it's back to the crappy beachies.

EDT - Hmmmmm, just checked the latest EC model and it's looking a little more promising for some better quality NW swell mid-late next week.