Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11635
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Oh, I'm working, Trev...between RS posts and getting fired up by that gunt, Amanda Vanstone. https://www.smh.com.au/environment/clim ... 52v38.html

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 15722
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:31 pm

ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am
Depends which wave of mine you saw.
Saw you get a couple, the beard spun me out. From a distance I was like how old is that cnut!
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11635
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Drailed wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:31 pm
ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am
Depends which wave of mine you saw.
Saw you get a couple, the beard spun me out. From a distance I was like how old is that cnut!
How did that hat look? Be honest, I was trying it out.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23126
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:48 pm

fcuk eh it was a solid 3-4' up here this morning, super fun

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 15722
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:33 pm

ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:32 pm
Drailed wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:31 pm
ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am
Depends which wave of mine you saw.
Saw you get a couple, the beard spun me out. From a distance I was like how old is that cnut!
How did that hat look? Be honest, I was trying it out.
Looks better then skin cancer...

I was a but further up toward the middle.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11635
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Why the Bra? Bondage would've been bigger, wouldn't it?

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 15722
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Yeah but not necessarily better. I surfed a bank in the middle there last three days which was really good but wasn’t really doing it today. Swell went more south today.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8803
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by tootr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Drailed wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:31 pm
ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:52 am
Depends which wave of mine you saw.
Saw you get a couple, the beard spun me out. From a distance I was like how old is that cnut!

Did his board go A-HOOOGA as he was taking off?
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
No Pants Lance
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8843
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 am
Location: where wake collide

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by No Pants Lance » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm

ajohnsen wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Why the Bra? Bondage would've been bigger, wouldn't it?
i saw both throughout the day. while working.
bondi seemed best on the higher tide later this arvo, 'bra on the lower just before midday
'bra was bigger in the nth corner then.

when i came home from the steam room, mid bondi looked pretty fcuken good, but hey, i needed to take it easy and unwind from a tuff day funding Trev's retirement.

tomoz i have the day off and i'll get out there earlyish which despite a forecast size drop, should still be ok i suspect.

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22451
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Thanks Skip.
Knew I could count on you. 👍🍺
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
black duck
Owl status
Posts: 4741
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by black duck » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:03 pm

No Pants Lance wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm
tomoz i have the day off and i'll get out there earlyish which despite a forecast size drop, should still be ok i suspect.
Gentlemen’s hours I presume, after the early morning piranhas have left for work?
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14861
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 am

3 foot plus Wanda beach. Glorious south swell lines fanned by a gentle offshore westerly, peeling off down the line. Some flawless waves in the mix. Again surfed the old 6”11 pintail single fin. Fully addicted to the feel of it at the moment. Effortless glide, simple climb/drop lines and cutbacks.
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:56 am

Argh! It's going straight past the Coal Coast. Anyone would think I'm in Scott's Head the way it's avoiding the area
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14861
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:01 am

Farm bro. The Farm. Or Garie or PK
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 am

I'm working, actually really working!
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
ajohnsen
Duke Status
Posts: 11635
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am
Location: Marrickville

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am

Wyre hates The Farm. Calls it a Dad's Wave.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14861
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:35 am

It’s a dads wave when it’s small. Today it’d be a great mal or mid length wave.

At double overhead plus it can be pretty fun out there, and gets a solid bowl on it. At that size, often you’ll have it to yourself or with maybe a couple others. Because it’s usually to dad-wave go to.

And, it’s one of the only beach breaks around that can truly handle south groundswells, and the paddle out is cake.
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
Wyre
barnacle
Posts: 2390
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Wyre » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:08 pm

ajohnsen wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am
Wyre hates The Farm. Calls it a Dad's Wave.
😀 I don't hate the Farm, but you wanted to go there on Father's Day (yep Hatchy's, small south swell) All the cashed up tradie and boomer dads with their brand new HPS's, packed into the southern corner dropping in on each other in a nightmarish scenario of horror surfing. No thanks
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests