Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Good question. Since you asked:
There's two fish and one gunny shape that are in the maybe category. My fishcuit I rode pretty exclusively for a year and a half. Had some great waves on it but it was ultimately frustrating wave count wise. Gun will probably get sold unless I move somewhere where I'd use it. The other Tolhurst Fish is a project. I repaired it about a year ago and hoped it would be what the fishcuit wasn't. However I haven't really had a great session on it and it's got a few hang ups that if I get the time and place I might work out. So I haven't given up on it.

Carver is always there to up the wave count and perform well in most sized surf. Carver Fish I would probably surf most of the time if I lived somewhere else. Mal is for long point waves. Foamy is for.....in the flags.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 14898
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Hatchnam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:45 pm

buddy wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 am
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 am
Nick Carroll wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am
I've got about eight surfboards.
WTF can't you count them? Nobody has "about eight" of anything
Well I ncluded my old 60s Pig Board which is completely fcuked but still sits at the back of the pile. I would say rack but there isn't one. Also an old Local Knowledge that I haven't ridden in years. So I'm balancing actually having the boards with actually intending to ride them.
Boards I actually ride would sit around four to five.
So is it four or five?
I bet you’re sorry you asked.
godsavethequeen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 pm
My beef has always and only been with the realistic range available to the average Sydney working stiff
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8531
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Cranked » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:46 pm
Good question. Since you asked:
There's two fish and one gunny shape that are in the maybe category. My fishcuit I rode pretty exclusively for a year and a half. Had some great waves on it but it was ultimately frustrating wave count wise. Gun will probably get sold unless I move somewhere where I'd use it. The other Tolhurst Fish is a project. I repaired it about a year ago and hoped it would be what the fishcuit wasn't. However I haven't really had a great session on it and it's got a few hang ups that if I get the time and place I might work out. So I haven't given up on it.

Carver is always there to up the wave count and perform well in most sized surf. Carver Fish I would probably surf most of the time if I lived somewhere else. Mal is for long point waves. Foamy is for.....in the flags.
Beany, I think what's needed here is a spreadsheet with a column for each board and a row for each day in which you can enter the number of hours ridden for each board.

Can you keep it for the next year or so and we can determine various statistics for each board. Maybe you could also enter the number of waves ridden, length of ride and number of turns.

This should be very exciting reading! And we can do all sorts of analysis by month/week/season, board, turns, etc, etc.

Thanks.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by buddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:45 pm
buddy wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 am
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 am
Nick Carroll wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:24 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am
I've got about eight surfboards.
WTF can't you count them? Nobody has "about eight" of anything
Well I ncluded my old 60s Pig Board which is completely fcuked but still sits at the back of the pile. I would say rack but there isn't one. Also an old Local Knowledge that I haven't ridden in years. So I'm balancing actually having the boards with actually intending to ride them.
Boards I actually ride would sit around four to five.
So is it four or five?
I bet you’re sorry you asked.
I didn't read past the first line of the response.
Put it that way.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Oh well......get fcuked then.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Cranked wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:46 pm
Good question. Since you asked:
There's two fish and one gunny shape that are in the maybe category. My fishcuit I rode pretty exclusively for a year and a half. Had some great waves on it but it was ultimately frustrating wave count wise. Gun will probably get sold unless I move somewhere where I'd use it. The other Tolhurst Fish is a project. I repaired it about a year ago and hoped it would be what the fishcuit wasn't. However I haven't really had a great session on it and it's got a few hang ups that if I get the time and place I might work out. So I haven't given up on it.

Carver is always there to up the wave count and perform well in most sized surf. Carver Fish I would probably surf most of the time if I lived somewhere else. Mal is for long point waves. Foamy is for.....in the flags.
Beany, I think what's needed here is a spreadsheet with a column for each board and a row for each day in which you can enter the number of hours ridden for each board.

Can you keep it for the next year or so and we can determine various statistics for each board. Maybe you could also enter the number of waves ridden, length of ride and number of turns.

This should be very exciting reading! And we can do all sorts of analysis by month/week/season, board, turns, etc, etc.

Thanks.
Sounds okay since every fcuker on here wanks on about there surfcraft indefinitely. Not pointing any fingers of course :-D-:

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by buddy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm

I do enjoy your contributions, beany. But I feel like you trolled me good there.

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5136
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by channels » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 pm

I just saw an article on Facebook about abalone season in Perth being cancelled due to swell. Someone referenced kilojoules when talking about swell height.

Cranked has a legion of converts, unless of course it was Cranked.

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8531
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Cranked » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 pm

Huh! What!

Oh yeah, I've been on a speaking tour of the SW
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm

buddy wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm
I do enjoy your contributions, beany. But I feel like you trolled me good there.
:-D-:

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5545
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm

Have a great Vimeo link to 1981 coverage of 2SM Surfabout at North Narra. Runs for approx. 45 mins if anyones interested. Pretty good.
Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.

Sheng Weng

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 13926
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:13 am

Larry Blair?
Erase.

Slobadan Madicubich
barnacle
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:22 am

.
Last edited by Slobadan Madicubich on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Someone on Hodady posted a running board for that comp I think. It was a pretty stellar cast for the comp.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5545
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:55 pm

https://vimeo.com/235736136

Just to prove Slob isn't a bullshit artist. See link.

You oldies try to keep the jizz off the screen barring up over the old days.
Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.

Sheng Weng

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Good for a laugh.

User avatar
Trev
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22562
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 pm

The sun hasn't done her any favours.

https://www.abc.net.au/7.30/meet-phylli ... XPchNZly4w
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 38848
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Cheese Cave

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:55 pm

She's still kicking, Trev. A mate lives near her. He was talking to one of the local shopkeepers and said Phylis must be really patriotic because she has Australian Flags sticking out of the top of her car. The shopkeeper said it was so she could see where she parked it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests