Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

ajohnsen
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by ajohnsen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm

No, I haven’t. Probably won’t though as my fin broker frightens me.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Yeah, aj, happy for you to keep experimenting. Also have a larger set of rears if you'd like to give them a go. I never tried buddy's suggestion, but found the same as you. On rail ok, but transition was never good for me on the V4. Didn't fcuk around too much because it was a great thruster. Quad was solely an attempt to take it to upsized kilojoules. Never really needed that as I had better suited boards in the armory
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Haha
Amy is the frightening one
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am

Cranked wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:24 pm
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm
yes, speak badly of. Thats exactly what I meant.
You get very butt hurt when people traduce your sacred cows.

I think you called me a bigot because I trash talked surftechs.

"thousands" ........appreciate the more useful kJ,.....

Thousands?

bollocks.

pure bollocks.

I've never heard a single person use it, never seen a single written reference to it in any surf website, publication, forum etc etc .

It's you and maybe one or two of your mates......be honest.

thousands.......lol. :lol:

Sorry I know that is "tiresome" for you but I just like calling BS on BS.
Well really I think it would be nearly every one who uses surf forecast, it's so front and centre and you know immediately what your local is going to be like, that anyone using that site regularly would be onto it with a few months.

So what's their user total as an order of magnitude? 10, 100 and 1,000 are too small. 100,000 is probably too big, but not out of the question. So let's be conservative and use 10,000 and, just guessing, but probably 90% of those would have realised its advantages.

So my analysis is probably somewhere between 5,000 to 15,000 people using kJ and that's about as close as we can get without a lot of time and effort. If that site has 100,000 users though there could be 90,000 people using kJs
with all due respect mate ... this whole kilojoule thing sounds so positively retarded my head is spinning freely on my shoulders in a clockwise direction and i'm not sure I can stop it. I'm dizzy and weak. and i think i may vomit.

I mean, the whole kj thing is so fundamentally imbecilic i've lost all control over my bowels and I'm firehosing my personal space nutty brown as i type. if there are 10 000 people indulging in this unnecessary absurdity, surfing has jumped the fucking shark, my friend. and we may never get it back.

swell height, direction and interval (along with the fetch distance if you really want to go full retard) is all we ever need to know what kind of energy is out there ... packaging that up as kilojoules – a measurement better known for food, wtf!?? could be the most heinous crime committed in surfing today. I'd much rather they built a shipping port bang in the fucking middle of kirra, than carry on with this any further.

but, really ... the whole kj thing sounds like a massive wank-off from some nutter who surfs once a month when the waves are exactly waist high and the water is turquoise clear. yet, he has a garage full of boards and over the top gear and wears old guys rule t-shirts while telling us all about that one wave he caught back in the 80's that didn't kill him.

i bet the cunt also has a sandals collection.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:47 am

Cranky, you've pissed Braithy off big time.
Your work here is done.
Congratulations!
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 am

speaking of sandals collections. here's trevor.
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:53 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 am
speaking of sandals collections. here's trevor.
I have sandals,
Need them with PN.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 am

PN??
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:55 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 am
PN??
Peripheral neuropathy.
Nerve damage.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:55 am

BTW.
Welcome back, Otway.
Beanpole

Skipper

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 am

wouldn't it be better to just endure the nerve damage then to parade yourself around in german sex offender footwear?

i bet you measure waves in kilojoules as well.
Kunji wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:59 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 am
wouldn't it be better to just endure the nerve damage then to parade yourself around in german sex offender footwear?

Yeah well.
It's more than a little painful.
So I don't care.
Beanpole

Skipper

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am

I thought PN stood for Penis Narcosis.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:12 am

offshore1 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am
That too.
Is it painful?
Beanpole

Skipper

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 am

Crikey, first there’s kilojoules and then peripheral neuropathy!

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 am

I haven’t surfed today yet but it’s probably flat anyway. No kilojoules.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 am

Trev wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:12 am
offshore1 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am
That too.
Is it painful?
Not too bad once you get used to aligning with the missus's sexual energy level.

One kilojoule.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am
Cranked wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:24 pm
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm
yes, speak badly of. Thats exactly what I meant.
You get very butt hurt when people traduce your sacred cows.

I think you called me a bigot because I trash talked surftechs.

"thousands" ........appreciate the more useful kJ,.....

Thousands?

bollocks.

pure bollocks.

I've never heard a single person use it, never seen a single written reference to it in any surf website, publication, forum etc etc .

It's you and maybe one or two of your mates......be honest.

thousands.......lol. :lol:

Sorry I know that is "tiresome" for you but I just like calling BS on BS.
Well really I think it would be nearly every one who uses surf forecast, it's so front and centre and you know immediately what your local is going to be like, that anyone using that site regularly would be onto it with a few months.

So what's their user total as an order of magnitude? 10, 100 and 1,000 are too small. 100,000 is probably too big, but not out of the question. So let's be conservative and use 10,000 and, just guessing, but probably 90% of those would have realised its advantages.

So my analysis is probably somewhere between 5,000 to 15,000 people using kJ and that's about as close as we can get without a lot of time and effort. If that site has 100,000 users though there could be 90,000 people using kJs
with all due respect mate ... this whole kilojoule thing sounds so positively retarded my head is spinning freely on my shoulders in a clockwise direction and i'm not sure I can stop it. I'm dizzy and weak. and i think i may vomit.

I mean, the whole kj thing is so fundamentally imbecilic i've lost all control over my bowels and I'm firehosing my personal space nutty brown as i type. if there are 10 000 people indulging in this unnecessary absurdity, surfing has jumped the fucking shark, my friend. and we may never get it back.

swell height, direction and interval (along with the fetch distance if you really want to go full retard) is all we ever need to know what kind of energy is out there ... packaging that up as kilojoules – a measurement better known for food, wtf!?? could be the most heinous crime committed in surfing today. I'd much rather they built a shipping port bang in the fucking middle of kirra, than carry on with this any further.

but, really ... the whole kj thing sounds like a massive wank-off from some nutter who surfs once a month when the waves are exactly waist high and the water is turquoise clear. yet, he has a garage full of boards and over the top gear and wears old guys rule t-shirts while telling us all about that one wave he caught back in the 80's that didn't kill him.

i bet the cunt also has a sandals collection.
Yeah, yeah. Take today for instance, swell size and period around 8am is 1.6m at 18s, at 11am its 2.2 and 18s.

kJs though are 1400 and 3000. That very succinctly gives me a more relevant idea of the big difference thats going to occur over that 3 hour period, in particular the wave size will nearly double, even though the swell size only increases by 25%. Thats one very important thing that is not at all obvious when looking at just the swell height and period

Normally I would not even look at the the swell height, just the kJs. Interval I would though, at 18s I will be able to paddle out in the lulls without getting my hair wet.

Change is bad though crabmeat, especially when heralded by someone not in the inner sanctum. Just keep your head firmly buried in the sand.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan