Strahan tassie

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

ctd
barnacle

Re: Strahan tassie

Post by ctd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Digger, if you are going to shape boards and give us the BBQ photos of the finished product (ie when you put the board on the BBQ to show the rocker etc), you are going to have to do something about that backyard. Guys on here are pretty vicious when it comes to lawn care :-D-:

Looks like a good place, pretty easy to do up and expand if you get to that stage.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Nah. There was no guarantee the board would be on the plane with me. I could have borrowed a board over there via a mate of a mate, but there was not enough swell on the eastern side. Onshore on the Western except for day 1 when the swell was tiny. Went to Martha Livinia for a look, but it was barely breaking

Stayed in a house at Currie. Grassy's weird and virtually abandoned. Ate the best octopus ever at a restaurant there. Booked prior otherwise it would have been shut. Also had a weird dining experience at Naracoopa. German (Austrian or Bavarian perhaps) restaurateurs and cuisine. Again, we were the only ones there. Sort of creepy. All up, I think we were there for a week. Was great just cruising around. Recommended even if a bit exy to get there. We flew from Moorabbin in a Cesna(?). Pilot, some other guy, us and a pile of veges and parcels. Delayed due to fog. A little discomforting flying in zero visibility when the barely 20 yo pilot pulled out the plane's manual
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Jesus fcckn christ thats cheap!! I could sell up, buy a house there and never work again.

Is there much of a rental market down there Digger??
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Economy's pretty rooted down there. Mines have shut down in the area. No jobs. Hence the cheap houses. Would think the rental market would be pretty non-existent Loof. Buy a weekender. Flights to Tassie are cheap.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah nah, think I’m good.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:25 pm

Everyone leaves high school in Year 10. History has only recently been taught in High School as well, I believe.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:09 am

BA wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 pm
Economy's pretty rooted down there. Mines have shut down in the area. No jobs. Hence the cheap houses. Would think the rental market would be pretty non-existent Loof. Buy a weekender. Flights to Tassie are cheap.
The mine in queenstown is in a soft start up right now. It will be fully operational this year. I’m hoping in two years or so to be working there. Hopefully the mine will still be running for my boy in four years or so. The word is that it’s a new shaft and will be open for a long time.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am

I know the start up manager living in queenstown and prices are beginning to skyrocket there as news gets around about the start up.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 am

No rental market yet. Most buy as it’s still cheap though with the mine reopening that may change late this year.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:26 am

ctd wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Digger, if you are going to shape boards and give us the BBQ photos of the finished product (ie when you put the board on the BBQ to show the rocker etc), you are going to have to do something about that backyard. Guys on here are pretty vicious when it comes to lawn care :-D-:

Looks like a good place, pretty easy to do up and expand if you get to that stage.
Backyard is a bloody mess hey, no bbq photos to avoid well deserved critique of the weeds and patches of grass

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 am

Queenstown, it’s classic small town living. Not much going on there at all. Just the way I like it. I don’t really ever need to work again though I’m hoping once the kids reach some sort of independence with their ASD issues I can go back to work. I tried driving school buses a month ago and it caused meltdowns and untold stress. I’m still needed at home for a while longer yet and queenstown with it’s prices allows that

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 am

Personally I wouldn’t invest in property in queenstown in a million years. Though with my history of money management and investments (lack of) that might be the best endorsement you will ever get, for what is say is no good normally turns out to be incredible opportunities

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:52 am

are you in queenstown now digger? ever been there?

it's different.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:53 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:52 am
are you in queenstown now digger? ever been there?

it's different.
It is that.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:57 am

i found myself increasing my speed while simultaneously winding my windows up the only time i drove through it.

:lol:

some of the stories which float around in tassie of queenstown though ... well there's no use repeating them. digger has already paid his deposit.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:27 pm

We stayed in a motel there in 1999. Didn't wander around the town though.
Last time we arrived mid morning from Strahan and found a cafe open from coffee.
We survived.
It's different but there are some nice old buildings in the town.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Sounds like there are zombies about.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:50 am

Looks good Digger, first thing I would be buying for that house is one of these: https://www.nectre.com/nectre-bakers-oven and then you'll need one of these: https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products ... S-251.aspx not only to collect wood but for the zombies.
$70 a week on the mortgage, that's what most city folk spend on take away coffee for the week. I can't see you going wrong here in your situation Digger, worst case scenario is you all hate it so much you just walk away.
People I used to buy the canvas for my boardcovers from moved there cause the wife was having trouble breathing city air, they run their business from there now and love it, nice people that no doubt you will meet, always up for a chat.