that wetsuit discussion...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Legion
Duke Status
Posts: 10894
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Legion » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Life's too short for holes in wetsuits.

User avatar
jimmy
barnacle
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by jimmy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Legion wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:06 pm
Or a 4/3 with hood if you're shearer.
It's cold up here.
happyripper wrote:I hate you Allan you silly old pooff. If I met you in the surf it'd be on for sure

User avatar
swvic
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6010
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by swvic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Lol
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Rustt
barnacle
Posts: 1121
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Rustt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am
Beerfan wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 pm
Looked at some Patagonia wet ties today in the city. Wow, they are expensive.
Yeah, but it's made from mystical wetsuit sheep raised on 100% Stoke enriched organically grown grass grown high on a Peruvian mountain.


And apparently work pretty good too
I have a Patagonia wetsuit sheep, it's a 4/3 and it is very warm, stiff but weirdly comfortable. It holds you as if you were its little baby lamb. Not super hard to paddle but definitely tougher than a 3/2. It's a large yet has to work hard to fit my upper body which seems a little odd sizing-wise. Really strongly made though, anti-fragile like an XCel suit.
Makes sense they wouldn't fit you properly, size wise I would think they are made with vegans in mind .

JET01
charger
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JET01 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Rustt wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am
Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am
Beerfan wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:10 pm
Looked at some Patagonia wet ties today in the city. Wow, they are expensive.
Yeah, but it's made from mystical wetsuit sheep raised on 100% Stoke enriched organically grown grass grown high on a Peruvian mountain.


And apparently work pretty good too
I have a Patagonia wetsuit sheep, it's a 4/3 and it is very warm, stiff but weirdly comfortable. It holds you as if you were its little baby lamb. Not super hard to paddle but definitely tougher than a 3/2. It's a large yet has to work hard to fit my upper body which seems a little odd sizing-wise. Really strongly made though, anti-fragile like an XCel suit.
Makes sense they wouldn't fit you properly, size wise I would think they are made with vegans in mind .
Yep, I'm a medium in most brands. LS in a Patagonia
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3502
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by saltman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 pm

First time for me wearing a long sleeved top with 1 mm neoprene front and back panels in indo
The rest of the top is some thick Lycra type thing

Loving it - no rash. No sunburn no sunscreen. Warm in the wind. And cool in the sun because of the retained water
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8792
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Brand?
Erase.

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3502
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by saltman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm

West
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

User avatar
jimmy
barnacle
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by jimmy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm

saltman wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm
West
West End Boys?
happyripper wrote:I hate you Allan you silly old pooff. If I met you in the surf it'd be on for sure

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3502
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by saltman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 pm

West end beers?
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 26355
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm

saltman wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 pm
First time for me wearing a long sleeved top with 1 mm neoprene front and back panels in indo
The rest of the top is some thick Lycra type thing

Loving it - no rash. No sunburn no sunscreen. Warm in the wind. And cool in the sun because of the retained water
May I introduce the long sleeved rash vest. :B

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3502
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by saltman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:17 am

You may
,but Not nearly as comfy without the 1mm neoprene panel on the chest and back
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

buddy
charger
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by buddy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am

You gotta ease in to surfing without a wetty top each summer. Toughen up the trunk.

brendo
barnacle
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:32 am

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by brendo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:25 pm

buddy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am
You gotta ease in to surfing without a wetty top each summer. Toughen up the trunk.
im back to the 90s. gone the full deck grip, so its rashie in summer or guts torn to pieces lol
the upside is forced sun protection. got a dakine long sleeve top. 1.5mm back and chest neoprene,
lycra over top of shoulders and arms. offer some protection against tiger paws on the back in the
south pac this summer as well

buddy
charger
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by buddy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Might look into those tops. Don't need rubber on your arms in summer here.

JET01
charger
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by JET01 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Hey guys,

Been a bit unlucky getting my hands on a Patagonia suit this winter.
Had look at the Needs essentials site but they are out of stock until the 17th Oct.

Looking at getting a $250 suit to get me through the winter. I wear a medium in ONeill or rip curl. 5'10/177cm and 80kg.

Any suggestions on the best value suit sub $250?
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

buddy
charger
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by buddy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Maybe try arzen or derevko?

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 18079
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: that wetsuit discussion...

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 pm

JET01 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm
Hey guys,

Been a bit unlucky getting my hands on a Patagonia suit this winter.
Had look at the Needs essentials site but they are out of stock until the 17th Oct.

Looking at getting a $250 suit to get me through the winter.
Winter's over. :-o
Loofy wrote
"when i lived in Bellevue hill"

lol :-o

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests