Gary McNeill

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Gary McNeill

Post by Drailed » Thu May 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Ask Shearer to ride it for you and talk about the fcckn smell of the dandelions 2km's downwind then.

You'll find out soon enough Davros, you have already ordered the thing.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu May 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Gee your boring loofy

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu May 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Honestly Dav I don't really know how to describe it. It just feels fast, predictable, capable and good. I am not experienced enough to give you much more then that for this board.

Put it like this, I was having a good surf on it down the coast, getting a lot of waves, making a lot of sections, putting a few decent tirns together and pretty pleased with myself.

My mate who is a pretty bloody good surfer asked for a go and on his first wave got two barrells and made it. His reaction was "fark thats a good board, think I need one of those"

You wont regret your purchase of that I am sure Dav.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 pm

I reckon you surf enough to be pretty accurate. Cheers for feedback

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm

I agree. It is a very fast board. I ride it at mystics when it's chest high and over. It's the type of board where you don't think you can make a section and next thing you know you're in flat water, laying a rail to get back to the foam ball. I've made a few really good waves out there. The single concave that runs the length of the board is great. Lot's of lift and drive. I wish i had the fifth fin option to maybe slow it down and give it some more pivot. That said, on the right wave you can smack the lip, but i find it more of a down the line driver that you push hard into a cutback. If you like quads - this is the ultimate. Better than all the others i've ridden. But you've got to be on your game. At some stage i was a decent surfer and reactive enough to work with a board like this, but as children, work, injury and life sucks my time out of the water like an overzealous kreepy Krauly - i've found i only pull this one out when the waves are good.

Rasta quads - i think they're made for the board. I'm still keen to ride mine as a twin. Just waiting for the right swell.

Perfect winter board Davros. How long have you gotta wait???
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks Batoes. I'm a quad fan, the speil says you can ride as a twin, sounds like it would be a hell of a ride.

3-4 weeks

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 am

Drailed wrote: My mate who is a pretty bloody good surfer asked for a go and on his first wave got two barrells and made it. His reaction was "fark thats a good board, think I need one of those"

Was that the day you were out with Laird, Loof, and he liked your style?
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 am

No, a different day.

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:16 pm

batoes wrote:I agree. It is a very fast board. I ride it at mystics when it's chest high and over. It's the type of board where you don't think you can make a section and next thing you know you're in flat water, laying a rail to get back to the foam ball. I've made a few really good waves out there. The single concave that runs the length of the board is great. Lot's of lift and drive. I wish i had the fifth fin option to maybe slow it down and give it some more pivot. That said, on the right wave you can smack the lip, but i find it more of a down the line driver that you push hard into a cutback. If you like quads - this is the ultimate. Better than all the others i've ridden. But you've got to be on your game. At some stage i was a decent surfer and reactive enough to work with a board like this, but as children, work, injury and life sucks my time out of the water like an overzealous kreepy Krauly - i've found i only pull this one out when the waves are good.

Rasta quads - i think they're made for the board. I'm still keen to ride mine as a twin. Just waiting for the right swell.

Damn u Batoes! You re a bloody menace, now I want a cv2 & Mackie sidecut fish. I am happy with my quiver till I log in here then everything becomes a car wreck....
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

You've been down the mcneill path - time to try something different.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm

batoes wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm
I agree. It is a very fast board. I ride it at mystics when it's chest high and over. It's the type of board where you don't think you can make a section and next thing you know you're in flat water, laying a rail to get back to the foam ball. I've made a few really good waves out there. The single concave that runs the length of the board is great. Lot's of lift and drive. I wish i had the fifth fin option to maybe slow it down and give it some more pivot. That said, on the right wave you can smack the lip, but i find it more of a down the line driver that you push hard into a cutback. If you like quads - this is the ultimate. Better than all the others i've ridden. But you've got to be on your game. At some stage i was a decent surfer and reactive enough to work with a board like this, but as children, work, injury and life sucks my time out of the water like an overzealous kreepy Krauly - i've found i only pull this one out when the waves are good.

Coming next week mate. He doesn't make low performance boards does he? I've had some sessions on my Entity where I've thought about the turns all week and some days when I've wrestled it's snakiness on my back hand. Looking fwd to the CV2

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am

looking forward to the report - you got your fins? :-)(
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am

Going to try with some standard M5 and Shaper Quads on the back.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Conclusion: Entity goes unreal in clean fast waves, struggle in junk, rocks side to side like a drunken sailor. 3ft clean quick waves today, fantastic.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:30 pm

CV2 delivered today. Looks like a weapon

JaM71
charger

Post by JaM71 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:06 am

Got the cv2 wet this weekend Davs? First thoughts? Photos?
Yeeeeeeew!
Davros: "But it felt a bit long and stiff"

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:13 am

Nah down with the flu, so just perving for now

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:34 am

I'm a convert. An acolyte. A zealot. Best made board ever. By a country mile but great construction means nothing if it doesn't go. A CV2, and certainly not a groveller. I rode an entity in quality 3 to 4 foot lefts as well and a superb board. Struggled in poorer surf though.