Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beerfan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:30 am

alakaboo wrote:Been having a blast with the kids pushing them onto little waves on their bodyboards.
They are finally at the age when they find being dumped amusing, and just totally frothing out on faceracing 1-2ft windswell.
Catch 50 waves an hour and just melt into bed at sunset.

I took a board but couldn't do it to myself, went bodysurfing instead and it was a hoot.

Our kids love it, I usually catch one then realise it's pretty crap. They're too flexible. If I had a JD type one it'd make it fun. I normally body surf as well.

Were pretty much forcing the kids to do nippers. Well, not forcing but they're going to do it til 12 at least. They swim like me, like a stone, but it's starting to pay off.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 am

el rancho wrote:
Braithy wrote:that last 5-6 day swell we had about 8 weeks ago, i had 11 surfs at the alley.

i literally haven't surfed since :lol:
I saw a clubbie boat go sideways and flip upside down coming in from the surf into the creek mouth today. It wasn't too far from cleaning up a section of the horde.

saw a 6-man (maybe even an 8-man?) ocean outrigger take out a training group on clubbie paddle ski's y'day arvy. carnage & smashed up 4-grand skis everywhere.

then saw some brisso's with JD stickers on their boat almost mow down three guys crossing the channel coming back on longboards.

we're obviously due for another death out there, it's been a few years.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:59 am

Braithy wrote:saw a 6-man (maybe even an 8-man?) ocean outrigger take out a training group on clubbie paddle ski's y'day arvy. carnage & smashed up 4-grand skis everywhere.

then saw some brisso's with JD stickers on their boat almost mow down three guys crossing the channel coming back on longboards.

Yeah ... I witnessed one of those outriggers come meandering in through the pack just off the point. They lost control, broached and capsized. Then came the ensuing carnage as the overturned vessel was swept shoreward through the crowd.

Its as a good a place as any to stay away from.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:07 am

Braithy wrote:
el rancho wrote:
Braithy wrote:that last 5-6 day swell we had about 8 weeks ago, i had 11 surfs at the alley.

i literally haven't surfed since :lol:
I saw a clubbie boat go sideways and flip upside down coming in from the surf into the creek mouth today. It wasn't too far from cleaning up a section of the horde.

saw a 6-man (maybe even an 8-man?) ocean outrigger take out a training group on clubbie paddle ski's y'day arvy. carnage & smashed up 4-grand skis everywhere.

loose.

I went for an early-ish at elephant rock and saw a female clubby boat squad training. All over the legal age mind you.

Wow just wow what fantastic bodies they had. Tanned butts that could crack a walnut.
Big thumbs up for clubby chicks.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 am

yeah, we train with them (palmy & currumbin crews) sometimes. swim, run, prone paddle on a 1km circuit.

it's a fabulous time to be alive.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:16 am

Watched one of those outriggers run down a guy at Moffs one day. He bailed but the canoe went between him and his board, hooked up his leggie and dragged him the best part of 50 metres, by his leg. So he was being dragged backwards. Don't know how he didn't drown. Smashed a great hole in his board too. Then abused him and paddled away.
They weren't game to come back into the lineup though.
The guy was pretty lucky and very shaky.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:52 pm

alakaboo wrote:Been having a blast with the kids pushing them onto little waves on their bodyboards.
They are finally at the age when they find being dumped amusing, and just totally frothing out on faceracing 1-2ft windswell.
Catch 50 waves an hour and just melt into bed at sunset.

I took a board but couldn't do it to myself, went bodysurfing instead and it was a hoot.
Mate, have to agree! My groms are loving it, and " I don't need your help dad" is even better! My eldest daughter (7) takes great pride in her "fibreglass" board (she tells everyone she meets she has a "fibreglass" board and the little 5 year old loves her sisters hand-me-down soft-top (although spends at least one day a week designing the colours on her "fibreglass" board that she asks me to make every time I'm home!) They live a Bloody good life these kids!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:26 am

el rancho wrote:The Alley. Why? I don't know but I may have lost my mind. On my self-shaped 4'11 fish. Last wave was stupendous, from the rock all the way to the rock wall
I imagine you to surf like a mixture of craig anderson and asher pacey.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:38 am

ER has way better hair though

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:40 am

And a better collection of vintage vinyl
Erase.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:12 am

well if you only take the two factors we all have in common - under 40 and can stand up on a wave I'd say I surf exactly like those two

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:37 am

saltman wrote:Such rubbish this morning !

you are lying

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:38 am

Theres waves around here and I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be even better goodlier tomorrow, thats a happy fcukin xmas.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:00 pm

perfectly shaped A-frames on the right tide and I slid into one of the easiest barrels I've ever got this morning

like taking candy from a baby

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Do you surf in an unbuttoned short sleeved shirt ER?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:53 pm

no smooth skin wetsuit jacket actually today

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:30 pm

hardly surfing....Rasta > Ando

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Trev wrote:Watched one of those outriggers run down a guy at Moffs one day. He bailed but the canoe went between him and his board, hooked up his leggie and dragged him the best part of 50 metres, by his leg. So he was being dragged backwards. Don't know how he didn't drown. Smashed a great hole in his board too. Then abused him and paddled away.
They weren't game to come back into the lineup though.
The guy was pretty lucky and very shaky.
Don't they get into the whole Hawaiian Aloha spirit and all on those things?
Wait...not many do on surfboards either so I suppose fairs fair and all! :-o
Only a rat can win the rat race.