It's a marathon not a sprint, Spring '15

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

--++sunstroke++--
Owl status

Re: It's a marathon not a sprint, Spring '15

Post by --++sunstroke++-- » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Braithy wrote:
--++sunstroke++-- wrote:

Barely any spring time thunderstorms down in Sydney so far.

famous last words.

Good, I love a big thunderstorm.

Darkening skies, watching the radar, the rumbling in the distance slowly getting closer, the change in wind direction & then BOOM! Chaos, destruction, wind, rain, hail, lightning & thunder.

I'm always disappointed when they miss my area - which is more often than not :cry:
What's the difference between Elizabeth Warren & Kamala Harris?

One's pretending to be an Indian & the others pretending she isn't!

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:57 am

ctd wrote:
shaunmorrison wrote:Gee wiss mate I would have thought you would keep that sort of information about cloudbreak close to your chest so that you be able to enjoy those uncrowded conditions over again, instead of spreading the word in an open forum, just the way I look at the world.
Because no one has ever heard of cloud break? And there are approx 250000 people reading this forum?
Mate I've surfed heaps of places over the years considered to crowded, but with a bit of ducking and weaving you can get uncrowded sessions, yes most surfers have heard of Cloudbreak, but most think it is crowded and they will never get a wave and now 250000(your numbers) are now going to read that this is not the case and are booking tickets as we speak. Better get a move on if your planning on going it will be crowded again soon with all those surf magazines steve is putting stories in. Look at it from the perspective of the blokes that figured it out and been having quiet holidays there for awhile, they're not trying to own the break, just not spreading the word to widely. Then along comes steve, he's not the annoying bloke who surfs it one year and turn up the next with 6 of his mates.No he tells countless people on forums and then makes money from it selling to surf mags, then moves onto the next out of the way spot, endless f%kcin cycle, one guy makes money, people that love the place left to suffer. Yes and by the way, Derek Hynds and steve's name are Sh#t up in the North West after what they got up to a few years ago.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Thats the thing about surf journalists...
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Drailed wrote:Thats the thing about surf journalists...
Maybe not all
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:59 pm

True.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Geezus, what happened in the North West with Steve and Hynd, gay orgy? Intentional tanker spill, unfinished crossword puzzle?How bad can it be.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 pm

Tandem naked belly slides whilst shrieking like little girls on Hynds finless 10'2 at Gnaraloo.... the locals were not amused.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:00 pm

shaunmorrison wrote:
ctd wrote:
shaunmorrison wrote:Gee wiss mate I would have thought you would keep that sort of information about cloudbreak close to your chest so that you be able to enjoy those uncrowded conditions over again, instead of spreading the word in an open forum, just the way I look at the world.
Because no one has ever heard of cloud break? And there are approx 250000 people reading this forum?
Mate I've surfed heaps of places over the years considered to crowded, but with a bit of ducking and weaving you can get uncrowded sessions, yes most surfers have heard of Cloudbreak, but most think it is crowded and they will never get a wave and now 250000(your numbers) are now going to read that this is not the case and are booking tickets as we speak. Better get a move on if your planning on going it will be crowded again soon with all those surf magazines steve is putting stories in. Look at it from the perspective of the blokes that figured it out and been having quiet holidays there for awhile, they're not trying to own the break, just not spreading the word to widely. Then along comes steve, he's not the annoying bloke who surfs it one year and turn up the next with 6 of his mates.No he tells countless people on forums and then makes money from it selling to surf mags, then moves onto the next out of the way spot, endless f%kcin cycle, one guy makes money, people that love the place left to suffer. Yes and by the way, Derek Hynds and steve's name are Sh#t up in the North West after what they got up to a few years ago.

it's cloudbreak fuckstick. all steve said was it was full of set-dodging kooks.
250 000 on realsurf?

jesus fucking christ this clown needs help.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Drailed wrote:Thats the thing about surf journalists...
you little turncoat

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Davros wrote:Geezus, what happened in the North West with Steve and Hynd, gay orgy? Intentional tanker spill, unfinished crossword puzzle?How bad can it be.
Probably referring to that orchestra thingy.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:49 pm

el rancho wrote:
shaunmorrison wrote:
ctd wrote:

it's cloudbreak fuckstick. all steve said was it was full of set-dodging kooks.
250 000 on realsurf?

jesus fucking christ this clown needs help.
250000 was not my figure, read it properly, personnel abuse sorta negates any thing you have to say. I have to doubt now that you have surfed any good waves yourself let alone uncrowded, so you have limited understanding.The only contact some guys have with good waves is through blokes like steve.
Full set dodging kooks , what are you el? doubt your much better, learn to embrace your inner kook, life in the surf will be easier, stop trying to be hot when ya not :-D-: Steve does this to make money at other peoples expense, he only came back here cause Nick left.

The other blokes are right, not all journos are the same, I never seen Nick Carrol write travel brouchers.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Trev wrote:
Davros wrote:Geezus, what happened in the North West with Steve and Hynd, gay orgy? Intentional tanker spill, unfinished crossword puzzle?How bad can it be.
Probably referring to that orchestra thingy.
Yeah they were blowwing there own trumpets :lol:

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Everyone told me Keramas was insanely busy, violent, jap infested etc. just had the week with 5-8 ft to 3-4 ft. Bigger days 10-12 guys max, smaller days no probs as well.It depends I guess. And if you wanted the waves you got them.

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Everyone who was interested in surfing Gnarloo already knew about it a long time ago. It has it's own website and is a well-publicised local tourist attraction, FFS.
Drailed wrote:Tandem naked belly slides whilst shrieking like little girls on Hynds finless 10'2 at Gnaraloo.... the locals were not amused.
I can't see what the problem would be.
You might like to think you could tandem naked belly slide on a 10’2 finless without shrieking like a little girl, but really it's not possible.
Last edited by foamy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Davros wrote:Everyone told me Keramas was insanely busy, violent, jap infested etc. just had the week with 5-8 ft to 3-4 ft. Bigger days 10-12 guys max, smaller days no probs as well.It depends I guess. And if you wanted the waves you got them.
Thanks for the tip Dav, I'll see you there next time, I'll be one of the group of 8 :-)(

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Don't mix your meds and alcohol before you go on a trolling binge.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Meds lol
Erase.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:03 pm

steve shearer wrote:Don't mix your meds and alcohol before you go on a trolling binge.
No meds ever or piss tonite mate, I have an opinion ,you don't don't like it but you know I'm right, trolling, ha, next I'll be called a Hater :lol: ,Pretty piss weak actually from some one who calls hemsilf a journalist. <: