Firewire Tomo Vanguard for Sale

The new place to register any boards or other surfing equipment for sale.
Or, if you want to report something lost or found, list it here.
There's no time limit on how long your ad can run but please help us to keep the relevant stuff at the top by changing the heading to include the word "SOLD" when you've disposed of the item. An admin or mod may elect to alter the heading for you if there's no activity for a long period of time.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Firewire Tomo Vanguard for Sale

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:36 am

Hello People!

I have a second hand Firewire Tomo Vanguard for sale. Its 5'6" x 18 1/2" x 2 3/8" 28.8L in the white RapidFire construction. Thats the EPS/Epoxy with carbon rods along the rails.

Got it second hand while experimenting with the modern simmons idea, but it was just not enough volume for my 93kg and now my new twinzer is working a lot better for me. I could still paddle into waves and paddle around the lineup, but it was little unforgiving catching fatter or smaller waves at that volume.

Its an incredible board to be honest. One of the better modern alternative performance boards I've ridden. It would suit someone who likes performance/fish hybrids as an everyday board, or it would suit as a smaller wave board for someone who likes high performance boards. The parallel outline creates a lot more flow and float than usual, so it'll paddle deceivingly well for its volume, and it'll keep its speed and flow very easily in all wave types. I never tried it as a quad because its fast enough as a thruster. It also surfs very responsively, completely differently to how it looks.

It handles waves from 2ft to well overhead very easily and it'll suit someone roughly in the 80-90kg range I'd say.

I'm in the Sydney area and surf the Northern and Eastern beaches regularly depending on work hours. I can put it in the car and you're welcome to come and have a look, even meet up for a surf and try it out first.

I'm asking $300. Reason being its had a fin plug repaired professionally by Craig at Splash Ding Repairs, so technically its not in the same condition I bought it. Otherwise is in very good condition with only some minor deck depressions and some very small cosmetic dings which were also professionally fixed.

Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Firewire Tomo Vanguard for Sale

Post by Donweather » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 am

Bit of a long shot but is this still for sale?

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Don I know you're not in Sydney, but if it's gone, there's one for sale at Wicks surf shop at Collaroy. I can have a closer look at it for you if you like. Check dims, condition etc.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:14 am

Cheers BA. I'll let ya know what Captain comes back with. I'm after a 5'6" specifically. Is the wicks one 2nd hand or new? Don't wanna pay $900. Thanks.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 am

2nd hand.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

Where did the caveman go?

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:40 pm

If you can't get hold of the caveman, check this page:

https://www.facebook.com/kim.b.adams.18?fref=ts

There's a 5'6 Tomo going for 450 I think....

Cpt.Caveman
barnacle

Post by Cpt.Caveman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Sorry fellas, board is still for sale. I haven't been checking realsurf much as I'm not online for very long anymore. Send me a PM if keen.
Davros wrote:Ego saved - surfing experience rubbish.