Spring fourteen

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Spring fourteen

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 pm

alakaboo wrote:Well an energex truck just managed to take out a water mains pipe so the water is off now.
Sometimes I feel like I am living in a game of monopoly
I shouldn't laugh.
But honestly, if you and Braithy ever met up, the world would end. :-)( :d #*!
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:48 am

we have met up!

I can confirm the world is still here.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:33 am

Braithy wrote:we have met up!

I can confirm the world is still here.
Oh Shit!
The end is nigh
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:29 pm

and lol at swellnet goldie reports from the sydney office. They're now complete with frame grabs from the snapper cam as the daily pic. no wonder they're never even in the ballpark of whats happening.

at this point, I'm not sure why they're even bothering, i can't imagine anyone taking them seriously.
Kunji wrote:

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:06 pm

My mate checked from Maroochydore to Kings beach this morning at dawn and said it was 1-2ft weak as p1ss onshore crap.

Here's the SN SC report from today:

Updated: Mon 1 December 6:12am
Surf: Clean 2ft E
Winds: Light W
Weather: Mostly Sunny
Rating: 3/10
Things are pretty much the same as earlier with 2ft waves from the east and clean conditions with the westerly winds. It's worth having a hunt around for the best banks, as there's some fun rides on the sets, see if you can get wet early before the ENE winds kick in. Keep an eye out for the good ones changing though as the tide is dropping and will bottom out at 9.33 am. Hope you get some, have a great day.

Mon 1 December 4:09am: Clean 2ft E, Light W, Mostly Sunny 3/10
Dawn Report: 2ft waves for the Sunny Coast this morning and conditions are clean early with the light westerly winds. It'll be best to get in early before the winds swing onshore. Check back around 8am for the photo report.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:08 pm

That's it, I quit.

Sick and tired of this surfing sh1t. Haven't had more than 2-3 surfs in the last 2+ mths since returning from epic Indo. Depressed and grumpy as all feck too!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Donweather wrote:That's it, I quit.

Sick and tired of this surfing sh1t. Haven't had more than 2-3 surfs in the last 2+ mths since returning from epic Indo. Depressed and grumpy as all feck too!!!
Yay.
One less in the water
8)
Beanpole

Skipper

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Donweather wrote:My mate checked from Maroochydore to Kings beach this morning at dawn and said it was 1-2ft weak as p1ss onshore crap.

same here I was up at 4:30 before the reports were done and looked at the bom and saw it was a light offshore, so went for a sniff. It was dire, lumpy onshore pus ... so dire there wasn't a single person out from the alley to bilinga which for summer is unheard of if its 1-2 foot and clean.

... but swellnet will you have believe it was clean with some fun 'sliders' around ...

at this point they're pretty much taking the piss from any half way decent surfer and completely catering their service for kooks on funboards, soft tops and finless foamies.
Kunji wrote:

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 pm

That's quite strange. My local has a dedicated guy who never misses posting an accurate report complete with photos (photos not up 'til about 8am). Comparatively, the Goldie market is massive so it makes no sense whatsoever

Although, there's quite a few Hypto Kryptos about down here
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:56 pm

They can't find a local reporter prepared to face Steve's withering criticism of their score out of 10.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 pm

the fcuking dingbat gave scores of 3 and 4 out of 10 all winter for super high quality Point surf. He gave the day of the winter a 7/10.
Two weeks ago he gave a super clean peaky morning, the best surf in weeks a 3/10.

Then he gives pure puss NE dribble 3/10.

It's absolute german cuckoo-clock crazy.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 am

Maybe he is undercover... He could purposefully be doing you all a massive favour...
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable