SPRING

What surfer doesn't care about the weather? Who hasn't predicted the arrival of a new swell? Do all of it here!

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

el rancho
Duke Status

SPRING

Post by el rancho » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

Today's forecast changed from SW winds to bang on Northerly yesterday.

Hello Spring.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: SPRING

Post by steve shearer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:10 pm

hello and fcuk you.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 pm

This might be the year I finally buy that catamaran. :-o
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 am

and it was.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:10 pm

You kids must have been looking under the wrong rock this morning ... nice little bite sized peelers under mine ... two and a half hours of fun and frivolity before the wind and tide turned it off ...

Oh ... and ... my own little peak ... lefts and rights of choice ... very few out early ... thems the days.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

Solid 4ft/4ft+ inconsistent sets this morning. Some amazing power behind them too. Haven't had that sort of power on a beachie for a while, hence copped a few floggings also!!!

That radial spread is pretty impressive. Swell period helped getting in north of Byron too I guess?

Almost felt like I was surfing the southern ocean with sets coming in in 6-8 wave trains.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:55 am

Hmmmmmm, some early tropical developments in the South Pacific Convergence Zone are looking pretty good for mid next week.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Donweather wrote:Hmmmmmm, some early tropical developments in the South Pacific Convergence Zone are looking pretty good for mid next week.
Oh. Please. Be right.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 pm

How are we looking for the banana coast from this weekend?

TIA

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 am

Donweather wrote:Hmmmmmm, some early tropical developments in the South Pacific Convergence Zone are looking pretty good for mid next week.

I think it races too quickly SE through the swell window and down the back of inzid. Still nice to see.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 am

steve shearer wrote:I think it races too quickly SE through the swell window and down the back of inzid. Still nice to see.
Agreed it aint gonna be a pumping swell, but I'm more than happy to take anything from the east that's surfable at this time of year. And as you say Steve, certainly nice to see!!!

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm

off greenmount sunday, amongst the kooks. tiny peelers in crystal clear water on the log. made it to the nose a few times, no leash (gasp!)

also the whales were doing their thing a little offshore, full boogie-woogie breaching, getting their whole bodies above sea-level. magnificent.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:35 pm

whaddya reckon the water temp was Rancho?

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:04 pm

warmer than last week, but a little colder than yesterday.

hope that helps!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:45 am

tell you whats been impressive : the mondo warm water eddy from the East Australian current.

yesterday was cobalt blue and 23-24c.......massive tricodesmium bloom in slicks showing the southward push of the current.

and that warm water: stopped the forecast northerly dead in it's tracks. amazing how that temperature differential can sometimes override the synoptic flow.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am

steve shearer wrote:tell you whats been impressive : the mondo warm water eddy from the East Australian current.

yesterday was cobalt blue and 23-24c.......massive tricodesmium bloom in slicks showing the southward push of the current.

and that warm water: stopped the forecast northerly dead in it's tracks. amazing how that temperature differential can sometimes override the synoptic flow.
But will it give us any surf? :(
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 am

Byron (and SE Qld) buoys not showing any temps up around the 23/24 deg mark Steve (nor any dramatic rise)?

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Its 34° in the shade in at two-gun city ... the winds blow'n 13 knots from the North with no surf to speak of ... I landed at 0600 hours on the tarmac at Cooly yesterday morning ... Manly fell at the last hurdle ... I haven't consumed liquor for four months ... Reg is as predictable as ever (he's a bench player at best these days) ... spring you say ... mmmmmm bluebottles.

I'm going surfing tomorrow ... the winds will be kinder ... its a matter of getting wet when ever possible ... windows of opportunity ... lots of travel to end this year will interfere with pleasurable pursuits.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.