tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:46 am

Hey guys, come the 31st December my family is starting out on a extended trip around australia for a few years I think, time will tell how long.

I have no plans on where to go or where I will stop, we will be free camping in rest stops or wherever we find, no time will be set on how long we stay in one spot. I have a few destinations in mind so far, staying at joanna for a few months to catch it at its best, vic, merimbula as I have to catch the bar before I die. I want to reach WA one day as well, but who cares if I dont :D

The question I have for you guys, is Im going to drop in on certain people from sways and do a story on their town, post a pic of their shaping bays, maybe the surf, but only if its a popular surfing spot as I want to respect the locals of that town. Does anyone here on realsurf want me to stop by and do a little story on their town, take a pic of their shaping bays or their surfboards, and go for a surf. I will post stuff on realsurf when I can afford to as im going hippy and cheap :lol: So would realsurf like a doco sort of thing done on the people or not. Let me know. Im skipping queensland mainly because their origin team just sucks :lol: :lol: and ive been here in the red neck state long enough :wink: , more places to stop from nsw down for free camping, will do queensland last I think.

Im not making promises I will get there, but there are certian people from realsurf and sways I want to meet, no timeframe will be kept, one day I may turn up, who knows when, send me a pm if you want me to with a contact number and where you are. Dont really worry me if no one does as im going anyway, YEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.................... :D

Another thought, post me a destination of a place you have always wanted to surf at, just so I can go there and rub it in, bahahahahah
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Indo dreaming
regular

Re: tumbleweed the extended australia trip

Post by Indo dreaming » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:25 pm

tomtom wrote:Fuck yeah. Sick band, top blokes.
That's what I was thinking, love the weed, good to see them rockin again!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I'd love to hook up and go for a surf Digger.

you have a budget for this doco?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Hey Mary Jane. Go the weed.

That brings back memories, and The Hard Ons :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm

wingnut2443 wrote:
diggerdickson wrote: ... send me a pm if you want me to with a contact number and where you are ...
You got mine digger :?:

Which reminds me, good 'roadside' truck stop at "sleepy hollow" ... happy to collect you from there for a surf ... not far to a couple of nice beachies :wink:

Speaking of which, are you taking a second vehicle? Or, just loading up the pushies ... :mrgreen:
Sleepy Hollow. I know that one.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 pm

no second vehicle apart from chinese work boots wingnut, steve it wont be a filmed doco, as have no money at all, it will be a thing that I include for my daughters homeschooling, she will write interest stories on each place we visit and the people we meet, she writes better than me and wants to be a author,she is only 11 mate so im giving her a pet project whilst we travel if that makes sence. Something she can sink her teeth into

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:34 am

cool, I know a few interesting characters.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Digger, a pretty inspirational similarity in this episode #1 (click on episode #1 below) of Rush TV. I hope your trip is as rewarding and fulfilling as these guys trip appears to be.

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/rushtv/rush- ... sodes.html#

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 pm

does anyone know a email address for rip curl australia marketing.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 pm

thanks tom tom, really appreciate that mate :D

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:31 am

wingnut, funny you say that mate, ive just sent a email off to rip curl to see if they want permanent advertising on my bus whilst I own it as im going on a 5 year trip or longer, my family is going on the ultimate "SEARCH" trip, who knows, the ball is in their court, dont matter if they dont. I will email some other companies if rip curl dont get back to me, Im hoping they can help out with the cost of setting up solar power, nothing more than that, but if they want to use the bus for more than that im open to anything.

I would like to write a book about our struggles and the new lifestlye im getting into, but im no writer, I will be blogging as well. What we are doing is very different from the norm and detached from normal society expectations and that is a story to begin with, I hope I can do something but not sure what to do, im hoping to catch up with steve to talk to him about my travels.

If I can get sponsors Im happy to take my bus to any events I can get to, I know petrol is a major concern with cost, we will travel till I use half a tank and just stop, wherever that is, and wait for a while till more money comes in, a full tank will be close to 800 bucks and I will get just above 2 miles to the gallon :shock:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 am

any-time Digger.I've got a smartphone now, PM me and i'll give u the number.

still here
charger

Post by still here » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:22 am

Reading a bit about what you and your family have been doing and will be up to come end of December .... and a mental picture is formed !
It's a really cool picture !!

I'm looking forward to your start nearly as much as you , I reckon , .......
Truly admire what you doing , and I wish you all well .

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 am

still here wrote:Reading a bit about what you and your family have been doing and will be up to come end of December .... and a mental picture is formed !
It's a really cool picture !!

I'm looking forward to your start nearly as much as you , I reckon , .......
Truly admire what you doing , and I wish you all well .

Thanks mate, its certainly going to be one hell of a ride, tracy wants to do it forever, im more into reality and relise that my little girl who is 11 will need to settle down when she is 18, so I will then look for a small town on the south coast of nsw who needs a bus driver and work part time.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 pm

diggerdickson wrote: Another thought, post me a destination of a place you have always wanted to surf at, just so I can go there and rub it in, bahahahahah
How about Cactus :?: I hear that the locals are .......??? colourful...

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Ok, I am going to make a list of places, mentioned catcus to my wife and she would like to show the family that place, though think I will refrain form taking to many pics of that place :) Will write up a story of what its like, though could take me a year or two to get there, plenty of time.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Ok, rip curl werent interested in advertising on the bus, thats cool, so I got to start looking elsewhere now, not sure if I will contact the other surf companies, what do you guys think.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 pm

fongss wrote:everyone who saids no only means your closer to someone who will say yes

email all of them digger

cost nothin...everything too gain 8)
ok, emails will be sent tommorow night.