Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 am

I ummed and aaahhed, the beachies were still a bit wobblie, though unattended and a sly left had a rip running through it , leapin Leroy the dairy farmer stabbed a few through the neck.
Col the busdriver got a nice shack through the middle section.
There was some fun, no bikinis on the rocks, just an honest competent working mans crowd.
Everyone seemed to have fun despite the fact it is 2012.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

I learned long ago, Steve. Never follow a dairy farmer. Anywhere. Given it is 2012, even more reason to remain vigilant.

Let us give praise to Jesus that you survived. This time.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am

Much more fun today up my way. But jeez it's getting crowded as all the shortboarders turn up for some local knowledge before the Pa and Ma bendall Comp at Easter.
Cleaner, marginally smaller but still bloody heavy if they hit you.
Watched a young kid take off on a serious peak. he was a fraction late and went out and down with the pitch ...... and made the drop. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice to see you getting some juice Trev. I surfed Palmy yesterday. Utter poo. Tide not shallow enough for the outer bank but too shallow for the shorey. The usual Goldy crapola of late.

Surfed a completely different location this morning. Whilst there was blokes either side of us, myself and my mate shared a peak that ran for a reasonable distance. Got way better on the bottom of the tide. Today made up for the shit I surfed yesterday.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 am

Marginally smaller today but great long rides.
I had to cut the session short after about an hour and a half though.

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm

OUCH!!!! Shame about the foot, but I'm impressed of the little damage to the FCS plugs.....particularly the front one. I did the same thing on my Maldives trip last year and had to do some serious repairs on the front FCS plug as it had compressed into the deck. Was back in the water in a few hours though after a reasonable self repair job if I may say so myself.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 pm

I figure I hit it pretty hard to drag it out past the grub screw like that. You can see the gouge in the plastic of the tab where it was forced out.
Only 5 stitches but no surf till they come out the day after Easter. :evil: :twisted:
I rode one wave like that before I realised I had done more than bruise myself. Then another one in to the beach after I saw the blood and felt the flesh flapping around.
Only saw the fin when I was putting it in the car.
Beanpole

Skipper

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Trev wrote: Only saw the fin when I was putting it in the car.
Not the one following the chum trail :shock:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm

T'was our town's centenary so had a small quality surf before the Easter Hordes begin to arrive and between surf entertainment was provided for me to photgraph,
A Lockheed Super Constellation landed at the airport behind the beach and the RAAF Roulettes rolled out their Roulette routine. Then coffee and a surf comp to shoot tomorrow :D
Lockheed Constellation.jpg
Roulette's cross.jpg

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:28 pm

otway1949 wrote:
Trev wrote: Only saw the fin when I was putting it in the car.
Not the one following the chum trail :shock:
Didn't see one of them. Not that I wasn't looking for it. :oops:
Beanpole

Skipper

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Had a couple of surfs out the Peak. Flawless 3' waves from the ene, light NW wind.

N+ contest was on, so I cheered on the competitors and caught the waves they missed or gave me.

Surfed a 6'0" Stu Kenson singly made as a tribute to MP about 10 yrs ago. Stub nose round squaretail, deep fin about half way up the box. Surfed that board for about an hour then switched to a 5'9" MC deep concave. V trippy switching, the singly glided in and out of turns, the MC felt springloaded.

Tom was in a heat riding a board Kelly gave him up in Qld, a short round pin, he had it set up as a four with one of those little nub fins, he was ripping on the thing but thought it should be a thruster.

Grommets heats slightly down the beach. After the surfs I had a sausage and bacon roll and watched a heat. Felt a deep connection with surfing and everything about it.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Few fun waves today.Lovin a rounded pin on a shorter small wave board.
Rode a 5'8 slightly stubby rounded pin shaped by Pete Daniell for one of his team guys.EPS/epoxy construction. The thing was a ball of fun.Pretty flat but still went vert with ease.Thruster set up but with the speed of many quads ive ridden.I was like a kid with a new toy.Just suited the fun cleaner waves this morning.Even ran over a bloke who dropped in and not a mark on it. :lol:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 am

Donweather wrote:OUCH!!!! Shame about the foot, but I'm impressed of the little damage to the FCS plugs.....particularly the front one. I did the same thing on my Maldives trip last year and had to do some serious repairs on the front FCS plug as it had compressed into the deck. Was back in the water in a few hours though after a reasonable self repair job if I may say so myself.
Did the same thing last weekend Don. Some bush repairs and we're ready to go again today. It aint pretty though!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 am

After a long shitty run, the ENE swell the last few days has been great. Took my round pin longboard out, only a few surfs as a single ( 10'' big kahuna fin from shapers, it is MASSIVE haha ), so wasn't sure how it'd go in some decent waves. Went frigging unreal, no spin outs, took the drops sweet as, and drivy as all hell. Had no problems turning the board either. Becoming my favourite board. Gunna be fun switching from my 9'1'' Poly longboard to my 5'9'' josh dowling keel fish when it gets here!!!!

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 am

otway1949 wrote:T'was our town's centenary so had a small quality surf before the Easter Hordes begin to arrive and between surf entertainment was provided for me to photgraph,
A Lockheed Super Constellation landed at the airport behind the beach and the RAAF Roulettes rolled out their Roulette routine. Then coffee and a surf comp to shoot tomorrow :D
Roulette's cross.jpg

Love that airport. Went up in a light plane from there to do some aerial footage of Eden for an environmental doco.

Lovely part of the world Otway. That left gets pretty good to eh?

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:56 pm

steve shearer wrote:
otway1949 wrote:T'was our town's centenary so had a small quality surf before the Easter Hordes begin to arrive and between surf entertainment was provided for me to photgraph,
Roulette's cross.jpg

Love that airport. Went up in a light plane from there to do some aerial footage of Eden for an environmental doco.

Lovely part of the world Otway. That left gets pretty good to eh?
It's hardly a secret where I yam but SSSH :!: good thing the fickleness of the ..........bula left and the even more fickle ...........bula right and the distance from warm water helps a lot.
If you ever do another doco down this way hook up we can discuss southern cows, wombats over Merkin coffee.
There seems to be a north south, Bega to Byron migration that follows the seasons. the Bega crew are replaced by the Melbourne crew coming north up until easter, next weekend sees that over for another year.
Just PM

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 pm

will do.

Love that part of the world.

and same same if you're heading north.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:10 pm

wingnut2443 wrote:
otway1949 wrote: ... If you ever do another doco down this way hook up we can discuss southern cows, wombats over Merkin coffee ...
:?: :arrow: Is Merkin instant coffee? ^^^

U may not have much to discuss otherwise ... :oops:

Oh, yeah, still the cows and wombats. :roll:
That has a ring, but no, it's arabica.