NSW Supreme Court finds against Chilli

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

localbogan
regular

Re: NSW Supreme Court finds against Chilli

Post by localbogan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:36 am

G'day Hollow, just out of interest, how did you find out about this case and the court judgement? I follow these surf related stories as well and don't recall seeing it it the Manly Daily, SMH, Telegraph or anywhere on the net.
Did a quick search and doesn't even come up when you google it.
Trust me, I love a good case of schadenfreude just as much as anyone but how did you know about it?
Doing your daily flick through the supreme court judgements when you stumbled upon a name you recognised?

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 am

localbogan, yep your last grab was close to the mark, I was researching something unrelated and just stumbled upon the case name having heard via the industry grapevine that Chilli was facing some heavy accusations, hit the link and whammo...simple as that. The net is a scary place if ya trying hide, ya got no chance.
Mate was buying a car and wanted to know who owned it so just googled the phone number and whammo up comes the persons full details from some other link. Do the right thing has never been such good advice

localbogan
regular

Post by localbogan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 am

When you say industry grapevine, are you involved?
I buy my boards from Aloha but they have never mentioned anything about it.
Not trying to accuse you of anything but even though the finding is on the public record the story is not really in the public domain given that even on multiple google searches I couldn't find it reported anywhere.
By the way, I don't know Cheal but had a Chilli board that didn't go very well at all despite 3 different fin combos, one of the few boards that I've ever had that just simply didn't work for me

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

I think you will find Hollowed out is friendly with Chilli's ex Simone wink wink.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am

Localbogan, thats cool i don't feel your accusing me or anything (unlike some others previously) and , NO I am not involved in any shape or form with this sorry tale but I do know there are a lot of people who are interested in it and others who want it suppressed which potentially creates more victims and prevents closure for others.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 am

natho, mate, never met her, never spoken to her, would not know her from a bar of soap, zero connection in any way ...zilch!
Why does it seem so strange that some of us would read this case and find that what happened to her ( i will say her so you can get over your conspiracy theory) really really sucked. Others on here seem to agree but it's got me fcuked why some want to make out that just because he may have shaped a board they ride, Chilli's actions should be ignored.
Funny that some go nuts if they get dropped in on, yet turn a blind eye to other more serious stuff...maybe because they are the ones that usually drop in?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm

saucy gibbon wrote:what a simplistic load of crap.

which consumption behaviours should we change o great one so as to be worthy of your assessment of us as to having principles and ethics ?

i'll bet you buy organic vegetables and sit back smugly and congratulate yourself on the difference you made to the world

your sort of bullshit statements are the type made by cnuts that can afford to make em
Ho hum, tired and smelly baits put out by a tired and smelly soul.

Not simplistic at all saucy, the result of years of analysis, self awareness, feedback loops, philosophical reasoning, study of ethics, contemplation, deep thought.

Which consumption behaviours should you change, you ask me. I'm not the arbiter of you, just myself. You have to work out what you stand for and what you would like to support. That's the wonder of ethics and principles saucy, you can't outsource. You either work them out, for yourself, by yourself, or you don't have them.

Organic vegies? No, I'm not that type.

Statements made by cnuts that can afford to make them? Hardly, and hardly relevant. Besides, I have looked at a lot of Chilli boards and they are expensive saucy. I haven't paid that much for a board ever, I would say. Choice is somewhat limited by economic necessity, no doubt, but not that often, and not in Australia for most people.

You seem like one of those guys who is naturally bright, but not enough to turn that intelligence inwards to make that substantial leap into awareness, into leading an examined life,

maybe 'cause that's just for poofy poofy poof poofs, or some equally substantial piece of reasoning. It's your emotional maturity that holds you back saucy, not your brain.

That too is a choice. I'm just surprised that an intelligent person would make it, willingly.

To each his own.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm more inclined to think that those who want this silenced rather than explored are the more likely to have an agenda.

Friends of chilli natho, localbogan?????????????
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Jeez oldy, I'd love to see the outstanding personal reputations of the music artists you listen to. Oh how about that labor party you vote for with the squeaky clean rep of the health union bloke etc.. To live a life by supporting the high moral road is impossible, heck you'd have trouble finding a church to pray in and that full priced milk you drink was probably squeezed out of a cow tit by someone's who had a messy break up and tried to hide some coin as well... Chilli just tried to do the best for himself, it didn't work out for him but you gotta admire the Aussie spirit of having a go huh? Remember you fight to win, not lose.
If it feels good, do it.

localbogan
regular

Post by localbogan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 am

I don't know James Cheal or his former partner from a bar of soap, only connection is that I had a Chilli board that was a total dud.
In terms of Hollow having an agenda, well I can understand if he does.
There are a lot of blokes at my local who I dislike because of their various (and numerous) displays of arrogance both in and out of the water.
If I became privy to some juicy info (on the public record) that portrayed them in a bad light I would be posting it everywhere I could find.
But if someone then challenged me as to why I posted it I would say "because I have always hated that fckn wanker".
When an issue is not reported anywhere in the media, and is not even findable on google then maybe it is just possible that the person who initially posted it does have an agenda and wants to expose the person publicly.
Dunno, maybe Hollow was just doing his daily flick through the supreme court findings and recognised the name, how are we to know?

still here
charger

Post by still here » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

Hollowed out wrote:Which consumption behaviours should you change, you ask me. I'm not the arbiter of you, just myself. You have to work out what you stand for and what you would like to support. That's the wonder of ethics and principles saucy, you can't outsource. You either work them out, for yourself, by yourself, or you don't have them.
Thats the problem with the carbon tax .... no choice .

Plenty want it , yet they've never voluntarily ticked the box and paid carbon offset charge on air flights...... yet they want everyone else to have to pay it plus heaps more on other things !? (they're usually people who'll qualify for the so called compensation package that'll put them in front ...... or just plain stupid IMHO )

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Deesee wrote:Chilli just tried to do the best for himself, it didn't work out for him but you gotta admire the Aussie spirit of having a go huh? Remember you fight to win, not lose.
And there in lies the difference. How far would you go, Deesee, and at what expense to others?

Chilli, is perhaps unpopular with some in the industry because of the way he conducts business, not that that makes him unique. Would not suggest for one minute he has done anything illegal..

Haven't and won't comment on his boards other than in a way I know to be factual as it's not relevant and he isn't entirely responsible for them. Like most local manufacturers, there is a bunch of skilled and otherwise craftspeople doing a fair whack of the work behind the brand behind the scenes.

saucy gibbon
barnacle

Post by saucy gibbon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm

oldman you've missed the point, you have struggled to sort the wheat from the chaff

live on oldman

however anyone that doesn't buy organic vegetables is clearly lacking in principles, mmmmm choices
Uni is not the real world.

Hollowed out
regular

Post by Hollowed out » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 pm

localbogan wrote: Dunno, maybe Hollow was just doing his daily flick through the supreme court findings and recognised the name, how are we to know?
Local, if you read back a bit you would see I specifically answered your question re this this earlier.

To still here, you posted a quote of something somebody else said as being said by me, so just wanted to straighten that out that it was not me

Ric_vidal, great answer to Deesee, who seems to think ripping off someone that was your partner for 13 years is worthy of his admiration and.. "but you gotta admire the Aussie spirit of having a go huh? Remember you fight to win, not lose."...if that is Aussie spirit, then we are all fcuked!

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Hollowed out wrote: Ric_vidal, great answer to Deesee, who seems to think ripping off someone that was your partner for 13 years is worthy of his admiration and.. "but you gotta admire the Aussie spirit of having a go huh? Remember you fight to win, not lose."...if that is Aussie spirit, then we are all fcuked!
If you were to browse through most of Deesee's posts you'd see this is kind of par for the course. Whether it's ripping someone off, fcuking your wife's sister, banging some woman/girl with a bunch of mates. It's all a part of the wonderful world of Deesee.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Karlos wrote:If you were to browse through most of Deesee's posts you'd see this is kind of par for the course. Whether it's ripping someone off, fcuking your wife's sister, banging some woman/girl with a bunch of mates. It's all a part of the wonderful world of Deesee.

I still fail see wats really wrong with rootin ya,wifes sister...ffs...she was keen for it :oops:

And i really dont care about chililies.shit either

When buying a surfboard i rarely.do a police.check :roll:

And...fwiw.....i think hollowed outs just stating facts....its a good t by thread....imo....the agendas lie with the reponses...which have only served give the topic oxygen :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Karlos wrote:It's all a part of the wonderful world of Deesee.
Louis Armstrong sings the soundtrack to my life..

Chilli had a go, his ex had a go, all good healthy competition..

Karlos, name some people who are a peer to you..
If it feels good, do it.