Anyone recommend a Physio (with surf exp) Manly/Nrth Beaches

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

wjp
Grommet

Anyone recommend a Physio (with surf exp) Manly/Nrth Beaches

Post by wjp » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi,

I've been diagnosed with bursitis/impingement of the bursa in my left shoulder which I'm gutted about as I have to stop all surfing for a month (or 2) plus physio. Don't know why I've got it - its either too much surfing too quickly (I rarely surfed before moving here due to where I lived, since moving I've been going out 4-5 times a week the last 2 months), the fact my collar bone is dislocated and have unstable shoulder (old snowboarding injury) , or bad paddle technique (though I thought I had this cracked from reading that thread). Either way I'm buggered and p*ssed off big time - esp with the swell arriving.

Does anyone know a good physiotherapist in Manly or there abouts? ideally someone who's had plenty of experience with surfers?
Would really appreciate it.

thanks

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Anyone recommend a Physio (with surf exp) Manly/Nrth Bea

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:37 pm

see Captn Caveman.....if he cant help ya, he'll sure know who can....he knows his shite.....

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:56 pm

I tore a ligament off my humerus in June and needed pretty serious physio to get it mobile again. I could not lift my arm for a month. Went to see Cally at NB Sports Physio and she gave me a good idea of the mechanics of the shoulder and put forth a plan for recovery. It has been tough but i should be back in the water by summer and most probably avoiding open cut surgery which would have seen me be out of the water for an additional 9 months.

http://www.nbphysio.com/
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

SAsurfa
barnacle

Post by SAsurfa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Good to hear Coops!

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:15 pm

reginald wrote:sports medicine centre at AIS at narrabeen
Yep this is where I go, it's NSWIS. They have the complete set up there. I went here after my recon, and after breaking my leg, both times I was back to full strength much quicker than predicted, mostly thanks to these guys.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

wjp
Grommet

Post by wjp » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:19 am

Ok cool - thanks everyone - I was thinking of giving them a call.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 am

Coops@DY wrote:I tore a ligament off my humerus in June and needed pretty serious physio to get it mobile again. I could not lift my arm for a month. Went to see Cally at NB Sports Physio and she gave me a good idea of the mechanics of the shoulder and put forth a plan for recovery. It has been tough but i should be back in the water by summer and most probably avoiding open cut surgery which would have seen me be out of the water for an additional 9 months.

http://www.nbphysio.com/

I did a similar thing to my tendon in my left shoulder. 9 month layoff all up. Been back in the water for about a month ... Paddling fitness is a hard sucker to get all the way back to where it was. Those muscles just don't wanna grow.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Jai de Womp

Post by Jai de Womp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Scott or Matt at MGS Physio on east esplanade...plenty of surfing injuries go through there... sorted out every rooted shoulder thats been sent to them. yunguns and olduns.

wjp
Grommet

Post by wjp » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks Jai, already seeing Matt now. Going up to NB sport center for an appointment in 3 weeks. I'm looking at 3->6 months before getting back into the water I'm told. Totally gutted, but at least its flat out there so not missing too much at the moment :?

For you all you non-injured folk - make sure you build your scapula muscles up!