Help > Another Mad Development.

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Help > Another Mad Development.

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Cheers, I'll do some reading.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Legion wrote:. The current law (enacted by his government) is that any development over $3mil will bypass local council and go straight to the state planning commission (thereby ensuring all commercial and large residential developments will be approved by his pro-development government). So it looks like our beachfront will be irreparably changed.

seems they stole that law from queensland labor...who have invinted something similar in order by pass local concerns and see calondra sth turned into a cluster house shithole, luckly...nature step in and a by product the brisabane floods was nearly all the zoned land went well and trully underwater :idea:

it want stop em.....just slowem up abit till the memory ain't so fresh...plus...they gonna face huge law suits regarding how they mis managed winvaflood dam, so they on the backfoot atm 8)

really enjoyed your links Legion......look guys, i used work construction....i believe we need both jobs and houses :idea:

but deal is...as johnoo and Legion point out.....there not against development all togther either :idea: ....it's about building something that adds the area, like is a good move forward, unlike shoving as many tiny shoeboxs u can is for maxium gain and maxium destruction all that natural good with a area :cry:

a quick history noosa....show u how you can have amazing natural beauty....totally fu.cked over.....i.e...little cove ( cue hiue :?: )
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Johnno wrote:Hi all and hope all that I came to know in my time here are well and enjoying life :D And yes I'm alive and well and still have that Beer Garden 8) just a little soggy at the moment :lol:

Ok so why am I starting this thread you may ask ?????

It's about another crazy Development that has been approved by our N.S.W. Planning Minister Tony Kelly under 3A planning.

Now Col this is a surfing thread as it will have an impact upon a now not so secret spot these days called Hearns Lake where I have had the miss fortune of calling a home break for 20 years. On its day it would break better than Nth Narra but is such a fickled spot where you would need to watch it everyday to see where the sand is and how the the water from the creek to the north is running out and what the lake was doing re being open and closed.

A good thinking persons surf break and I have had times when you would have only 2 hrs in a day when it was on but worth it. Also had weeks when it would pump and mostly on my own but those days are over now but still get the odd day by yourself :D

So the development >>>> a developer picked the land up cheap as it had approval for only 35 homes and I have no problem with that. When he got the approval from council for those homes he the went straight to the Planning Minister under 3A for 300 homes. It was granted conditional approval for 200 homes as the one's in the sand dunes where taken off the plan.
Does this help you johnno?

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-na ... 1cwq2.html
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 pm

^bout farken time!

booradley
regular

Post by booradley » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 pm

alakaboo wrote:^bout farken time!
Only if Barry can resist the "white shoe brigade" who'll be bashing down his door with all sorts of offers. Personally, I think we're in for an extension of the Tony Kelly planning regime but it will be at the behest of the Shooters and Fishers Party; Marine parks scrapped, National Parks become open for Duck season and conurbation from Sydney to Coolie. A bad moon risin' for all except Kuring-gai...

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 pm

booradley wrote: Only if Barry can resist the "white shoe brigade" who'll be bashing down his door with all sorts of offers. Personally, I think we're in for an extension of the Tony Kelly planning regime but it will be at the behest of the Shooters and Fishers Party; Marine parks scrapped, National Parks become open for Duck season and conurbation from Sydney to Coolie. A bad moon risin' for all except Kuring-gai...
Duck season.... :shock: :?:
It's Wabbit season, not duck season.

Who votes for the fcuking shooters party?
(It's always wabbit season)
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:26 pm

TrevG wrote: Does this help you johnno?

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-na ... 1cwq2.html
Not for Hearns Lake as that will need to be settled in the Land and Environment court (as we all know that can only be fought on the process the Dept of Planning has taken to approve it) and is listed for hearing today.

But hopefully it will stop the other 2 coastal developments from going ahead.

All I can say re what is happening in your area is to try and get as many ppl involved in opposing the development as you can and it might just surprise you who comes on board.

Just remember the nosiest wheel gets the most grease ................ :wink:

One quick question >>>>> was Kristina Keneally's husband part of Nathan Rees team when he was premier ????

Shame ICAC is being disbanded .............. :arrow:

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:37 am

Legion wrote:That's all we can hope for. Unfortunately there's been consistent opposition but no results. One survey of local residents was something like 96% against development a few years back. The current petition has 14,000 signatures against according to the local paper.

Most recent development (no pun intended) is the local council is investigating taking the state government to the Supreme Court.
Don't take the foot off the peddle have as many ppl email council to show support for what they want to do and email State Government to show your objection.

The more emails the more they will listen ........... :wink:

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 am

Having worked on both sides of the fence, I'd suggest writing an old-fashioned letter to the minister.
They have to provide a written response to them, it pisses off the new fellas in the department who have to write the letters (used to be me :) ) but it raises the profile.
Petitions don't typically mean squat, unless they are big enough to get media coverage...

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

A posting from Rod McKelvey on the 22/4/2011

It’s been a few weeks since we last heard from the Hearnes Lake protesters, but information has come to light which once again shows up the sorry tale of associations and acquaintances that was Labors Part 3A Planning process.

For those wishing to listen, Frank Sartor confirmed on ABC’s Lateline what we already knew: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/ ... 176118.htm

And the stench in the air as you drive past the Hearnes Lake on the Pacific Highway is Part 3A.

Like an elephant in the cupboard, with obscene donations to the Labor Party machine.

The expectation of course is Part 3A approvals. That’s why developers could arrogantly say “that CHCC and/or community don’t stand a chance stopping this development”.

Unfortunately the ones left to deal with the mess are the families and communities who watched developments go ahead where they never should have.

Peter Darby says it’s all a friendly local family affair, rubbish the sorry trail went all the way to the Premiers Office. So let’s have a look:

Stephen Hosking (Sydney, North Shore) and Mr John Oliver (Bluegrass Nominees Pty Ltd, Brownsville/South Wollongong).

Bilal Yassine: (Now Sandy Shores Project Manager).

· Project Officer Sandy Shores.

· Sydney NSW Property Consultants Pty Ltd. Company never registered but named as proponent in Consent Document signed by Minister Kelly.

· Sydney NSW Property Consultants, started 21 June 2006 – ceased 23 Sept 2009.

· Landcorp Consultants Pty Ltd, started 2 Feb 2006 – ceased Feb 2009.

Talal Yassine, OAM:

· Stepped aside for Labor pre-selection in Auburn in Sept 2001 (just BEFORE Sept 11), in favour of Barbara Perry. Liberal party demanded the same of their high-profile Muslim lawyer who wanted pre-selection but who stood aside in favour of another Christian female. A (very funny account of it here : http://newmatilda.com/2007/01/24/funny-guy-year)

· CEO of Crescent Investments Australasia Pty Ltd which is developing a Shariah-compliant wholesale property trust that is “in discussions with Bilal Yassine” to assist with the trust. http://www.crescentinvestments.com.au/m ... &Itemid=57

· Chief Commercial Officer of Better Place Australia, a company that was in the news for giving Ben Keneally (Kristina Keneally’s husband) $1million in shares two days after he left his job in Premier’s and Cabinet and while she was Minister for Planning in 2009. Better Place has seemingly had preferential access to the government to provide electricity recharging stations.

Better Place packs a war chest after raising about $700 million in venture capital in the past two years, including $25 million from local investors Lend Lease, AGL and RACV. http://www.smh.com.au/business/electric ... 1d471.html CEO is Evan Thornley, former State Labor MP and a founder of GetUp.

Right from the start when the Hearnes Lake ‘Sandy Shores’ development was lodged DoP did not like it, did not like the people involved. That sentiment has prevailed through a succession of Ministers until Tony Kelly gave it Concept Approval on Dec 20.

Charles Hill (Planning Workshop Australia) stated at CHCC DCP meeting Sandy Beach School back in 2005 “that CHCC and/or community don’t stand a chance stopping this development”. How can they be that confident?

Never-the-less a succession of Ministers, Knowles, Sartor and Keneally all had major reservations about developing Hearnes Lake because of the constraints – a letter on file in the Minister’s Office said as much.

Pressure came to bear when Keneally took advisors from Planning Ministers Office to Premiers Dept. and approvals started to flow. Previously Keneally (as Planning Minister) had told Jack Thompson that she agreed that Hearnes Lake area was severely constrained and should not be developed. After Kelly approved the BBK development at Hearnes Lake, Keneally (as Premier) simply apologised to Jack Thompson saying ‘she was very sorry’ adding she would not be reviewing it.

A succession of DoP staff and senior staff also have all indicated they were concerned about developing the Hearnes Lake area.

Bill (Bilal) Yassine rang me on lunchtime December 27, the day one of my letters was published in the Advocate. The tone very threatening/bullying suggesting financial ruin and talking trash about what council did or didn’t have in regard to studies on Hearnes lake. Would not repeat his surname or divulge the telephone number.

A Sandy Beach resident was then threatened with losing his house by an investor saying “the people involved just love taking everything people like you own”.

Bilal Yassine rings me again on February 23, 2011 after open letter to Richard Pearson, DoP published, angrily saying: “Rod, Bill Yassine, we’ve had a gutful we’re going to sue”

Richard Pearson DoP, in an unprecedented move, writes three Letters to the Editor endeavouring to justify the Dept’s Concept Approval, all very weak excuses. Largely based on statements saying the approval is in line with the MNCRS and the area defined as a growth area but …

Check Map Page 52 Mid North Coast Regional Strategy Growth Areas, Coffs Harbour.

“Growth Areas show the boundaries of urban areas and as such identify both existing and proposed urban areas.
Not all land identified within the Growth Area can be developed for urban areas. All sites will be subject to more detailed investigations to determine capability and future yield. Land that is subject to significant natural hazards and or environmental constraints will be excluded from development.”

The DCP came into force on December 7, 2005. Detailed investigations had limited the developable footprint to an area which would have accommodated some 35 allotments. This was communicated to the current owners before they purchased the property.

Terry Flannigan (a former Kelly advisor) contacted us in January 2011 requesting a meeting because he wanted to help. He wanted a briefing from us, so he could help us fight the appalling decision to develop Hearnes Lake.

We met with him Monday, January 10 and Monday, January 17. He was consulting Mike Fleming (another Kelly advisor) in between.

Flannigan’s tone changed dramatically over this short period from passionately supporting our stand, telling us he would meet directly with Kelly and had planned to write a stinging anti-Hearnes Lake development letter to the Advocate focusing on financial matters, to telling us that if we don’t stop inferring there has been corruption (the word had never been previously mentioned) he’d distance himself from us forthwith.

Flannigan also stated if we ever mentioned these conversations he’d deny they ever happened, which was a bit strange given that all the conversations took place at a private residence, with three individuals who would swear on oath that he did attend the meetings.

Flannigan, Jenny Bonfield and Gavin Smithers met with Mike Fleming (another Kelly advisor, not Kelly as promised) at the Ministers Office Wednesday, January 19. The message they got was nothing had been done wrong, it was Council’s issue because they held up the LEP and there was an existing use problem.

Mike Fleming then advises Flannigan that Yassine is known to the DoP and that DoP have endured four years of harassment.

The land has been zoned since 1988. They have existing use rights.

Council apparently at fault, and the problem is there. Someone is responsible for not completing the LEP (despite a letter to council from Chris Wilson DoP 7.7.06 recommending council do not proceed with LEP amendments) Sartor said DoP weren’t happy about the developers or the development, but they had an existing use problem.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 am

"FRANK SARTOR: Well - look, that's a good question. That's one that I agonised about many times. I had many ethical dilemmas about whether to resign or leave or whatever, but you take the view that you're part of a team and you're there for the long haul. There were times when I was Planning Minister and party officials were collecting obscene donations and I later discovered it and it was making my job impossible. I think ...

ALI MOORE: But you didn't speak up.

FRANK SARTOR: Well I did internally. I did. I refused to go to some fundraisers. I did a lot of things internally. People never saw that. I mean, what got rid of me as planning minister were the developers. They were angry because they weren't obviously getting what they thought in their heads they were going to get. The developers were my real enemies. People out there thought it was the local community members. It was actually the developers."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/smitten- ... -f5cz.html

Slimy attempted rewriting of history, working on a biography? :roll: