Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lessormore
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by lessormore » Sat May 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Hatchman wrote:Gunnamatta

Got better as the tide filled it and smoothed out the swell. Was a modest 2 - 3 foot, nothing special.

Left the Hatch (no pun intended) on the car open as I reversed into the garage when I got home. Smashed the fcuk out of it and now I have a $500 excess bill and most likely a two week wait for the car. If the Demons lose in the footy today I'm not going to be a nice person to be around. Fuck. :evil:
Now, which one were you driving again? The red one or the blue one? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sat May 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Glassy 2-3' beachbreaks peaks on the Northern part of the Sunnt coast.
Went home very happy.
Watched the channel 7 surf report on the news which showed wind blown dribble on the Goldie. :shock:
Ha, fuggin ha! :P
The Sunny coast was better. :wink:
Rare and beautiful event to be cherished and put away in the memory. :arrow:
Only a rat can win the rat race.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat May 29, 2010 8:25 pm

it was 4 ft and pretty bloody good out front around lunch 8)

so i went and rescued digger from domestic duty and drove to the island :idea:

which was dead flat :cry: ( why do i drive away from good waves :x :x :x :x :cry: :oops: )

but we stop off on the way back and both got some barrels on a new beachie i hadn't surf b4 :lol:

the big ? is the swell builoding? or droping?

p.s fuck it was hollow 8)
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Fcuk yeah! It was pumping this arvo.

Surfed a spot that usually doesn't agree with S swells, but it was wedging and bowling beautifully.

Fong, never drive S on a S swell. Unless of course your going to one of the Islands, or beyond the border. BTW saw your dog on TV the other night, poor things lousy with flea's!

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sat May 29, 2010 10:41 pm

lessormore wrote: Now, which one were you driving again? The red one or the blue one? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Most likely the blue :x
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat May 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Hope the swell holds in as I gotta return fongs mower tommorow arvo and reckon a surf could be the go :lol: Man was it hollow today, great finding a new break and will be checking that spot regulary from now on, shallow and hollow, oh yeah. :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 am

tiger wrote:Fcuk yeah! It was pumping this arvo.

Surfed a spot that usually doesn't agree with S swells, but it was wedging and bowling beautifully.

Fong, never drive S on a S swell. Unless of course your going to one of the Islands, or beyond the border. BTW saw your dog on TV the other night, poor things lousy with flea's!
The irony of this is I'd just done a run south of the border Thur night and the waves I surfed Friday morning were no where near as good as the waves I scored yesterday arvo at "the street".
Must say I didn't go as far as the ox or Ballina so obviously my fault.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 am

Scored a number of good waves yesty morning bit I reckon the arvo session wouldve been all time, sadly the duties of a father come first :(
from dawn it was decent albeit suffering the effects of risdual chop but as the day progressed Huey got the iron out and smoothed the wrinkles out
the arvo would've been epic

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun May 30, 2010 11:31 am

nah gibber, this morning was epic.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 pm

for you cockroaches maybe...
but its next to flat up here this morning :cry: \

So where'd ya surf then Nick?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun May 30, 2010 12:20 pm

gibber wrote:for you cockroaches maybe...
but its next to flat up here this morning :cry: \
and for most of the coming week................. :cry: :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun May 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Twas a froth-tacular prospect yesterday morning for the local left with northerlies and a SE swell that was kicking like a mule with a strong tail-end pulse.
The sovereign debt/resource rent super tax was being discussed by Geraldine Doogue on Radio National. It was pissing down.
A blaze of green flashed across my peripheral vision and smashed into the corner of the windscreen, and then went cartwheeling in the air into the opposite gutter.

I hit the brakes and ran across the road, a scaly-breasted lorikeet was being swept down the gutter into the drain. I scooped the mass of feathers up and wrapped it in an old shirt.
It's eyes were open but it wasn't moving. I was almost overcome with grief and heavy heartedness as I lay the little parrot on the seat : I have alway loved birds and parrots in particular. To be responsible for the death of one was almost too much to bear. He let out a plaintive little squawk and tried to lift his head; that was a good sign. His neck wasn't broken.

I headed home to call the local wildlife rescue. My daughter was gentle and understanding: an injured animal can bring out the depths of compassion in the human heart. The little fellow squawked a bit more loudly and started to stir. He was reviving! I opened the shirt and he almost took my head off as he flew off in a raucous flash of colour and joyful noise, straight out the open door.
A flock of noisy rainbow lorikeets or the gentle pairing and swooping flight of Rosellas are the reason I could never live in Europe, where I found the architecture and history insufferably drab and sepulchrous. I'd rather parrots than all the romantic or Modern architecture of Barcelona, all the jazz clubs of Chicago, all the indie-folk rock bands of Brooklyn or any kind of human endeavour or cultural artifact.

Back to the surf mission. The left was slabbing on a shallow outside sandbar, raining, deserted and wobbly with too much swell. Hellfire and damnation, it sure was bigger than it looked, with nasty close-outs, random wedges and a dirty great rip scything through the line-up and dragging great plumes of sandy water out towards the South Pacific. I tried to calculate the mental anguish and loneliness of sitting right out there in the rain, next to a river-mouth in the hunt for a few left tubes.
Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk. I was hopping from foot to foot, wishing for a mini- ultra crowd to show up.
Maybe a desperate back-end pro with pimply filmer in tow to scan the line-up.

I abandoned the mission. Come back later, with the offshore went the self-justification. With people.

back home to read the Fin Review like a good, broke surf bum does, to keep abreast of investment opportunities.
Time passed pleasantly.
Suddenly the sun came out. I checked the BOM wind obs for Ballina.......fcuk, the wind swung WNW an hour ago. Damm you Huey.

I decided to paddle the river this time, on a SUP with the board as a passenger. As I launched I saw a heart wrenching sight. The River was full of sea-run mullet. With a full moon last night and a westerly wind, pressure change and heavy rain all acting in concert nothing could be more conducive to a full scale mullet run and associated feeding frenzy. I had a brief moment of hesitation and then launched. I paddled it in one hit at about a notch off a full sprint, with my eyes mostly closed and counting out the stokes in batches of fifty.

Climbed the wall and jogged out to the end. The surf was very similar, random wedges exploding along the bank line, which was way the fcuk out the back. The surf and rip running out to it was teeming with sea mullet. I mean couldn;t jam in another fish, walk across their back teeming.
No-one out.
Alway the same: a lank-haired scuzz bucket on an old bicycle trying to sell you a bag of weed to finance his heroin habit and a ripe stench from discarded bait bags and a rotting bag of drowned kittens washed up into the wall.
It was ominous.
Mutherfcuker.
You coulda got spat out of a barrell or you coulda got chomped by a bull shark before you'd even got out the back and bled to death on the beach while the local heroin addict rode back to the caravan park to call the chopper.
You can see the wheezy old cnut with his tote box full of leaf and tip bags bunjeed to the old tredly, getting about 500m down the corrugations before giving up whilst a grown man lays with a death rattle on his lips, whispering his children's names while the blood-soaked sand slowly increased in circumference around him, forming a kind of halo.
For the second time that day I turned tail and fled without a go-out.
Back across the river, without stopping.

The surf window was closing, I'd promised to take my daughter roller skating.
One last check.
A spot was barrelling off it's guts, like a good day at Off The Wall and the Le-Ba boys had it well stitched up. Ballina boys know how to get shacked.
It was sick.
Back home I noticed in the local rag that there was a film festival in the Bay : of Queer cinema.
Whilst I'm not a fan of the genre I thought it might make a good counterpoint to the general life and death manly ocean adventures of the day, a sort of cultural leavening to being part of the food chain.
But once again the QLD blood won out and we went to the R'ey and had a few schooners with the blue rinse set.
Burp.
http://www.vimeo.com/12144565
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Sun May 30, 2010 5:12 pm

steve shearer wrote:The left was slabbing on a shallow outside sandbar, raining, deserted and wobbly with too much swell. Hellfire and damnation, it sure was bigger than it looked, with nasty close-outs, random wedges and a dirty great rip scything through the line-up and dragging great plumes of sandy water .......

I tried to calculate the mental anguish and loneliness of sitting right out there in the rain, next to a river-mouth in the hunt for a few left tubes.

Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk. I was hopping from foot to foot, wishing for a mini- ultra crowd to show up.
Pretty much my exact morning, except I paddled out .. and got smashT, rolled, held, worked and very, very barrelled.

Round the corner to the dragon in laws tonight for a nice warm Rogan Josh and then bed to absolutely pass out.

Big day.

Btw Shearer, always really like your little video edits.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun May 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Big fcuken day of surfing today for anyone in the Sydney region.

Northy must have been off its face. I surfed various waves in my local area. Late arvo in the dead-glass-off by myself in heavy reef lefts was probly the highlight, but jeez there were a lot of good waves ridden today...a lot of boards snapped too I would guess.

I am not super popular at home after all that but what the hell. Re-set the Karma clock tomorrow. hot shower time.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 pm

Sick Puppys.

BTW I'd also include in that list of things which fare badly in comparison to the humble parrot : Bahaus and gothic architecture ;that ridiculuous German Pottery which is stinking up Dino's attic and which he pulls out when Carroll comes over for Chardonnays, Scandinavian furniture. but not surfboards.
If it came down to pulling the trigger on the last Parrot or surfboards I'm afraid I'd have to pull the trigger.
"Pieces of eight."

Damm that fetch was just out of our swell window.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun May 30, 2010 5:49 pm

^^^^
Latte land and surrounds was presenting some filthy shheeet up throughout the outgoing tide this arvo that's for sure. Damn phone wouldn't do it justice though. As good as it was, however intermittently, the mind goes nuts imagining sessions farther afield...

Good news for board repairers!

Shearer!! You've outdone yourself.
And the filum was beautiful too.
Though i'm left with the thought of how things may have panned out had Dane bound up the beach.

Regnis

Post by Regnis » Sun May 30, 2010 10:26 pm

steve shearer wrote:
I decided to paddle the river this time, on a SUP with the board as a passenger. As I launched I saw a heart wrenching sight. The River was full of sea-run mullet. With a full moon last night and a westerly wind, pressure change and heavy rain all acting in concert nothing could be more conducive to a full scale mullet run and associated feeding frenzy. I had a brief moment of hesitation and then launched. I paddled it in one hit at about a notch off a full sprint, with my eyes mostly closed and counting out the stokes in batches of fifty.
Am i reading this right? you paddled the river yest? maniac

i surfed sharps and snapped my favourite board. was a great arvo until this moment

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm

paddled out,
paddled in again
rocked off,
boogied in