marshall islands

Wondering if there are surfable waves someplace you've never visited? Or have you had an injury and want to compare experiences? Do it here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, Forum Moderators

daltz

marshall islands

Post by daltz » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:22 pm

http://www.janeresture.com/marshalls/Ma ... landsa.jpg

just found out a friend of the family does tours for fishing on the islands, obviously there's potential for waves but can anyone sustantiate :?:
do the seppo's keep a close eye on things around there or is it business as usual for the islanders.
any feedback crew?

stuey

Post by stuey » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:03 pm

There are waves. Obviously. Aint sayin more tho.

daltz

Post by daltz » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:31 pm

sweet as pie. stueye 8)

daltz

Post by daltz » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:01 pm

well it turns out the old girl has had a brain explosion and got the
marshal islands pacific ocean
confused with mackerel island indian ocean
poor old thing, never mind.

so excuse me, let's try again. what about the area around ningaloo reef. off wa.
any waves?

daltz

Post by daltz » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:56 am

cool, thanks guard.
gonna plan a trip there next may, monkey mia for the chick and down to kalbarri and geraldton :shock:
http://www.discoverwest.com.au/pilbara.html
wild looking coast.
any feedback on what to expect around may. swell, weather etc

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:03 pm

loadsa good waves around Geralton. Too bloody many people at Kalbarri. Gnarloo is defintely worth the effort. Satyed around that area for 3 months, twaz Fargin roastin hot but the waves were good. Always wonderin whats under yar feet.

daltz

Post by daltz » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:12 pm

how'd ya get around stui, have your own or hire. what about ya sticks, gets the same swell as indo so i'm gonna work on that principle.
i hear internal flights in wa are pretty exy too.

wayback
regular

Post by wayback » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:04 pm

Gnarloo is definitely the go.

Go long and narrow on the boards - you'll be going straight and fast down the line.

You need a 4X4, a tent and provisions.

And to Stuey's point, don't look down while you're waiting for a wave.

daltz

Post by daltz » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:01 pm

sweet wb. water shouldn't be too cold i suspect and sounds like the dive knife on the ankle could be an option. in the interest of self-preservation :lol:

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:37 pm

North West of WA has some awesome waves. When wayback says take supplies, take absolutely everything you need... food, water, medical kit, tent, fishing rods, footy etc.. everything. The waves up Gnarloo way shouldn't be taken lightly however as your a long long bumpy ride from help if anything happens. Getting towards the end of the season though so you want to be going sooner rather than later.

As for Kalbarri, good waves to be had there and plenty of waves in the Geraldton region. Having said that most of the waves in the region or heavy and unforgiving so just make sure you know what you doing. Apart from that charge hard of get some of the waves of your life.

stuey

Post by stuey » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:16 pm

I got around the first time in an old HG wagon, second time in a hilux surf.
I could go on and on about the probs experienced with the HG but will wait till another time. Yep, ya gotta bring everythin. Take some fishin rods for sure-easy feed. I dunno much about these days, but the first time I went over there the milk trucks often broke down on the way up from down past Perth. They freeze the stuff there. Wen the truck gets knackered, so does the milk-just you dont know dat till it unfreezes. Take plenty o water and milk powder for ya tea. Emu tastes better out there by the way, and watch out for the joe blakes and those land shrimps with stingers hangin over their freakin backs! Ya'II need a freakin great big hammer and pegs(for ya tent) like railway spikes the ground is so hard.
Some bloody nice people over there-well there used ta be.