SIC

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

SIC

Post by Revolution » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:09 pm

This is a pretty interesting...

http://ibaworldtour.com/news/231-shark- ... world-tour
“ If you surf in this event you will be sitting out of the IBA World Tour for 12 months from the date of the breach”
Im sure marcus will have an opinion on this??

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Re: SIC

Post by Kunji » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm

What a joke. It was the best comp of the IBA. So the all the pros who hunt the title will not enter. That includes Hardy who won the Pipe comp. No internationals will bother to fly over either. The SIC will just be locals and aussie freesurfers. Which is still good to see, just the big names wont be there.

Why is there so much tinkering with the draw every year? And why is there so many beachies in the tour? I know that where they are eg. Brazil, Portugal etc are huge bodyboarding countries and draw a crowd to the beach, but surely the crowd at the beach isnt the biggest part of a comp?

There should be a Tahiti comp, Cloud 9, some Indo comp, Shark island, some WA comp either the Box or one of "those" bombies, Chillie, Canaries and Pipe. That will lift the competition side of our sport heaps. Looks good for media as well.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

CRACKERS
regular

Post by CRACKERS » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm

The thing is Europe eg Portugal has some sick reefs and some REALLY sick beachies eg Supertubos and Nazare....they just hold it at a crap time of year in an area that doesnt have very good waves...its not even far to the good waves but they try and keep it close to Lisbon i guess.

The Dan
Local

Post by The Dan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Terrible!!! The SIC was the one major event that Bodyboarding here in Australia could point to and say
" this is why we do what we do".

IBA credability slipping slipping to .......GOB slopfest.......bring back the three event super tour.... :(

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am

Revolution wrote: Im sure marcus will have an opinion on this??
not really, mark fordham would, its his baby.
i just like riding it when no one is around

if it was news about reserving car spaces for people that are going to ride it on big days, then ill be interested, all these people standing around looking at it and the people trying to ride it cant get a car park. :x
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"