Cheapo BB's for short time use? ( 2-3 months )?

Tribal discussions for bodyboarders only.

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, sandonpoint, Forum Moderators

Beerfan

Cheapo BB's for short time use? ( 2-3 months )?

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Im a stand up, but my elbow is fu&ked at the moment, but i still want to get out there. Are the cheapo bb's any good for an 85kg bloke, who wants to use it for 6-12weeks?. Im talking the sideways cheapo's ( i did say cheapo haha ). I can paddle ok, but i can;t pop to my feet, so thought i might BB for a while. Purely for fitness, i dont expect to be doing any rad moanouvers, just being out there and getting waves

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Re: Cheapo BB's for short time use? ( 2-3 months )?

Post by Revolution » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Depends how cheap your looking?

These are some suitable boards for under 200

http://bodyboarders.sitesuitestores.com ... 1107146887

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:42 pm

for two hunge you should get Nomad Faction crescent in a 42"!! insanely well priced boards mainly cuz it uses beaded pp which is gonna give you that bit more stiffness and buoyancy that you'll need- especially seen as you are used paddling a stick.... but buy flippers!! buy a shit board if you have to keep it in a budget too allow yourself some kicks- 49 bungholes is all you need for a set of Limiteds/Stealth.

is 250 more than you wanted to flog out for a boog and kicks?

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:22 pm

i've got a 42 inch bat tail hot buttered you, or anybody else, can have it for $25. i'm moving and just need to clear stuff out. it's in good condition, but is a bit of a dog.
i can drop it off near any of the southern beaches. i'll also be over at curl curl on saturday afternoon.