Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 43381
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:31 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
Probably killer haggis too.
Wrong Keltic Homeland Offie.

User avatar
offshore1
Duke Status
Posts: 13791
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by offshore1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:44 pm

I know it's a Scotland dish beans, it sounds hilarious .

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15871
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 pm

What’s your opinions of black pudding?
Erase.

User avatar
offshore1
Duke Status
Posts: 13791
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by offshore1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 pm

The Mighty Sunbird wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 pm
What’s your opinions of black pudding?
That it matters.
Been held down by white pudding hegemony for far too long.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8081
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:45 am

White pudding matters.
marauding mullet wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:57 pm

….this was pushing off the wall not diving in.

...running out of breath underwater hasn’t been an issue. Not too bad for a 62 y/o who surfs irregularly.

User avatar
Cranked
Duke Status
Posts: 10734
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:58 am

offshore1 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:54 pm
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 pm
What’s your opinions of black pudding?
That it matters.
Been held down by white pudding hegemony for far too long.
"White Pudding Hegemony!".... the rallying cry of the oppressed for the 2020 decade.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 19367
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by alakaboo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:03 am

White pudding hegemony is the noise Grooter makes when he falls over while gardening.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8081
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:09 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 pm
I just stumbled across some quite interesting wave buoy data. steve can probably help you with the technicalities if you're struggling iggy.

Port Kembla, Australia:

- Mean Hsig 1974-2009 - 1.58m
- Maximum Hsig - 8.43m

Sydney, Australia:

- Mean Hsig 1987-2009 - 1.63m
- Maximum Hsig - 8.43m

South Pembrokeshire, Wales:

- Mean Hsig 1994-2014 - 1.63m
- Maximum Hsig - 11.0m
Highlights from the Welsh National titles. They tried bloody hard in these peak conditions. A+ for effort.

Watch WELSH NATIONALS 2019 on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/335373863
Last edited by Thud on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marauding mullet wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:57 pm

….this was pushing off the wall not diving in.

...running out of breath underwater hasn’t been an issue. Not too bad for a 62 y/o who surfs irregularly.

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8081
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:10 pm

5 long surfs in a row. I’m done for a day or two. It’s been pretty good here.
marauding mullet wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:57 pm

….this was pushing off the wall not diving in.

...running out of breath underwater hasn’t been an issue. Not too bad for a 62 y/o who surfs irregularly.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 29687
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Thud wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:09 pm
godsavethequeen wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 pm
I just stumbled across some quite interesting wave buoy data. steve can probably help you with the technicalities if you're struggling iggy.

Port Kembla, Australia:

- Mean Hsig 1974-2009 - 1.58m
- Maximum Hsig - 8.43m

Sydney, Australia:

- Mean Hsig 1987-2009 - 1.63m
- Maximum Hsig - 8.43m

South Pembrokeshire, Wales:

- Mean Hsig 1994-2014 - 1.63m
- Maximum Hsig - 11.0m
Highlights from the Welsh National titles. They tried bloody hard in these peak conditions. A+ for effort.

Watch WELSH NATIONALS 2019 on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/335373863

Awesome find.

I like the various array of squid lids.


Also, Godsave if you are using the above data to bolster your argument it shows you don't understand the concept "swell window".
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
Thud
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8081
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:30 pm

My favourite was the straight leg back hand attack. To be fair the conditions didn’t help the poor lad.
marauding mullet wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:57 pm

….this was pushing off the wall not diving in.

...running out of breath underwater hasn’t been an issue. Not too bad for a 62 y/o who surfs irregularly.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15788
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:42 pm

That must be langentihltlg or whatever it’s called. Gentle sloping sandbanks stretching out for hundreds of metres with crumbling tiddlers rolling in. The electric guitars helped spice things up but !
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm
scant swell window
Beanpole wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm
I would definitely ride that wave in the pic.......if I was stuck in Wales.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
godsavethequeen
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7838
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by godsavethequeen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:45 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:04 pm


Awesome find.

I like the various array of squid lids.


Also, Godsave if you are using the above data to bolster your argument it shows you don't understand the concept "swell window".
Sure I do. But what the above data show is that even though we may or may not have a tighter swell window than NSW, the amount of swell that arrives is the same.
Hatchnam wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Waist high grovel, mostly shutting down.

User avatar
godsavethequeen
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 7838
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by godsavethequeen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm

It’s freshwater west btw iggy. The beach they used in the Harry Potter film. Think they dressed up this seaweed drying hut as the shell house or something

Image
Hatchnam wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Waist high grovel, mostly shutting down.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15788
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Nice. Looks like any number of good winter or autumn days we get here.
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm
scant swell window
Beanpole wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm
I would definitely ride that wave in the pic.......if I was stuck in Wales.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 15871
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Looks like Bondi at high tide
Erase.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER
Posts: 43381
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Button Factory

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Better banks.

User avatar
Hatchnam
Duke Status
Posts: 15788
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Actually looks like south maroubra on a south east groundswell.
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm
scant swell window
Beanpole wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm
I would definitely ride that wave in the pic.......if I was stuck in Wales.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests