Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Thud
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:38 pm

That looks fun. Nice dims
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm
I grew up with Sikhs, Thudster.
Quoted from the book “A serendipitous life. Bean there, done that”

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:54 pm

buddy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:47 pm
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:37 pm
Deets
On the board?
On Iggy’s arm length.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:30 am

Well he can get them around a thick Phil Myers board

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:01 pm

Crescent this morning for the early before leaving. Nice swell direction and more size before the NE came up. Very crowded and breaking very fast right through. Got a few but had a few drop ins as well. You had to gun it the whole way.

Looked like most of Sydney was travelling North out of town today and every second car had surfboards on top.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Thud
Duke Status

Post by Thud » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Is Crescent over rated? It’s a nice set up but from a surfing point of view I’ve always found it small and busy, all the way to Plommer.
Beanpole wrote:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Yes, definitely. Lucky you have always caught it small. That's the best indicator of any places potential. I worked with a guy years ago who went there and then told me how over rated it was. Asked him if the point was breaking and he said it wasn't.

So yeah, it is. Just like Noosa and The Pass really. It's the only place I ride my mal and I really enjoy riding it there. Good on a fish too. Tends to be frustrating on a hps.
Speaking of crowded....just went down for a swim at Bronte.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:23 pm

You can get fun clean peaks to yourself on the back beach while there’s 20-30 surfing 1ft onshore dross on the point.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Got some crackers yesterday.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Thud
Duke Status

Post by Thud » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:10 pm

I’ve had fun surf at Lime Burners.

Agree, I’ll be there in June and will be taking a 9’4, yet to purchased.
Beanpole wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Yes, definitely. Lucky you have always caught it small. That's the best indicator of any places potential. I worked with a guy years ago who went there and then told me how over rated it was. Asked him if the point was breaking and he said it wasn't.

So yeah, it is. Just like Noosa and The Pass really. It's the only place I ride my mal and I really enjoy riding it there. Good on a fish too. Tends to be frustrating on a hps.
Speaking of crowded....just went down for a swim at Bronte.
I've only surfed Crescent once. On the Tuesday after the Australia Day weekend in 1967, during Cyclone Dinah which was still cat 1 as it moved put into the Pacific east of Newcastle.
Caught 3 ,massive long clean waves. As I've said here before they were triple overhead and by far the biggest waves I ever rode. In those days I was comfortable in double overhead Kirra before any groynes.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Dinah caused severe damage at Heron Island initially from inundation from large NE swells and a day later from winds. It recurved and passed over Sandy Cape which recorded a central pressure of 944.8 hPa and high water 10 metres above normal.

Sheeeit!
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:01 pm

I've had some excellent overhead waves there over the years.

This week offered some excellent entertainment watching hipsters with new trad mals deciding to try and go out half way to the point or even straight off the car park. There is absolutely no sand there at the moment and the rocks go on for ever.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:01 pm
I've had some excellent overhead waves there over the years.

This week offered some excellent entertainment watching hipsters with new trad mals deciding to try and go out half way to the point or even straight off the car park. There is absolutely no sand there at the moment and the rocks go on for ever.
I don't know where the car park is now but I had to scramble over a lot of rocks, not unlike alongside Nationals at Noosa.
Beanpole

Skipper

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:33 pm

One of my favourite things to do there is watching people paddle in and out at weird places.

I don’t know why people don’t just watch others for 5-10 min to see how it’s done.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Cranked wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:58 pm
Dinah caused severe damage at Heron Island initially from inundation from large NE swells and a day later from winds. It recurved and passed over Sandy Cape which recorded a central pressure of 944.8 hPa and high water 10 metres above normal.

Sheeeit!
It was a doozy.

We had to circle up into the Hills to access Kempsey. Then drove through pretty much foot deep water on the way out to Crescent. Thankfully my Veedub never missed a beat.

Back in Brisbane, Cribbb Island where the airport is now, was swamped completely. And Fingal was isolated.
Beanpole

Skipper

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:36 pm

buddy wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:33 pm
One of my favourite things to do there is watching people paddle in and out at weird places.

I don’t know why people don’t just watch others for 5-10 min to see how it’s done.
Haha. Yep.
Beanpole

Skipper

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:36 pm

There's a couple of jump offs out the end that are reasonably well defined. Actually tons of sand on the beach right next to the rocks at the moment. The little beach on the other side of the Nobb actually had sand for the first time I can remember.

Saltwater is another classic. I know I don't have the end jump off down but I know where to definitely not go out.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?