What board would you like to own ?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

platty
regular

What board would you like to own ?

Post by platty » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:20 pm

If you had a choice of any longboard.

What would you like to own the most?

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:23 pm

I think it would have to be out of

an old 1966 Bing Nuuhiwa noserider
9'4 Diamond tail Joel Tudor surfboard
Alex Knost model Robert August surfboard

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:25 pm

Platty that is a bastard of a question. There are too many. Depends on the mood i am in. here goes..

a handshape following a good conversation from any of the following: MR, Rawson, Brewer, Hynson, Reno, Lopez, Takayama, Simon A, Mctavish, Greenough, Wayne Deane.. ..the list is too long.

problem is that rex , link, paul & my brother jim who have made all my boards in recent years are such a versatile bunch of shapers that i really don't need to consider anyone else!

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:44 am

I'm loving the board I'm riding at the mo', so I'm sorted for my log riding, but on my wishlist is:

Wegener Flow (8' - after coasties post I'd love to get my hands on one)
Skip Frye fish;
McCoy Nugget (7' - don't know whether I should opt for the single fin or thruster set up tho')

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:40 am

All I want (relevant to longboarding) is a 9' plus custom 2+1 by Bondi Beach Longboards (local). A nice allround board balancing turning and trimming. Blue and white thanks.

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:52 pm

a 91 wingnut model rob augest.

Last edited by joshalohasurf on Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

coastie
Grommet

Post by coastie » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:24 pm

:? Platty that is a tough question ...

Some of Takayama's refined 60'd boards look awesome. I'd actually also like to try a board by Tyler Hatzekian from Calif. He is a peer of Tom Wegener - heavy soft railers and beautiful 70's singles.[www.hatzekian.com] I also can't wait to ride the McGrigor I am getting restored :-)[/url]

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:21 am

as im someone that cant ride a longboard as good as you guys, my oppinion doesnt count much, but it love to own an old redwood early 1900s slab, or a brewer gun.
maybe even a hollow dirferenderfer chambered balsa board

Simple Ben

Post by Simple Ben » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:28 am

Hey Marcus, nice boards but there is a big difference in wanting something to ride and having something to hang on the wall/prop up the house.

I reckon I would go for something about 9ft, with heaps of volume, lots of dings and weighs a ton. They are the kind of planks I have had the most fun on. I only ever ride them in tiny waves so not a great deal of performance going on there. Just something that can catch tiny waves and let me do a few spinners, quasimodos, caveman fire poses and the like. If it was a new one I would Probably go with one shaped by my brother Jim or maybe Tiki if i could get him out of retirement. Oh and definetely just the one fin.

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:46 pm

If i could have just one board, it would be around the 9'3 mark, a model t would do quite nicely.

If i could have one MORE board, it would be a ridiculously long, ridiculously heavy, ridiculousy traditional beast. Sounds ridiculously fun doesnt it?