Anyone ridden a Mackie side cut fish?

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

JET01
barnacle

Re: Anyone ridden a Mackie side cut fish?

Post by JET01 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 pm

We just don't have the waves in Sydney. Maybe some of the beaches and points down south would love a fish.
I'd love to get a 5'10 quad version and head up to seal rocks when number ones is on. Would be doing more roundhouses than Van Damme.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 pm

few boys on this site riding Mcneils in Sydney

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 pm

I've noticed that fish are making a comeback. Mick is shaping OS soon. Ryan Lovelace is flying him out - that means he's hit cult status. Well deserved. I remember seeing his lis style fish in Jackson's ten years back - that's where i demoed one. And i should of ordered a smaller one, but went down the McCoy path. The flex tail thing doesn't interest me - but a 5'2 EPS rocket fish with flat rocker does.
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Looks like a giant squid

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:10 pm

must be some issues with a "mermaid" tail

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Beerfan wrote:
batoes wrote:
JET01 wrote:
Hatchnam wrote:
Beerfan wrote:I fkukking totally want a bonzer egg.
There's a 7'0 on gumtree in almost mint nick but u might wanna talk him down from mid 9 hungee
If it was a 5 finned I'd have messaged him within minutes of it being posted the other day.

650's about right i reckon, especially with malcolm in town. I checked with Juan, you can get a clear newie for $930

He's asking too much - $650 for sure. I love the 3 fins variety of bonzer - plenty loose, but amazing drive.
It's a 3 fin?. My days of snap and slash are gone so 3 fin sounds great. Just need some spare cash and a stronger knee:)
I messaged the guy, and mentioned that Malcolm was in town and a new clear one was $930, still wants $800.
He has my details....

I still wish I hadn't seen that clip of Joel Tudor at pipe on one of them.... I'm hardly him, but it's a great advert for getting in early.

StayPuft

Post by StayPuft » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:07 am

Jesus, Jet, you're making me feel guilty. It happens that I own a bonzer egg 5 fin, 6'4" x 20 3/8" x 2 7/8". I don't surf it much, but I'm not quite ready to sell it yet, though I have considered it, particularly to raise funds for buying other temptations I come across. But I'm holding off to use it as a summer board this season, see if I can use it for grovelling.

It's a fair bit of volume for me and I struggle to duckdive it when the waves are solid, which is a shame coz I reckon it'd excel in solid waves at certain breaks, like the Farm. I want to get it back out there. I also have a bumblebee which I've been surfing in grovel range quite happily, so the egg might just wind up being redundant.

Anyway, where are you located? For some reason that I can't recall, I have the impression you're a bit south of Sydney? I get down to the Coal Coast whenever I'm free of a weekend, and down to Shellharbour every few months. I'm happy to let you know when I am to see if you're free to meet up and have a go, see if it's your dream board. Same goes if you're up Sydney way - I surf Maroubra and Cronulla. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a lend somewhere some time, I'd be happy to accommodate.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:54 am

I surf at Cronulla mostly.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:59 pm

i've had a go of StayPufts egg - too big for me - but still fun in waist high junk. I think it would excel in some chest to head high mystics...
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 pm

batoes wrote:i've had a go of StayPufts egg - too big for me - but still fun in waist high junk. I think it would excel in some chest to head high mystics...
StayPuft wrote:Jesus, Jet, you're making me feel guilty. It happens that I own a bonzer egg 5 fin, 6'4" x 20 3/8" x 2 7/8". I don't surf it much, but I'm not quite ready to sell it yet, though I have considered it, particularly to raise funds for buying other temptations I come across. But I'm holding off to use it as a summer board this season, see if I can use it for grovelling.

It's a fair bit of volume for me and I struggle to duckdive it when the waves are solid, which is a shame coz I reckon it'd excel in solid waves at certain breaks, like the Farm. I want to get it back out there. I also have a bumblebee which I've been surfing in grovel range quite happily, so the egg might just wind up being redundant.

Anyway, where are you located? For some reason that I can't recall, I have the impression you're a bit south of Sydney? I get down to the Coal Coast whenever I'm free of a weekend, and down to Shellharbour every few months. I'm happy to let you know when I am to see if you're free to meet up and have a go, see if it's your dream board. Same goes if you're up Sydney way - I surf Maroubra and Cronulla. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a lend somewhere some time, I'd be happy to accommodate.
We should move this to the bonzer thread.

However would like the extra length at Cronulla point when it gets a bit bigger.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 am

I start all threads knowing they will eventually end up a Bonzer thread or get hijacked by the McCoy freaks. And that's goodness.
Last edited by Davros on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:29 pm

I've never ridden a McCoy.

batoes
charger

Post by batoes » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

very nice Salty - what fins you using?
Hatchnam wrote:
Filthy little hipster.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Looks interestting Saltman. Do those twin pins flex?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Yeah, I find with my twins that unless its a pretty soft take off you have to get that rail set.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable