Hypto krypto review

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

nawgy1979

Hypto krypto review

Post by nawgy1979 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 am

What are people's thoughts on the Hypto ?
Been looking at them for a while here in the UK but not sure if they're a limitless over hyped.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Hypto krypto review

Post by petulance » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:28 am

Paging Hatchnam ...
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:05 pm

They're everywhere here in Australia. Can't comment personally as I haven't ridden one but I've ridden a couple of Hayden's other shapes (regular hp type shapes) & liked them a lot.

Wait & hear Igg's take on them or do a search as they've been briefly talked about in another thread. Maybe the 'Where did you surf today?' one.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:30 pm

nawgy1979 wrote:What are people's thoughts on the Hypto ?
Been looking at them for a while here in the UK but not sure if they're a limitless over hyped.
best board ever! just go buy one. everyone else is, so it must be great. don't think, just buy!
:-D-:
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

bondihq

Post by bondihq » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 am

yawn

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

I have a mate who rides one and loves it. He is an average surfer and likes the fact that he catches heaps of waves on it and can surf most coditions on it (except the FF technology does not like bumpy/ windy conditions).

I have another mate who tried one in his dimensions over the weekend. Again an avreage surfer. He said it sucked dogs balls and had way too much foam distributed up front for his liking. He could not understand what all the fuss was about.

Message is make up your own mind. You will either like it or you won't.

to me they look like they suit an average to below avearge surfer more than anything due to the increased volume in the front. So they should paddle and plane well.

The other question you need to answer is 'are you hip enough to ride one'?.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:05 pm

They look like a functional board. Whats the drama ... Hey I'm sure if you made one 7' long with a rounded nose and an hibiscus flower design on the deck ... even Iggy would ride one.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:18 pm

I reckon the rail is to low for the volume, it's like standing on a hill of foam. Dogs balls was my view. But some love em.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:48 pm

yeeeeessss TWom TWom. :roll: zzzzzz. are you in love with me or something. you seem fixated. :-?
so, tell us then. what do youuuuuuuuu ride ?? ............... no actually, dont.

FWIW, out of the swarming hordes that are riding HKs and failing terribly, there's one stand-out surfer in particular that i'll say can actually ride one properly. he's in his early 50's and mostly rides single fins. a stylish and cruisy surfer that draw nice lines. he understands how to ride his HK, by letting it just glide and swoop thru turns, and just lets the board go. doesn't try and force it. think it's a 6'0 or thereabouts.
Sniff wrote:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Gee Hatchy I thought you were describing me ......but I don't ride a hypto :-D-:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm

if you did though you'd probably know how to ride one as it's meant to be ridden, and have the experience to know what conditions it is and isn't going to work in for you.

anyways.. here's some other public opinions.
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surf ... purchases/
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surf ... to-Krypto/
Sniff wrote: