Makaha Manu, relentless glide

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Natho
barnacle

Re: Makaha Manu, relentless glide

Post by Natho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 am

You know Roy is going fast when the beard is pulled back behind his ears on each side.

Roy you need to add an orange cape to your suit. Then you will be flying.
I might come to NZ too. I reckon you, Steve and myself could all ride that thing at once. Yahooo.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

chrisb wrote:I thought you would stand out from a crowd but I noticed another orange man in the lineup. :shock:

What does 12-9 and 13-9 signify? Presume the 12 and 13 are length. How wide are those boards?

You sure seem to get some speed on those boards. :)
Hi Chris, that's just my lazy way of writing 12'9" and 13'9" ... just don't ask me why I picked those exact lengths as I'll never live down the answer.

Width wise the Dragon 13-9 is and Ghost 12 are 24" wide although I also do them at 23". The Makaha 12-9 is 27" wide, I've been making them at that width since 2002.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks Saltman.

Natho you are correct regarding the beard,and incorrect about riding 3 up.The cape's not a bad idea as long as it is photo shopped. If you show up here I'll eat my helmet,but not at one meal.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Well Roy I reckon you could get 3, but it sure will slow her up.
I will let you know if I head over. We can laugh at each others boards. I reckon you will shake your head at what I ride but at least we are all different. Right.
Granted you will probably go faster than me.