One for your Diary if you're into wood

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

One for your Diary if you're into wood

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: One for your Diary if you're into wood

Post by oldman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Would love to make a board out of wood.

Like working with wood and have some skills at it. Theoretically transferable to foam but I would love to have a wooden board that I made at home.

But I suspect the build method is an entirely different thing from foam, so I'd have to find someone who could train me up on methodology.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 pm

oldman wrote:Would love to make a board out of wood.

Like working with wood and have some skills at it. Theoretically transferable to foam but I would love to have a wooden board that I made at home.

But I suspect the build method is an entirely different thing from foam, so I'd have to find someone who could train me up on methodology.
Talk to kayu.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 am

All the information needed to build a wooden board is here at Tree to Sea.
http://www.grainsurf.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
It is now possible to make a HWS wooden board as strong as and the same weight as a foam equivalent with a 6 oz glass job.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Maybe the reason we haven't been graced with the grating prescence of Roy lately can be explained by this up and coming event.
For those familiar with the quirks of Roy you'll know he refuses to travel by air.
So maybe....just maybe he's currently stowed away on a tramp steamer somewhere inbetween Un zed and Bris Vegas with no interweb access.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:Maybe the reason we haven't been graced with the grating prescence of Roy lately can be explained by this up and coming event.
For those familiar with the quirks of Roy you'll know he refuses to travel by air.
So maybe....just maybe he's currently stowed away on a tramp steamer somewhere inbetween Un zed and Bris Vegas with no interweb access.
He's probably paddling across the ditch.
Beanpole

Skipper

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Fueled by a week old hagus, a handful of mung beans and the thought of a showdown with his Currumbin creek nemesis....Kayu. :shock:

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 am

Hmm not a bad story, haggis yes mung beans no.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Roy,
I'd pay money to see you let loose amongst the chips off the old block crew at this event.
Firsthand enlightment and the resulting consternation.
:D

spork
barnacle

Post by spork » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Hey Olds, check out my 'hollow biscuit' on the Board design/shaping/repairs page or click this link to see how I made mine. http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=19729
I'v also been dabbling in making boards out of old clunkers by ripping off the glass and laminating balsa onto the blank, only for wall hangers at the moment. You could make one if you have a few skills. PM me if you would like a copy of the manual.
When it gets to this level of self important stupidity I lose interest.
Roy Stewart

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Cuttlefish wrote:
Roy,

I'd pay money to see you let loose amongst the chips off the old block crew at this event.

Firsthand enlightment and the resulting consternation.

They'd be weeping into their beer...

How much would you pay? :wink:

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
They'd be weeping into their beer...

[/quote]Only one way to find that out Roy.. :lol: ....book your ticket ....I'll blow the dust off me 11ft speedrunner !
Last edited by kayu on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Actually Olds , I been working on a kit board for a few years now , and its finally getting near completion...one of our best local shapers is keen on being involved ( on the tuition side)....so I'll keep you posted !

carvin marvin
charger

Post by carvin marvin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 am

Kayu,
Will you be taking any of your boards or kits to the Wooden Surfboard day?

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 am

carvin marvin wrote:Kayu,
Will you be taking any of your boards or kits to the Wooden Surfboard day?
There's usually some there Marvin , but I don't get out that much myself , because I'm a social misfit......I'm usually in the workshop , if you're interested.......I don't think the kits will be available by that time.

kayu
Local

Post by kayu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 pm

fongss wrote:Let us know when u do have the kits ready

Sounds like a fun project do with the kids 8)
Will do Fong.. :)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm

kayu wrote:Actually Olds , I been working on a kit board for a few years now , and its finally getting near completion...one of our best local shapers is keen on being involved ( on the tuition side)....so I'll keep you posted !
Please do mate. A few years eh, now that's more in keeping with my sort of timetable, none of this turning it around in a bloody month business.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.