One for your Diary if you're into wood

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Re: One for your Diary if you're into wood

Post by oldman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:31 pm

spork wrote:Hey Olds, check out my 'hollow biscuit' on the Board design/shaping/repairs page or click this link to see how I made mine. http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=19729
I'v also been dabbling in making boards out of old clunkers by ripping off the glass and laminating balsa onto the blank, only for wall hangers at the moment. You could make one if you have a few skills. PM me if you would like a copy of the manual.
Done and done. Fine work spork, fantastic actually.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Jorgo
Local

Re: One for your Diary if you're into wood

Post by Jorgo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Being close enough to Currumbin I've be lucky over the last few years and can vouch for this being a real pleasurable experience to go along and look at the fine craftsmenship.
Oh secondary point - i was gonna post a pic or two in the Show us your Guns section my new board - but as I dont post pics regular like - I've forgotten what to do - any tips please :? I search on posting or uploading pics/photos and got no returns