Rebuilding the big 17

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Re: Rebuilding the big 17

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun May 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I've sold many boards and have many testimonials, if I post them feel free to ignore them using the usual excuse that they are not from pro surfers.

In fact my boards are very durable.

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Sun May 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:Any such research will show that Roy is a reasonable person who is insulted frequently on this forum and who expresses honest opinions.

Referring to yourself in the third person, Roy.

How very narcissistic. You love these forums, free publicity to flog your shit.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Glamarama wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:Any such research will show that Roy is a reasonable person who is insulted frequently on this forum and who expresses honest opinions.

Masochism (coming back for more) and coprosadism ( flogging shit).
Yes, they are your honest opinions. But a opinions need have no veracity.
Roy speaks for himself, to himself and about himself.
Some buy it, some don't, the normal fate of any opinion in the end.
It's all tilting at windmills!
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Glamarama wrote:

Only an uneducated person would say that, in fact using the third person is more polite, and more formal.

Of course the lower orders tend to assume, incorrectly, that formal modes of speech are pretentious, therefore 'narcissistic'.

Glamarama
regular

Post by Glamarama » Sun May 20, 2012 5:19 pm

glamarama thinks this to be roy's most stupid statement written. however glamarama has read some of roy's other statements and this may only be just as stupid as those.

glamarama also thinks that speaking of oneself in the third person is best left to 3 year olds.

Glamarama thinks one other point

Illeism can be used to reinforce self-promotion.
Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism.

Glamarama says google it, Roy.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun May 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Ye, verily, methinks roi should speak in medieval tones to quell the spectre of his hobbitishness.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun May 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Writing in the third person is more formal and impersonal as stated previously.

In addition Roy was brought up to write and speak as his elders did, and was lampooned for having a 'plum in his mouth' even when at primary school.

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun May 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Skipper feels sorry for Roy having become a surfer of the modern age channeling the spirit of a bygone era. You know, like a variation on the postcard....wish you were here. But more like - wish you were there! ....rather, like, you know, back then, like long ago. As in, get the fcuk back to another world or just fcuk off out of this one. Coz, seriously, with all that academic padding under your svelt belt, and a hideously magnified lack of a sense of humour, coupled with an unhealthy and oftentimes cloyingly churlish sense of self, bordering on pathologically self centred chronic egotism, your opinions on anything other than the current state of Roy's werld, woodwork, helmets, yellow steamers, waist high rollers and minibuses is , well , really just pointless. You can come off half baked, ranting and raving about the impropriety of a Shearer report, sighting disengenuity and poor form, or squawk half cocked about the temerity of a Carroll missive on any number of fronts, but the be all and end all Roy is that you just can't play the game. A little self effacement goes a hell of a long way on the internet.
Continue to play the honourable chav by all means. And, may i add, wear the slings and arrows of outrageous misappropriation with all the stoic Kiwi applommb you can muster under them skanky kaftans of yours.
But when all is sad and done you are Roy! And may the fortitude be with you.
Oh, and I hope your head gets better soon.

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Sun May 20, 2012 8:46 pm

It seems that Roy's humour is a tad too dry for your level of understanding. He makes no promise to lower himself through Ockerisation of his posts now or in the future.

:P

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Ockerisation huh?
Tout va bien.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 am

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Incorrect.

You're images are proof that they cannot withstand the forces that a garden variety Thai popout epoxy mini-mal can.

Poor workmanship
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Grooter wrote:
Roy_Stewart wrote:
Incorrect.

You're images are proof that they cannot withstand the forces that a garden variety Thai popout epoxy mini-mal can.

Poor workmanship
You don't know what the forces were, but don't let ignorance get in the way of your agenda.

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Mon May 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah but has anyone commented on the amount of stitches in the big fella's noggin? Jaysus!

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon May 21, 2012 2:31 pm

alakaboo wrote: You can drive a 2 tonne truck on the concrete in my driveway, doesn't mean it's seaworthy.
The truck or the drive, alakaboo?

Roy_Stewart
barnacle

Post by Roy_Stewart » Mon May 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Damage wrote:Yeah but has anyone commented on the amount of stitches in the big fella's noggin? Jaysus!
36 from memory, I was fortunate that a top plastic surgeon was visiting at a and e that day otherwisw it might have been ten rough ones! Scrubbed up ok anyway.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon May 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Topher wrote:
Ah, so that's what the helmet is for............carrying the boards on your noggin.

70 pounds of redwood vs Roy

You look smelly.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon May 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Damage wrote:Yeah but has anyone commented on the amount of stitches in the big fella's noggin? Jaysus!
36 from memory, I was fortunate that a top plastic surgeon was visiting at a and e that day otherwisw it might have been ten rough ones! Scrubbed up ok anyway.
You'd reckon he'd have given you a bath, shave and a haircut while he was at it.

There is a similar theme playing out here with Roys surgeon

Poor workmanship
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon May 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Roy_Stewart wrote:
Topher wrote:
Ah, so that's what the helmet is for............carrying the boards on your noggin.

70 pounds of redwood vs Roy

You look like Kasey Chambers' armpit.