Kneeboard Week on Korduroy

A place for longboarders, eggers, fish riders... if alternative surfcraft is your game, here's the place to chat about it

Moderators: collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, Shari, the kalakau kid, Forum Moderators

purple pyramids
barnacle

Kneeboard Week on Korduroy

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm

i came across this:
http://www.korduroy.tv/
"we are dedicating this week as Kneeboard Week on Korduroy. The following 5 days will feature an exclusive clip by Greenough, an Inner-view clip with the Legless crew and other cool knee-centric stuff that’s worth checking out. Be sure to stay tuned…"

Last edited by purple pyramids on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dingus
Owl status

Re: Kneeboard Week on Korduroy

Post by Dingus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Wonderful site you got there PP, if it's yours. Either way it's a great site.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

Dingus wrote:Wonderful site you got there PP, if it's yours. Either way it's a great site.
Agree, it's made me consider a return after a 10+ years break. That kneelo in the photo has got some serious air from a semi-prone position.

That Greenough home movie showed that you don't need a Toyo-Nissan 4WD wankermobile to get off the beaten track - he even drove right down to the water at Lennox. :shock:

Maybe if Michael Milton took up kneeboarding it would improve its profile. He gets air time and he's already represented his country in 2 Olympic disciplines, both winter and summer Olympics. The media would jump on it. :idea:

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 am

yeah, they have a great site. i don't have any involvement.

Thought this was a good description of the difference between kneeboarding and stand up surfing, from the steen barnes interview:
"Today’s kneeboard outlines have a much greater rail curve, its continual from nose to tail compared to a footboard. Fin placement is more forward and the way you ride them is dramatically different. Footboards are turned off the back foot (tail of the board) whilst the continual curve and the forward fin placement means when you ride a kneeboard, you lean forward and surf 90% on your rails, fins make up the 10% Awesome for late drops, you throw yourself over the ledge and total lean forward, engage the rail in front of your knees, keep leaning forward and drive. You don’t turn a kneeboard, you become one and you drive it."

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 am

I have always wanted to try a bit of kneeboarding...and I will one day...might see if I can pick myself a cheap 2nd handy ... I can do spinners on my finless while on my knees, but I do know it hurts the bony knees...

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Great that Greenough footage. Those old tanks up at Double Island Point I guess it was :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still amazing to see how monstrous that camera was.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?